• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Videogame/Gaming Thread

Cash or Czech

2 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Yeah. Get the experience you want out of it. You can do multiple playthroughs but the time cost of just one playthrough is significant enough. If the change only requires minutes of backpedaling as opposed to hours, just do it.

If I do end up doing a coop run, I'm willing to deal with whatever repercussions come with that. I want the storyline I have in mind for at least my first full playthrough.

Pretty much this. I have 34 hours in and I'm part way through Act II, definitely not halfway through the game. I am definitely not gonna do another save to fix one or two things. It's kind of nice living with action consequences too

Spoiler

Like the fight at Last Light Inn

4 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Pretty much this. I have 34 hours in and I'm part way through Act II, definitely not halfway through the game. I am definitely not gonna do another save to fix one or two things. It's kind of nice living with action consequences too

Hide contents

Like the fight at Last Light Inn

I’m willing to deal with more severe consequences in later runs for sure. My problem is not wanting to miss out on the utility or story of certain companions.

I was absolutely going to off Lae’zel at one point and I’m glad I didn’t. I also almost lost her during during one really important persuasion check that kept failing.

I want to see Astarion’s story through but it’s the only thing keeping him around for me. Otherwise I’d totally let a story based segment take him out.

I am at 84 hours now and just ended Act II on Sunday.

It was a glorious cutscene of me reaching the outskirts of the big city and standing proudly in front of my party, completely naked. lol

Happened because for some reason everyone was running around in their camp clothes when I left Act II area, despite wearing armor and I tried if taking it off and on again would fix it (it didn't). Apparently I then forgot to put the camp clothes back on for my MC and the cutscene had everyone only wearing those, except my MC... 😅

Game is glitchy AF. Had the no clothes thing happen to me. My party keeps separating- I can only control 2-3 people at a time so I basically have to switch characters and move each one individually. There were a few other things that kept happening too which have been really inconvenient. 

3 hours ago, siddious said:

Game is glitchy AF. Had the no clothes thing happen to me. My party keeps separating- I can only control 2-3 people at a time so I basically have to switch characters and move each one individually. There were a few other things that kept happening too which have been really inconvenient. 

Well, my clothes issue came from the button each char has, you can toggle between "default" and "camp clothes" there, I don't remember toggling it, might have glitched out.

So far I haven't noticed mayor issues though, outside of getting stuck in dialogue mode a few times, but that hasn't happened in a while, so it might be fixed.

You do know about the button on the left that tell your party to stay together or stay seperate? Some movements can auto-toggle it, like when you do something not all your members can do. For example if Lae'zel uses her special Gith-jump-powers and makes jumps others can't do.

Finally entered the outskirts of BG today and yh it was the laggy mess I expected. I hope I can spend a lot of time in confined areas and not on streets full of people or this will soon turn unplayable for me or at least the hours I can play in one sitting will have to be reduced, can't have my GPU at 92°C all day.

edit:

btw seems the easyness of the Romance subgame wasn't quite intended

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/23858507/baldurs-gate-3-horny-bug-gale

Edited by H-Dreamer

6 hours ago, siddious said:

Wow, so even in video games your companions try to get away from you 🙂

19 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Well, my clothes issue came from the button each char has, you can toggle between "default" and "camp clothes" there, I don't remember toggling it, might have glitched out.

So far I haven't noticed mayor issues though, outside of getting stuck in dialogue mode a few times, but that hasn't happened in a while, so it might be fixed.

You do know about the button on the left that tell your party to stay together or stay seperate? Some movements can auto-toggle it, like when you do something not all your members can do. For example if Lae'zel uses her special Gith-jump-powers and makes jumps others can't do.

Finally entered the outskirts of BG today and yh it was the laggy mess I expected. I hope I can spend a lot of time in confined areas and not on streets full of people or this will soon turn unplayable for me or at least the hours I can play in one sitting will have to be reduced, can't have my GPU at 92°C all day.

edit:

btw seems the easyness of the Romance subgame wasn't quite intended

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/23858507/baldurs-gate-3-horny-bug-gale

There’s a crowd setting you can toggle that might help with some of the strain. But I think pretty much everyone playing experiences a near 50% fps drop in Act 3.

All I can say is good luck. I’ve been on Act 3 for a little while now and it’s like hitting a wall. It’s not bad, it’s just that there isn’t the momentum from the first two acts. A lot is left up for you to explore and there’s little quest prioritization. You really need to figure out what’s important to you and if there’s a time constraint that forces you to reprioritize certain quests over others. 

I’ve been very conservative with my long rests since I got to the lower city. I’m using different team comps just to put off short and long tests and not progress to another day if possible. I may be playing it a little too safe, but I don’t want to miss any story at this point or face certain consequences.

