• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

10 minutes ago, josh said:

Jones did not outplay Lundkvist. He may have stood out at times, but Lundkvist might have been the most solid dman during preseason games.

He had 1 hit. 3 assists,  was a minus in a 7-2 victory.  He was easily knocked off the puck and played extremely small because he IS extremely small. I don't think he was anything special. Schneider was the most solid IMO. 

28 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Can't really blame Drury here. His agent is telling him to refuse reporting and publicized a trade demand. For all we know the conversation they had was "you're not in the shape we need you to be, head to HFD and get yourself back to game shape. We'll see ya in a few weeks." and his agent went over the top. Drury can't control how a player reacts or how the players agent reacts to news.

with what’s coming out now Drury should’ve moved him before any of this had a chance to materialize. it makes sense that Krav would’ve been part of any Eichel hypothetical so maybe you hold on to him while that plays out but otherwise this situation is not like reacting to an earthquake—it’s much more reacting to a hurricane that got here in slow motion. 

In a lot of ways, so many of these problems are a direct result of presumably clearing cap to trade for Eichel only to not trade for Eichel. Kravtsov and Jones, specifically, feel like they were destined to be in that deal.

• Like 2

You'd have to think JD would have interest.  Maybe a mutual want for a reunion.  JD went to Russia to speak to him in person,  the last time. Maybe there's trust there on Kravtsovs side?

Columbus could use some youth to sprinkle into THEIR top lines. Maybe a bundle of draft picks? Domi? 

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

In a lot of ways, so many of these problems are a direct result of presumably clearing cap to trade for Eichel only to not trade for Eichel. Kravtsov and Jones, specifically, feel like they were destined to be in that deal.

Any deal. Just odd they had them hand picked to be available before we saw the other prospects even come close to reaching their potential. 

So now, if Kakko shits the bed, they are in some serious trouble. There's no depth of top tier forwards. I guess Chytil would be next man up, then Goodrow then Blais.. Gauthier?? 

Losing Kravtsov at a drop in value or not having him slide onto the roster is kinda devastating.  Really screws up any comfort level I was brainwashed into having.  

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You'd have to think JD would have interest.  Maybe a mutual want for a reunion.  JD went to Russia to speak to him in person,  the last time. Maybe there's trust there on Kravtsovs side?

Columbus could use some youth to sprinkle into THEIR top lines. Maybe a bundle of draft picks? Domi? 

Maybe, but JD wasn't in place when they drafted him. They were a year or so apart, so I don't know how close they actually are or were.

My guess is bad teams with ample room on their NHL rosters are going to be the ones with the most interest here, though. With all of this coming to light, there's interest in him, but it's probably limited. Who in their right mind would acquire him and not effectively guarantee him they won't send him to their own AHL affiliate?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Maybe, but JD wasn't in place when they drafted him. They were a year or so apart, so I don't know how close they actually are or were.

My guess is bad teams with ample room on their NHL rosters are going to be the ones with the most interest here, though. With all of this coming to light, there's interest in him, but it's probably limited. Who in their right mind would acquire him and not effectively guarantee him they won't send him to their own AHL affiliate?

Does Buffalo have an AHL affiliate anymore or are they all playing for Buffalo?

To me anotber of the mind boggling things going on is the giant Kakko in the room. 

While I don’t buy into the notion that Kravtsov demanded top 6 minutes from the jump, I’ll entertain it.  KK was not only gifted top 6 minutes before ever lacing up skates in North America, but he was anointed as the chosen one along the way. Then he sucked donkey balls year one. He then entered year two still given plenty of top 6 minutes and offensive stat wise trended to suck more donkey balls but optically we are told that he is actually better.  Now we enter year three where not only is he guaranteed top 6 minutes, he’s basically almost elevated to top line duties specifically without playing one regular season game but it’s because he just looks better out there. Now I 100% agree he does look like this is going to be the year it comes together. However, to another young highly drafted and touted pick it sure looks weird, no? I wonder what has been said to this kid since he was drafted as to why he can’t be trusted with a roster spot just yet all while seeing others perform poorly the last two years allowing them to grow at the NHL level. 

Now not only is he told that he still can’t quite make the nhl roster but he’s told guys like Gauthier just had better preseasons even though he’s been nothing but a bust his whole career and/or the organization is afraid to lose him for nothing. Plus, as been Juliet’s MO his entire NhL career, his efforts just don’t actually lead to results but that isn't a big deal because he just cares. I didn't notice the point where Kravtsov didn't care and we all were commenting last year when he came over that, he just looked damn good straight from the jump. 

This is a crown jewel prospect. Msg was showing daily highlights of him in the KHL. The second their season was over he was flown here to start his career. Only this organization can fuck shit up like this. Kakko can borderline suck it up here for two years cart blanc but Kravtsov gets sold an entire different bills of goods. This is on Drury as far as I’m concerned. Gallant may be new here but Drury is not. He, along with the rest of the nhl, Gauthiers ceiling and he knows Kravtsovs. Hell, if he didn’t believe in Vitali, which he clearly didn’t, then he should damn well have shipped him out this offseason in some package for something that helps us. He got a crap return for Buchnevich, overdid it with guys like Tinordi or Nemeth (which by the way was kind of speculated to help Lundkvist here that hadn’t played an NHL game and will always be blocked by Fox from being out top pp about if he were to pan out) and now painted himself in a corner with cost controlled Kravtsov so we don’t lose Gauthier or Hunt? Come on bro. 

