• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

1 minute ago, Pete said:

It's possible they saw some laziness or bad habits in his limited time. Who knows?

This is the coach everyone wanted, and this is a decision he weighed in on, and now everyone is upset. Would people be this upset had he just went down and played? So are people upset that he got cut, or that he's reacting poorly?

Honestly, upset that the organization as a whole seems to be schizophrenic.  

On one hand, they go through this rebuild.  Actually adding younger talent. Things seem to be falling nicely into place, getting some ping pong ball luck and whatnot.

Then, before the rebuild is complete (we can argue all day about where in the rebuild the organization was, but I doubt many thought it was actually complete), the Owner gets impatient and fires the President, GM, and Coach; completely changing the organizational dynamic.

So, is now we find ourselves here...with Krav stuck in middle of this philosophical change.  Basically, a casualty of this dynamic organizational change.  No longer are they prioritizing the rebuild, rather now it's about winning.  And if Krav has to become a casualty, well so be it.  Because we need to get revenge on Wilson and the Capitals on Wednesday night.

It's super frustrating, and Krav and his camp haven't handled this well...at all.  But as an organization, the Rangers should have seen this coming, or at least known it was a possibility, and tried to do something before it got to this point.  Maybe they did, and they felt this was the best outcome, given the circumstances.  We don't know.  

But as a Fan, it's super frustrating that they couldn't find a way to make this all work out, one way or another.  Maybe it still will, but man this smarts, and it reeks of desperation.

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

To me that article by Vince pretty much solidifies that this was a communication issue which is on the organization

I don't know how you come to that conclusion, but when you're a rookie trying to earn a spot and you get hurt....There's not any athlete in the world who thinks their job is "safe"...He got out played. Gauthier has been good. Now I feel he will suck in short order and be waived, and that's all Kravtsov had to do...Wait for Goat to fuck up. We all know it's coming.

4 minutes ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

Honestly, upset that the organization as a whole seems to be schizophrenic.  

On one hand, they go through this rebuild.  Actually adding younger talent. Things seem to be falling nicely into place, getting some ping pong ball luck and whatnot.

Then, before the rebuild is complete (we can argue all day about where in the rebuild the organization was, but I doubt many thought it was actually complete), the Owner gets impatient and fires the President, GM, and Coach; completely changing the organizational dynamic.

So, is now we find ourselves here...with Krav stuck in middle of this philosophical change.  Basically, a casualty of this dynamic organizational change.  No longer are they prioritizing the rebuild, rather now it's about winning.  And if Krav has to become a casualty, well so be it.  Because we need to get revenge on Wilson and the Capitals on Wednesday night.

It's super frustrating, and Krav and his camp haven't handled this well...at all.  But as an organization, the Rangers should have seen this coming, or at least known it was a possibility, and tried to do something before it got to this point.  Maybe they did, and they felt this was the best outcome, given the circumstances.  We don't know.  

But as a Fan, it's super frustrating that they couldn't find a way to make this all work out, one way or another.  Maybe it still will, but man this smarts, and it reeks of desperation.

Fair enough. Good post.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's possible they saw some laziness or bad habits in his limited time. Who knows?

This is the coach everyone wanted, and this is a decision he weighed in on, and now everyone is upset. Would people be this upset had he just went down and played? So are people upset that he got cut, or that he's reacting poorly?

I’ll say it’s the snowball of the whole situation. The rational counter to my argument is that even if thry waived Gauthier and kept Kravtsov , he still has difficulty getting in the lineup. I think that’s probably true, but there are 100 different ways he gets in. Injuries, redundant roles of grit, different looks, struggles, etc all means there would be opportunities for Kravtsov to get his chance. Can he get that from Hartford at the dial of a phone? Sure. But there is the element of money, trust in saying you’re one of us, rewards, time around the club and fans , etc. I think this was a bigger decision than management realizes and I think it was handled poorly. I just hope it’s fixable. 

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

Oh I'm mad he's not on the team.

Plus, I wasn't a Gallant guy. But, i didnt have a horse in the race.

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I’ll say it’s the snowball of the whole situation. The rational counter to my argument is that even if thry waived Gauthier and kept Kravtsov , he still has difficulty getting in the lineup. I think that’s probably true, but there are 100 different ways he gets in. Injuries, redundant roles of grit, different looks, struggles, etc all means there would be opportunities for Kravtsov to get his chance. Can he get that from Hartford at the dial of a phone? Sure. But there is the element of money, trust in saying you’re one of us, rewards, time around the club and fans , etc. I think this was a bigger decision than management realizes and I think it was handled poorly. I just hope it’s fixable. 

