• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

He's totally right to do this. 

If he's in the AHL then he's still a prospect right?  

But this is the same Kravtsov that the Rangers made an open statement about saying that he wasn't participating in the prospect tournament last month because they said he was beyond that stage.  Now this.  If this was a possibility he should have been in the tournament and they shouldn't have said that.

No wonder he is confused and fed up.

Edited by TwoMinutesForNothing
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Drury said that Kravtsov was with the NHL squad and not the prospect camp.

So Drury did this as a "Fuck you!"?

3 hours ago, siddious said:

The only difference is that Krav is more likely to leave for the KHL I think. I dunno what you do then. On one hand I would rather make an example out of him and let him play over there while retaining his rights. But on the other you lose an asset. 

But he could just as well stay there and make money.  He doesn't exactly NEED the NHL to have a well paying hockey career  

Just now, Phil said:

No idea, but paints a very bleak relationship.

No, its Carp being fucking dumb Carp.

Drury said he was with the NHL guys - those previous quotes dont mean shit. Drury would have told him to stay in Russia in such scenario, or trade him before this.

7 minutes ago, josh said:

I think we all know this wasn't a "you were hurt, missed time, go get reps/conditioning and you'll be right up" scenario

No, it's a "you  got hurt and your body of work is weak" scenario. 

The messages you got beat out for a spot by Julien Gauthier.

smacked slap gif GIF

Just now, Pete said:

No, it's a "you  got hurt and your body of work is weak" scenario. 

The messages you got beat out for a spot by Julien Gauthier.

smacked slap gif GIF

Gauthier, 0 points in 5 games against AHL players while posting a -4 with his 3 rushes up the boards, trying to cut to the net and losing the puck was not better than Kravtsov.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

He's totally right to do this. 

If he's in the AHL then he's still a prospect right?  

But this is the same Kravtsov that the Rangers made an open statement about saying that he wasn't participating in the prospect tournament last month because they said he was beyond that stage.  Now this.  If this was a possibility he should have been in the tournament and they shouldn't have said that.

No wonder he is confused and fed up.

What was said a month ago isn't relevant when a player has been injured for all of preseason and only played in one full game.

What did he do to earn a spot? He was totally forgettable outside of one goal that was basically a sick feed from Strome.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

They do, from the perspective of not playing skilled players on banging/checking lines, which is exactly where Kravtsov fits at the moment.

Thought we all agreed that high-skilled players need meaningful minutes with other high-skilled players and shouldn't be on the fourth line?

Put him with Chytil on a 3rd line. Goodrow or Blais on the other wing.  Can't say there's nowhere to play him when Chytil gets to play on the 3rd line. 

1 minute ago, josh said:

Gauthier, 0 points in 5 games against AHL players while posting a -4 with his 3 rushes up the boards, trying to cut to the net and losing the puck was not better than Kravtsov.

And there's nothing anybody can say or do to change your mind, so you just keep on thinking that.

At the end of last season, Kravtsov had a contentious exit-meeting with Rangers management. Much of the strained discussion zeroed in on the way No. 74 trains in the offseason, which left Kravtsov thinking he was going to be traded. Kravtsov decided to fire his agent, Paul Theofanous, and hired new representation in Dan Milstein amid issues with Rangers brass.

Additionally, Kravtsov believed he should’ve been in the top six when he was first recalled to the Rangers last season. Kravtsov bounced around the lineup throughout the 20 games he played in 2020-21, including a lengthy stretch on the fourth line.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/12/rangers-could-trade-vitali-kravtsov-with-tensions-rising-over-demotion/

9 minutes ago, josh said:

No, its Carp being fucking dumb Carp.

Drury said he was with the NHL guys - those previous quotes dont mean shit. Drury would have told him to stay in Russia in such scenario, or trade him before this.

It's not just Carp. Walker just posted another update talking about him having a really bad exit interview. The more we read, the more this feels like Andersson. They're not salvaging this.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

So, with this in mind, I'll ask again — does anyone actually believe the outcome would be any different had he been on the main roster and not demoted? I'm not convinced. He believed himself a top-six player. The moment he wasn't, he was asking out IMO.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

So, with this in mind, I'll ask again — does anyone actually believe the outcome would be any different had he been on the main roster and not demoted? I'm not convinced. He believed himself a top-six player. The moment he wasn't, he was asking out IMO.

I think at a minimum you wouldn't have cratered his trade value. 

Edited by jsrangers
  • Like 2

I found his play to be extremely impressive at the end of last season.  I couldn't believe how defensively responsible he was along with the offensive flashes.  He is probably right about deserving more minutes up in the lineup and he certainly did enough to earn a spot this season.

I love Hunt and Gauthier and have made that clear, but you don't dismiss Kravtsov for them.  You keep all three, give Krav his spot and rotate Rooney and Reaves to get the other two in if you wish.  

This wasn't rocket science, but now we've torched it all.  Even if you wanted to continue to seek a trade you could have done so on the low.  This was mismanagement no matter how you look at it. 

Edited by TwoMinutesForNothing

Just now, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

I found his play to be extremely impressive at the end of last season.  I couldn't believe how defensively responsible he was along with the offensive flashes.  He is probably right about deserving more minutes up in the lineup and he certainly did enough to earn a spot this season.

I love Hunt and Gauthier and have made that clear, but you don't dismiss Kravtsov for them.  You keep all three, give Krav his spot and rotate Rooney and Reaves to get the other two in if you wish.  

Krav's "spot" was top-six or bust, according to Walker and others. He basically thought he should be gifted a top-six role, and that was before the Buch trade.

Just now, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

He wasn't quitting hockey or sitting out if he was playing 3rd line with Chytil every night in a Rangers jersey.

We don't know this, and what we do suggests he'd likely still be asking out.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/12/rangers-could-trade-vitali-kravtsov-with-tensions-rising-over-demotion/

https://theathletic.com/2885158/2021/10/12/carpiniello-rangers-manage-themselves-into-a-corner-with-vitali-kravtsov-demotion-and-trade-situation/

1 minute ago, Phil said:

He was on the 3rd line all camp with Chytil and Goodrow.  He looked thrilled when he scored last game.  He didn't ask out until they told him he was cut. 

He doesn't control the lines, the coach does. Most players look thrilled when they score. The last bit is accurate. I've said earlier, to me, the difference between each outcome is likely the failure to report. Getting stuck on a third line probably would have kept his trade request alive. Getting assigned to HFD made him quit.

46 minutes ago, josh said:

Dude, that was against AHL teams, for the most part, and at his best, Gauthier did his 1 fucking move and didnt get anything out of it.

Well... He did draw 2-3 penalties with his one fucking move. I think they may have scored on 2 of those PPs.. 

Like I've been saying. Gauthier and Hajek... I get. Hunt and Tinordi. I don't.