• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

He doesn't control the lines, the coach does. Most players look thrilled when they score. The last bit is accurate. I've said earlier, to me, the difference between each outcome is likely the failure to report. Getting stuck on a third line probably would have kept his trade request alive. Getting assigned to HFD made him quit.

Who says there was a trade request before today?  I've seen that he expected to be traded in the offseason, but not that he requested it.  

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well... He did draw 2-3 penalties with his one fucking move. I think they may have scored on 2 of those PPs.. 

Like I've been saying. Gauthier and Hajek... I get. Hunt and Tinordi. I don't. 

I like Hunt more than Gauthier, and I used to really like Gauthier.

Keep all if you demote Hajek

1 minute ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Who says there was a trade request before today?  I've seen that he expected to be traded in the offseason, but not that he requested it.  

I'm talking about the trade request he just made, or that was just reported by Friedman. They were, by all accounts, trying to move him in the off-season after the contentious exit-interview. We don't know if that was induced at his request or was just the team looking to move on. We do know that since, the team has granted his representation the right to seek a deal.

What I'm saying is that getting cut is what made him refuse to report, but not getting a top-six role is what, IMO, fueled his trade request. I don't think he'd have been happy playing on a third line without PP time.

42 minutes ago, Phil said:

Huh?

When I talked about sending Lundkvist down, it was as if I shit on everyone's mother's face.  Nevermind Miller.. Everyone picks and chooses who "deserves" to be sent to Hartford. Only a select few are allowed to not be happy about it. 

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

So, with this in mind, I'll ask again — does anyone actually believe the outcome would be any different had he been on the main roster and not demoted? I'm not convinced. He believed himself a top-six player. The moment he wasn't, he was asking out IMO.

I don’t really agree.

He believed himself an NHLer. He was not really a top 6 guy last year. Did he come into camp this year asking out? He obviously has a high opinion of his ceiling but he did exactly what they asked of him. I have no problem having a young guy with enough confidence to know he belongs.

Maybe he felt a top 6 spot is gifted in this organization because well…..it has been. How many goals did Kakko and Alf combined score in top 6 last year? Maybe there is some communication problem here.

Just now, The Dude said:

When I talked about sending Lundkvist down, it was as if I shit on everyone's mother's face.  Nevermind Miller.. Everyone picks and chooses who "deserves" to be sent to Hartford. Only a select few are allowed to not be happy about it. 

Can you link to any of this? I literally said earlier in preseason that I'd have had no issue with Lundkvist in the AHL. I thought Jones beat him, even though they weren't in direct competition.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Can you link to any of this? I literally said earlier in preseason that I'd have had no issue with Lundkvist in the AHL. I thought Jones beat him, even though they weren't in direct competition.

maybe early, but it wasnt really a competition after that.

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I don’t really agree.

He believed himself an NHLer. He was not really a top 6 guy last year. Did he come into camp this year asking out? He obviously has a high opinion of his ceiling but he did exactly what they asked of him. I have no problem having a young guy with enough confidence to know he belongs.

Maybe he felt a top 6 spot is gifted in this organization because well…..it has been. How many goals did Kakko and Alf combined score in top 6 last year? Maybe there is some communication problem here.

Walker literally just refuted this.

"Additionally, Kravtsov believed he should’ve been in the top six when he was first recalled to the Rangers last season. Kravtsov bounced around the lineup throughout the 20 games he played in 2020-21, including a lengthy stretch on the fourth line."

He believed himself a top-sixer, not just an NHLer.

And this was before the Buch trade, so my guess is he's furious because he felt like the deck was cleared for him, until it wasn't.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Walker literally just refuted this.

"Additionally, Kravtsov believed he should’ve been in the top six when he was first recalled to the Rangers last season. Kravtsov bounced around the lineup throughout the 20 games he played in 2020-21, including a lengthy stretch on the fourth line."

He believed himself a top-sixer, not just an NHLer.

And this was before the Buch trade, so my guess is he's furious because he felt like the deck was cleared for him, until it wasn't.

