• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Sounds more like he got cut because other players beat him out, and it says a lot that they didn't want him on the team building trip.

Yes. I don't know about getting decisively beaten out by Gauthier. But there has to have been general noise around this that goes beyond sheer performance. If Krav is bitching to other players about he's the shit and not getting a fair shake, that is a net negative - unless he is clearly showing on the ice that they're wrong. It sounds like Drury has been coping with this for awhile, but I bet Gallant gives zero fucks for a kid who has not yet brought first rate performance at the NHL level demanding premier placement. Again, I can see better communication and management paths that could have avoided a showdown. But I can also see that they believed they were doing the best thing for the team at this moment. 

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Kakko started on the third line and ended his rookie season on the 4th. 

And played on the third line in his sophomore year.  Not only that, but we didn't hear an ounce of complaining as the #2OA pick watched Jesper Fast and Colin Fucking Blackwell play in the top 6 AND get PP time in front of him.  He just put his head down and worked.  We can forget in all this that we only see like 10% or less of the team interactions during games.  We don't see the offseason work, what they do in practice, how they interreact with coaches, how they respond to criticism, etc. 

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

And played on the third line in his sophomore year.  Not only that, but we didn't hear an ounce of complaining as the #2OA pick watched Jesper Fast and Colin Fucking Blackwell play in the top 6 AND get PP time in front of him.  He just put his head down and worked.  We can forget in all this that we only see like 10% or less of the team interactions during games.  We don't see the offseason work, what they do in practice, how they interreact with coaches, how they respond to criticism, etc. 

Kakko never got sent down either. We didnt hear anything from Krav before he was sent down.

I think people overreact a bit to his reaction. When did believing in yourself and looking out for your best interest turn into "whining little crybaby"? He don't think AHL is his level and for him its a clear sign for the future that it will be very hard for him to earn a spot here when the value Gauthier over him (who didnt really have a good camp).

I also think the culture differences here plays a part. Being sent down in Russia is more "embarassing" than it is in the NHL. In Russia its not for development, its strictly punishment.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Kakko never got sent down either. We didnt hear anything from Krav before he was sent down.

I think people overreact a bit to his reaction. When did believing in yourself and looking out for your best interest turn into "whining little crybaby"? He don't think AHL is his level and for him its a clear sign for the future that it will be very hard for him to earn a spot here when the value Gauthier over him (who didnt really have a good camp).

I also think the culture differences here plays a part. Being sent down in Russia is more "embarassing" than it is in the NHL. In Russia its not for development, its strictly punishment.

Q: When did believing in yourself and looking out for your best interest turn into "whining little crybaby"? 

A: Never

Refusing to report for your assignment turns you into whining little crybaby. 

Shesty, clearly better than Georgiev, went to Hartford, didn't complain.  

Kakko didn’t just play 3rd and 4th line minutes, especially early on in his first season. He was up and down the lineup. He was on pp quite a bit, especially that first season. Once they realized he was nowhere near nhl ready they lowered him in the lineup correctly. 

Just now, Long live the King said:

Q: When did believing in yourself and looking out for your best interest turn into "whining little crybaby"? 

A: Never

Refusing to report for your assignment turns you into whining little crybaby. 

Shesty, clearly better than Georgiev, went to Hartford, didn't complain.  

Shesty played 25 AHL games, Kravtsov has already played 39 AHL games.

He's already done what you all wanted him to do, and now he has to do it again. He didn't find that fair. In his eyes the org don't value him when they keep Gauthier over him, so he's looking for a way out.

Its not so hard really.

He think's he's better than the AHL and he thinks Rangers don't value him the same way he values himself. He knows that in worst case scenario he goes home and play in the KHL, earn 10x what he does in AHL and lives a good life in his home country or some NHL team takes the chance on him.

So?  Good for him he played 39 games.  He's too good for the AHL?  He put up 6 goals and 15 points in 39 games.  Last year Barron had 10 goals and 21 points in 21 games.  I don't see him refusing his assignment because he's too good for the AHL.  You wanna prove you're too good for the AHL?  Accept your assignment and go score over a ppg.  Its not so hard really. 

• Applause 1

3 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

So?  Good for him he played 39 games.  He's too good for the AHL?  He put up 6 goals and 15 points in 39 games.  Last year Barron had 10 goals and 21 points in 21 games.  I don't see him refusing his assignment because he's too good for the AHL.  You wanna prove you're too good for the AHL?  Accept your assignment and go score over a ppg.  Its not so hard really. 

You just keep moving the goal post here.

It doesnt really matter, he values himself higher than the org does. Lets wait and see who's gonna end up the idiot(s) here.

27 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Using AHL stats to justify anything is ridiculous. Vinni Lettieri Is an AHL beast. So?

Who's comparing him to Lettieri?

I'm looking at...

Josh Norris, 31-30-61 in 56 games
Gabe Vilardi, 9-16-25 in 32 games
Trevor Zegras, 10-11-21 in 17 games
Phil Tomasino, 13-19-32 in 29 games
Arthur Kaliyev, 14-17-31 in 40 games
Cole Perfetti, 9-17-26 in 32 games

These kids dominated the AHL as rookies in the league at 19-20 years old, and there are plenty more since the 2018 draft.  Sorry, but Krav's .38 ppg in the AHL is not impressive.

Edited by Long live the King
  • Applause 1

8 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

But his play last season in the NHL showed that he was good enough for the NHL. His numbers over a year ago in the AHL is not really relevant.

His play in the last preseason game alone says he’s ready too and that was without the help of our big three against a cup favorite.

Like I said before, 23 players from the 2018 draft have been given more of a chance and played more NHL games than Krav, one even being Miller. Hell, 5 of that 23 weren’t even first round picks.

If it’s his attitude that is the reason why then what kind of scouting did we screw up yet another 1st round pick? We could have taken Wahlstrom that had a better rookie year than both Kakko and Alf playing up and down the lineup. 

14 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I'm looking at...

These kids dominated the AHL as rookies in the league at 19-20 years old, and there are plenty more since the 2018 draft.  Sorry, but Krav's .38 ppg in the AHL is not impressive.

Edited by Keirik

14 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I'm looking at...

Great, you have some examples of guys that have good AHL numbers? And there are hundreds of guys with awesome AHL numbers that don’t do crap in the NHL. I’m not following the point? That because he didn’t dominate a league that Julien Gauthier scored like Rocket Richard in means he hasn’t shown his worth in the NHL? 

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Great, you have some examples of guys that have good AHL numbers? And there are hundreds of guys with awesome AHL numbers that don’t do crap in the NHL. I’m not following the point? That because he didn’t dominate a league that Julien Gauthier scored like Rocket Richard in means he hasn’t shown his worth in the NHL? 

Gauthier played multiple years before scoring all those goals.  Again, that list is 19-20 year old 1st round picks dominating the AHL in their first AHL stint, something Krav didn't do.  If you think you're too good for the AHL, go score 10 points in 5 games and force tour way onto the big club.

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

Gauthier played multiple years before scoring all those goals.  Again, that list is 19-20 year old 1st round picks dominating the AHL in their first AHL stint, something Krav didn't do.  If you think you're too good for the AHL, go score 10 points in 5 games and force tour way onto the big club.

I honestly have no idea why you are so focused on the AHL. Again, who gives a shit about the AHL? There are a shit ton of AHL superstars that never did squat at the NHL level. More failures than successes actually especially in recent decades where players develop in other leagues overseas or college.  I take more stock in what he’s shown more recently in the KHL where he led his team in goals at 20 years old and looked great all year.  Or by all means go back to the gdt when Kravtsov got here last year and look at a lot of the comments of how he is a step quicker than a lot of players and looks to fit right in at the NHL level.  Nothing has changed since then except he got hurt and our illustrious clutch gm wants to horde grit. 

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I honestly have no idea why you are so focused on the AHL. Again, who gives a shit about the AHL? There are a shit ton of AHL superstars that never did squat at the NHL level. More failures than successes actually especially in recent decades where players develop in other leagues overseas or college.  I take more stock in what he’s shown more recently in the KHL where he led his team in goals at 20 years old and looked great all year.  Or by all means go back to the gdt when Kravtsov got here last year and look at a lot of the comments of how he is a step quicker than a lot of players and looks to fit right in at the NHL level.  Nothing has changed since then except he got hurt and our illustrious clutch gm wants to horde grit. 

Well I was discussing the AHL since Zuc said Krav thinks he's too good for the AHL.   But based in what you're saying, fuck Gallant since Gallant doesn't have Krav in the lineup. 

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Or lead your team in a different professional league like the KHL to show you’re NHL ready. 

I mean...we need to be real about this one. Kravtsov didn't lead his team - he was like 7th in scoring on Traktor. Which, sure, impressive for a 20 year old, but we should really have this conversation honestly. We know for a fact that KHL success doesn't always translate - for every Kaprizov or Kuznetzov or Tarasenko, there's like four Filatovs or Grigorienkos or Yakupovs or Nigel Daweses.

It's really alarming to me to see Gauthier and Hunt beat him for a spot. That's legitimately scary for his future prospects. I'm also really concerned with what they told him in the sent-down meeting, because the reaction is not something that I'd expect from what I would have reckoned the conversation was (something like "You've made great progress, but between the injury and a lot of talent up front, we want to make the decision we think is best for your growth. We're sending you to Hartford because that's a place where you can lead, you can get PP1 time, you can stay sharp, and you should expect that if you keep at this pace, it won't be long until you're here in NY permanently"). We have a lot of Kravtsov-level prospects in the system. What the hell did they say?