Act 3 is by far the longest and slowest. There’s some payoff, just don’t expect any of it very quickly.

22 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

There’s a crowd setting you can toggle that might help with some of the strain. But I think pretty much everyone playing experiences a near 50% fps drop in Act 3.

All I can say is good luck. I’ve been on Act 3 for a little while now and it’s like hitting a wall. It’s not bad, it’s just that there isn’t the momentum from the first two acts. A lot is left up for you to explore and there’s little quest prioritization. You really need to figure out what’s important to you and if there’s a time constraint that forces you to reprioritize certain quests over others. 

I’ve been very conservative with my long rests since I got to the lower city. I’m using different team comps just to put off short and long tests and not progress to another day if possible. I may be playing it a little too safe, but I don’t want to miss any story at this point or face certain consequences.

Act 3 is by far the longest and slowest. There’s some payoff, just don’t expect any of it very quickly.

Yh. I haven't done much there yet, but I entered and was immediately confronted with some dude trying to get his house back from refugees and I am wondering why that is supposed to be my issue. The dialogue options sure didn't seem appealing, same for the checks to enter the circus, I was like "game hasn't even given me a reason to want to enter" lol

I liked the militaristic british pigeons though.

2 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Yh. I haven't done much there yet, but I entered and was immediately confronted with some dude trying to get his house back from refugees and I am wondering why that is supposed to be my issue. The dialogue options sure didn't seem appealing, same for the checks to enter the circus, I was like "game hasn't even given me a reason to want to enter" lol

I liked the militaristic british pigeons though.

Both the house and the circus lead to some side quests. They’re not as important but you’ll probably want to check out the quest offered in the church.

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Both the house and the circus lead to some side quests. They’re not as important but you’ll probably want to check out the quest offered in the church.

I figured as much, it's just I felt like it wouldn't be something my party would concern itself with right now realistically. You know, since we're supposed to hunt the remaining two big baddies. Circus might still be a thing I do, the house resolved itself unfortunately. lol

2 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

I figured as much, it's just I felt like it wouldn't be something my party would concern itself with right now realistically. You know, since we're supposed to hunt the remaining two big baddies. Circus might still be a thing I do, the house resolved itself unfortunately. lol

There’s more to it than the house. 

Spoiler

Check his basement.

I ended up beating BG3 last night. The ending actually comes at you pretty fast honestly and with less fanfare than I expected. There’s also a really weird pacing to the epilogue scenes that I can’t find the right words to describe yet. Only one character epilogue felt really impactful.

Had a great time playing, though, and will hopefully get a coop run through soon.

I will still take at least a week more I think. Yesterday my PC started to lag so hard, I felt like I was taking an hour for 5 minutes of content. Not sure what the issue there was as it was lagging already when I started the game (unusual), then got better only to crash and burn when I entered the circus.

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Yeah I switched gears to Starfield when the new card came in. It says 4.9 hours but a good 60% of that is going upstairs to rock and soothe my daughter. The couple hours I've played, it's been a fine RPG intro. I'm sure there's more storytelling to come. Graphics-wise, Cyberpunk is much more impressive. 

I’ll agree to the cyberpunk comment. So far at least.

44 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I read that Starfield takes awhile to get going, and there's quite a bit of things to learn early. After that, it picks up. I haven't touched it yet because I can't say. It looks cool, but Cyberpunk is definitely more up my alley, though. I'm looking forward to the expansion dropping in a couple of weeks.

I was in space for a good 20 minutes the first time you’re able to go there as I thought you had to literally fly to the place you’re supposed to go to rather than just clicking on the place on the screen and hitting “fly there” 🤣🤣🤣

35 minutes ago, siddious said:

I was in space for a good 20 minutes the first time you’re able to go there as I thought you had to literally fly to the place you’re supposed to go to rather than just clicking on the place on the screen and hitting “fly there” 🤣🤣🤣

So yeah, when it comes to space travel, you have a choice of either manually flying or doing the 'fly there' fast travel option for every planet?

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

I read that Starfield takes awhile to get going, and there's quite a bit of things to learn early. After that, it picks up. I haven't touched it yet because I can't say. It looks cool, but Cyberpunk is definitely more up my alley, though. I'm looking forward to the expansion dropping in a couple of weeks.

I’m really excited for the expansion. Going for a fresh start. They also recommend a clean install so I deleted the base game until the DLC comes out

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

I’m really excited for the expansion. Going for a fresh start. They also recommend a clean install so I deleted the base game until the DLC comes out

Yeah, and they casted Idris Elba which I'm excited about. He and Keanu Reeves in the same game, in this type of game no less, is amazing to me. I actually didn't get super far in my playthrough because they were constantly updating it. So, maybe I should just start over at this point too, because I haven't touched it a long time.