Yea I mean they just a COVID protocol away from Jones and Krav being here. That's why I don't get this from Krav. He should be smarter. Maybe he has a shitty agent.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't know how you come to that conclusion, but when you're a rookie trying to earn a spot and you get hurt....There's not any athlete in the world who thinks their job is "safe"...He got out played. Gauthier has been good. Now I feel he will suck in short order and be waived, and that's all Kravtsov had to do...Wait for Goat to fuck up. We all know it's coming.

Don't know why I keep getting misquoted, but my entire post had nothing to do with whether he deserved to earn a spot or not. It was all about how it was communicated to Kravtsov that he was being demoted, and what they saw as the plan.

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I wish you would pick a lane. One hour in the thread you’re saying it’s waivers, the other time you’re saying it’s because 

I get you can make generic “it’s a bit of both” but you keep flopping back and forth on why he was sent down. Besides, if it was based on play, then it’s a horrible evaluation of talent and roster management. Gauthier hasn’t done anything different in this camp that has hasn’t already been doing with the same zero results for 2 prior seasons here. Im sure Drury and Gallant have seen it with their own eyes or watched summer videos of players in Gallants case. Even in the short time Krav played he showed results.

If it was based on waivers then again, it’s horrible roster management and evaluation. One has a future, one is a bust. 

It's one lane.  First he didn't do enough to force his way into the top 6/9.  Then of the all the forwards in this boat, he was the one that was waivers exempt.

57 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

Don't know why I keep getting misquoted, but my entire post had nothing to do with whether he deserved to earn a spot or not. It was all about how it was communicated to Kravtsov that he was being demoted, and what they saw as the plan.

And there's no evidence he wasn't communicated to appropriately. Things change. Drury's quote was from a month ago. The landscape shifted. 

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's why ? are so critical. He wasn't bad. Kravtsov didn't even play FFS LOL.

Dude, that was against AHL teams, for the most part, and at his best, Gauthier did his 1 fucking move and didnt get anything out of it.

2 minutes ago, josh said:

Dude, that was against AHL teams, for the most part, and at his best, Gauthier did his 1 fucking move and didnt get anything out of it.

I'm not saying anything other than he played, he was OK, and Kravtsov was hurt.

How many rookies miss almost the entire preseason and still make the team?

I’ve been assured by a top source that Kravtsov’s demotion had nothing to do with him being exempt from waivers while Hunt and Gauthier would have required waivers at minimal risk of an actual claim had they been sent down instead.

No, the source insisted, this was about Kravtsov’s mediocre training camp, the lower-body injury that cost him part of that camp and preseason, and the belief of Drury and new coach Gerard Gallant that this 21-year-old needed a bit more developmental time.

https://theathletic.com/2885158/2021/10/12/carpiniello-rangers-manage-themselves-into-a-corner-with-vitali-kravtsov-demotion-and-trade-situation/?source=user_shared_article

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Does it? Or was this just a numbers game they need to sort out for a bit while they work on a trade of Hajek and maybe Gauthier, too? Again, an ounce of patience goes a long way here. You're 21, not 31. The AHL is not a death sentence. Not for you.

Just for Lundkvist.....

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm not saying anything other than he played, he was OK, and Kravtsov was hurt.

How many rookies miss almost the entire preseason and still make the team?

I think we all know this wasn't a "you were hurt, missed time, go get reps/conditioning and you'll be right up" scenario

Edited by josh

Just now, josh said:

Still think you leave him on the roster, if he doesnt do much, you can justify sending him down.

Maybe, but there’s a few other gems in this that strongly hint at him being a problem.

Kravtsov sulked, exercised an out-clause he had negotiated to return to play in Russia, came back with an adjusted attitude, and played fairly well for the final portion of the season with Hartford, though he and Drury did butt heads a few times, according to sources. 

Let’s not forget that in early October, Kravtsov, who couldn’t play because of an injury, was nevertheless sent home rather than attend a team bonding trip in Rhode Island.

https://theathletic.com/2885158/2021/10/12/carpiniello-rangers-manage-themselves-into-a-corner-with-vitali-kravtsov-demotion-and-trade-situation/?source=user_shared_article

3 hours ago, siddious said:

"Give him permission to seek a trade" sounds like "we wont make any effort to move you, have your little tantrum and come back to us when you realize you dont have any option besides the KHL"

Gauthier in over Krav is stupid. But no excuse for not reporting and proving you deserve to be on the big squad.

Tinordi and Hunt here while Hajek and Gauthier are here is even more stupid.  But......   Gotta beat up Tom Wilson... Shrug.. ehhh? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh?