• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

Just now, Chuck_IV said:

Then don’t have a double standard when it comes to making the team either. He was better than those two but because he has waiver clearance wand the other two don’t, down he goes, regardless of whether he played better.

Correct. That's not a double standard. It's a feature of the way NHL contracts function.

Just now, Phil said:

Even if all of this is true, refusing to report is the worst possible reaction to have. What he should have done is accepted the assignment, paid lip service to reporters about working hard and hoping to prove he belongs in the NHL, while quietly requesting a trade.

Going to Hartford and dogging it would be worse.

He ACCEPTED assignment last year, when he was in the KHL. He did what they asked him to do. He DID that. "Send him down, accept being sent down." HE DID. That was his entire season last year was developing these specific thinigs about his game. He did "all the little things". he "did what was asked for him" and came back NHL-ready.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Easily. By not having double standards. All my players — top to bottom — should have character in spades. If they don't, and they pull juvie bullshit like this, I'll happily "take the L" and send them packing.

How's Lias Andersson doing these days?

He played 40 games in the A, worked his ass of, deservedly made the team last season, played good hockey with trash linemates. Came into camp and looked good, got injured, but came back and had a good game. He then gets send down because we had to protect Hajek, Hunt and Gauthier. The Rangers and the FO fucked up here aswell.

Lias is actually doing fine. Made the LA Kings roster, LA fans I've seen posting on other boards actually likes him and thinks he has a future with the team. He looks revitalized after getting away from the Rangers org, so what's the point your trying to make here?

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

He played 40 games in the A, worked his ass of, deservedly made the team last season, played good hockey with trash linemates. Came into camp and looked good, got injured, but came back and had a good game. He then gets send down because we had to protect Hajek, Hunt and Gauthier. The Rangers and the FO fucked up here aswell.

Lias is actually doing fine. Made the LA Kings roster, LA fans I've seen posting on other boards actually likes him and thinks he has a future with the team. He looks revitalized after getting away from the Rangers org, so what's the point your trying to make here?

Great! Sorry it didn't go perfectly. We're human. We make mistakes. Bear with us a bit while we sort this out and you'll be back in short order. Or, you know, pout like a bitch. Your choice.

4 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yet Zac Jones went to Hartford determined to keep working, get better, and force his way onto the NHL roster.  So no.  The organization didn't fuck up.  Entitled prospects pouting fucked up. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

He doesn't have to benefit. He just has to do it while the main roster is sorted out, unless you honestly believe the Gauthier and Hunt experiments are going to be long-term solutions.

I'll tell you what he definitely doesn't benefit from, though — having two black marks on his career for quitting on his team when he didn't get his way.

I definitely don’t think they are long term but I’m older, wiser, looking in from the outside so I have that luxury. I didn’t just have my career derailed like Kravtsov did in a much different situation than the last time. Like I said, first time I agree. Stfu kid, you didn’t earn it. This time?  I see a young player that earned an NHL roster spot in his last year before RFA being sent down over spare parts that the coach says earned it more.  

This is a bit similar to the over reaction in the offseason to toughness, size, and grit. We have that in spades. Surely we could have risked losing a little to keep Kravtsov on an NHL roster when he has a chance at being a force for our team. 

Why even play him that last game against the Islanders then? You just fucked with him. He looks great that game, scores a skilled goal, fits right in there and it means nothing.  

• Applause 1

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Great! Sorry it didn't go perfectly. We're human. We make mistakes. Bear with us a bit while we sort this out and you'll be back in short order. Or, you know, pout like a bitch. Your choice.

lol why so mad?

Some people here attack the player, some question the orgs decision.

It's a forum you know, no one is bitching.

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

Yet Zac Jones went to Hartford determined to keep working, get better, and force his way onto the NHL roster.  So no.  The organization didn't fuck up.  Entitled prospects pouting fucked up. 

Zac Jones is also a younger 3rd round pick. Kind of a big difference than a top 10 pick that is being blocked by fringe players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

Both sides can do wrong you know.

Kravtsov was at some point ranked as a #1 prospect outside of the NHL, he's now worth around a 3rd round pick? if you don't think Rangers have fucked up in this situation I don't know what to tell ya.

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I definitely don’t think they are long term but I’m older, wiser, looking in from the outside so I have that luxury. I didn’t just have my career derailed like Kravtsov did in a much different situation than the last time. Like I said, first time I agree. Stfu kid, you didn’t earn it. This time?  I see a young player that earned an NHL roster spot in his last year before RFA being sent down over spare parts that the coach says earned it more.  

This is a bit similar to the over reaction in the offseason to toughness, size, and grit. We have that in spades. Surely we could have risked losing a little to keep Kravtsov on an NHL roster when he has a chance at being a force for our team. 

Why even play him that last game against the Islanders then? You just fucked with him. He looks great that game, scores a skilled goal, fits right in there and it means nothing.  

Does it? Or was this just a numbers game they need to sort out for a bit while they work on a trade of Hajek and maybe Gauthier, too? Again, an ounce of patience goes a long way here. You're 21, not 31. The AHL is not a death sentence. Not for you.

3 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

They brought him up last season with the intention to get him around the game. Jones went to prospect camp.

Different approaches, different promises.

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Zac Jones is also a younger 3rd round pick. Kind of a big difference than a top 10 pick that is being blocked by fringe players.

Also drafted a year after and a year younger. VERY different situations, but I guess that doesnt matter.

As said previously, Krav has already been sent down and worked his way up. Now he's being blocked by Gauthier and Hunt and he feels that's unfair and undeserved. But that makes him a spoiled little european shit kid I guess.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Both sides can do wrong you know.

Kravtsov was at some point ranked as a #1 prospect outside of the NHL, he's now worth around a 3rd round pick? if you don't think Rangers have fucked up in this situation I don't know what to tell ya.

Yes, that's how time works. It's linear. It happens to all kinds of highly-ranked prospects who simply don't pan out. Most of whom don't refuse to report to their club's minor league affiliate out of spite.

1 minute ago, josh said:

They brought him up last season with the intention to get him around the game. Jones went to prospect camp.

Which thoroughly explains the trade request, not the refusal to report.

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Also drafted a year after and a year younger. VERY different situations, but I guess that doesnt matter.

As said previously, Krav has already been sent down and worked his way up. Now he's being blocked by Gauthier and Hunt and he feels that's unfair and undeserved. But that makes him a spoiled little european shit kid I guess.

I think there is this mentality among Rangers fans that no development exists outside Hartford... while also thinking that Hartford is successful at developing.

People are blatantly ignoring what he did in the KHL last season, and asking him to do it again, this season, because they didn't see it.

• Applause 1

Just now, josh said:

Jones also had a better camp than Miller, Nemeth, and Tinordi.  Jone's also recognizes that it will be easier to force is way onto the team by playing 20+ minutes a night in Hartford rather than sitting in the press box.  Similarly Krav could have went and played on the 1st line in the A and showed what he could do while Gauthier is in the press box.

• Applause 1

Just now, Long live the King said:

Jones also had a better camp than Miller, Nemeth, and Tinordi.  Jone's also recognizes that it will be easier to force is way onto the team by playing 20+ minutes a night in Hartford rather than sitting in the press box.  Similarly Krav could have went and played on the 1st line in the A and showed what he could do while Gauthier is in the press box.

Talk to Phil. He brought up the double standards.

Whats he going to prove playing on the first line with Justin Richards and some other fuck we've never heard of?

• Like 1

Age and draft position don't matter.  That's the line of thinking that has Krav feeling like he's entitled to top 6 minutes.

Oh yes it does. When has it not ? It’s not that common for a top 10 pick that SHOWS he belongs gets handled the same way a guy 

You mean like he already did or you mean he has to do it over and over again? 

1 minute ago, josh said:

I think there is this mentality among Rangers fans that no development exists outside Hartford... while also thinking that Hartford is successful at developing.

People are blatantly ignoring what he did in the KHL last season, and asking him to do it again, this season, because they didn't see it.

Ranger fans didn't make the decision.  Drury did.  You think Drury is unaware of what was going on while he was the Pack's GM?

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Which thoroughly explains the trade request, not the refusal to report.

New job, nice salary, youre an exec now. Relocated and everything!

Just kidding. You are actually getting sent to Hartford, making 1/10th your salary, and you're riding the bus. Don't be a bitch, now! Enjoy!

Edited by josh
  • Like 1