Edited by Keirik
  • Like 1

I'm still looking forward to the season, but this whole thing has taken the stuffing out a bit. I was looking forward to seeing him grow into a fantastic player and really giving this team so much more depth with all of the prospective lines they could throw out there.

They can still do that, but just a little less offensive flair.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm still looking forward to the season, but this whole thing has taken the stuffing out a bit. I was looking forward to seeing him grow into a fantastic player and really giving this team so much more depth with all of the prospective lines they could throw out there.

They can still do that, but just a little less offensive flair.

Always look forward to the season. Doesn't mean you can't acknowledge a mistake when they make it. Not the first, not the last. I just hope it's not a trend. I'd like to not be in the business of ruining our own top 10 valued prospects in favor of a top 10 prospect another club traded away because they realized something we seem to not realize. 

Edited by Keirik

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

To me anotber of the mind boggling things going on is the giant Kakko in the room. 

While I don’t buy into the notion that Kravtsov demanded top 6 minutes from the jump, I’ll entertain it.  KK was not only gifted top 6 minutes before ever lacing up skates in North America, but he was anointed as the chosen one along the way. Then he sucked donkey balls year one. He then entered year two still given plenty of top 6 minutes and offensive stat wise trended to suck more donkey balls but optically we are told that he is actually better.  Now we enter year three where not only is he guaranteed top 6 minutes, he’s basically almost elevated to top line duties specifically without playing one regular season game but it’s because he just looks better out there. Now I 100% agree he does look like this is going to be the year it comes together. However, to another young highly drafted and touted pick it sure looks weird, no? I wonder what has been said to this kid since he was drafted as to why he can’t be trusted with a roster spot just yet all while seeing others perform poorly the last two years allowing them to grow at the NHL level. 

Now not only is he told that he still can’t quite make the nhl roster but he’s told guys like Gauthier just had better preseasons even though he’s been nothing but a bust his whole career and/or the organization is afraid to lose him for nothing. Plus, as been Juliet’s MO his entire NhL career, his efforts just don’t actually lead to results but that isn't a big deal because he just cares. I didn't notice the point where Kravtsov didn't care and we all were commenting last year when he came over that, he just looked damn good straight from the jump. 

This is a crown jewel prospect. Msg was showing daily highlights of him in the KHL. The second their season was over he was flown here to start his career. Only this organization can fuck shit up like this. Kakko can borderline suck it up here for two years cart blanc but Kravtsov gets sold an entire different bills of goods. This is on Drury as far as I’m concerned. Gallant may be new here but Drury is not. He, along with the rest of the nhl, Gauthiers ceiling and he knows Kravtsovs. Hell, if he didn’t believe in Vitali, which he clearly didn’t, then he should damn well have shipped him out this offseason in some package for something that helps us. He got a crap return for Buchnevich, overdid it with guys like Tinordi or Nemeth (which by the way was kind of speculated to help Lundkvist here that hadn’t played an NHL game and will always be blocked by Fox from being out top pp about if he were to pan out) and now painted himself in a corner with cost controlled Kravtsov so we don’t lose Gauthier or Hunt? Come on bro. 

Kakko started on the third line and ended his rookie season on the 4th. 

I like Krav a lot. Drury had to have options to manage this better. But I bet both he and Gallant can smell the privileged attitude in a player like that who is so willing to believe his own hype before there are real results to back it up. From a pure value standpoint, it's mismanagement, but you can't have a princeling running around demanding shit. It undermines the whole team.

Meanwhile, there are a couple guys in Windsor and Flint (and Barron in HFD), going "YESSSS! I was born to be an NHL 3rd liner and my path just got a little clearer." 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I like Krav a lot. Drury had to have options to manage this better. But I bet both he and Gallant can smell the privileged attitude in a player like that who is so willing to believe his own hype before there are real results to back it up. From a pure value standpoint, it's mismanagement, but you can't have a princeling running around demanding shit. It undermines the whole team.

Meanwhile, there are a couple guys in Windsor and Flint (and Barron in HFD), going "YESSSS! I was born to be an NHL 3rd liner and my path just got a little clearer." 

Clearer? Put in all the hard work, make the necessary improvements, and you still get cut because Drury is worried about getting a 5th rd pick for Hajek?

30 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Based on what we know, it seems like we're past the point of no return with this guy now. I think he's gone. ?

I think he'll be back, Sharpy.  Once he's done being pissed off, I think cooler heads will prevail. 

I don't blame the guy for being pissed off, I thought he was going to be a major contributor this season as well, but this is surely not the path to take in handling this situation.  I was under the impression that he would most likely be sent down for a few games and he'd play his way outta Hartford very quickly.

Maybe he needed some more pre-season in Gallant's/Drury's mind, I don't know.  He looked pretty good to me against the Islanders, so I was thinking he was a definite too.

But I think he'll be back.  We're gonna need him...he's a pretty good player I think!

Edited by Ozzy

16 minutes ago, josh said:

and you still get cut because Drury is worried about getting a 5th rd pick for Hajek

Sounds more like he got cut because other players beat him out, and it says a lot that they didn't want him on the team building trip.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Sounds more like he got cut because other players beat him out, and it says a lot that they didn't want him on the team building trip.

Yup. Even after mending fences, according to Carp's latest article, Kravtsov still butted heads with Drury while playing in the AHL. I can't say for certain why, but I think it's entirely plausible it's because he thinks he's "too good" for that league.