So a reporter asks “ Vitali do you feel you’re more of a top 6 player or a role player for this club” and he answers in his poor English “of course you always want to play big minutes” or whatever. I highly doubt he had some in depth 60 minute all access reveal sit down with reporters from zoom last year with Walker, Brooks, Gretzky, or whoever. I also highly doubt Drury en co were sharing trade secrets with these pinnacles of journalism especially when Gallant himself says he won’t tell the media much. His interview he gave during the intermission against the Islanders he sounded like he was just repeating the 10 phrases he learned a week ago, saying stuff like “it is what it is.” What 21 year old Russian rookie talks naturally like that?
   I really do not take much stock in what is being reported in a fleeting industry. 

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

So a reporter asks “ Vitali do you feel you’re more of a top 6 player or a role player for this club” and he answers in his poor English “of course you always want to play big minutes” or whatever. I highly doubt he had some in depth 60 minute all access reveal sit down with reporters from zoom last year with Walker, Brooks, Gretzky, or whoever. I also highly doubt Drury en co were sharing trade secrets with these pinnacles of journalism especially when Gallant himself says he won’t tell the media much. His interview he gave during the intermission against the Islanders he sounded like he was just repeating the 10 phrases he learned a week ago, saying stuff like “it is what it is.” What 21 year old Russian rookie talks naturally like that?
   I really do not take much stock in what is being reported in a fleeting industry. 

Okay, well this is what we have to go off of, so unless you've got something else, I'm not sure what value there is to be gleaned if we're rejecting the only inside reporting we actually have.

17 minutes ago, josh said:

maybe early, but it wasnt really a competition after that.

No, Lundkvist came into his own. They really weren't in direct competition ever anyway. But I've got buyer's remorse on Nemeth. I think I'd rather have signed any plug vet as a one year safety net.

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

No, Lundkvist came into his own. They really weren't in direct competition ever anyway. But I've got buyer's remorse on Nemeth. I think I'd rather have signed any plug vet as a one year safety net.

I don't have issues with any of the signings. Not even Hajek's 2-way deal.

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

Somewhere in the training camp thread, when it was announced that Jones was being sent down. I got heat from a few for suggesting that Miller and or Lundkvist were out played by Jones and either one should go to Hartford. Draft and prospect status were brought up. "Winning" the job out of camp didn't matter in that thread. Now it does. Not necessarily aimed at you. Partially.  

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

I truly, firmly buy the idea that Nemeth was brought here under the assumption that behind Jones was all question marks right then and Jones was off to Buffalo.

Nemeth is a decidedly average player. Nothing wrong with that, but when he's blocking a dynamo like Jones? Eh.

Just now, The Dude said:

Somewhere in the training camp thread, when it was announced that Jones was being sent down. I got heat from a few for suggesting that Miller and or Lundkvist were out played by Jones and either one should go to Hartford. Draft and prospect status were brought up. "Winning" the job out of camp didn't matter in that thread. Now it does. Not necessarily aimed at you. Partially.  

Jones did not outplay Lundkvist. He may have stood out at times, but Lundkvist might have been the most solid dman during preseason games.

1 minute ago, shestYORKin said:

the more this onion unpeels the worse it all gets.

bottom line tho, Krav doesn’t look like he had the mentality we need and Drury fumbled the value we could’ve salvaged. in some ways this was botched worse than Lias. 

cry me a river. let’s play some hockey tomorrow. 

Can't really blame Drury here. His agent is telling him to refuse reporting and publicized a trade demand. For all we know the conversation they had was "you're not in the shape we need you to be, head to HFD and get yourself back to game shape. We'll see ya in a few weeks." and his agent went over the top. Drury can't control how a player reacts or how the players agent reacts to news.

Just now, G1000 said:

I truly, firmly buy the idea that Nemeth was brought here under the assumption that behind Jones was all question marks right then and Jones was off to Buffalo.

Nemeth is a decidedly average player. Nothing wrong with that, but when he's blocking a dynamo like Jones? Eh.

maybe it was Jones, Kravtsov +

Then the medical records for Eichel were that fucking bad.

Drury "uhh, uhh.. shit"

7 minutes ago, josh said:

I don't have issues with any of the signings. Not even Hajek's 2-way deal.

I don't have an issue with it, per se, I just kinda wish they went with something less long-term. Three years plus trade protection for a guy who looks as slow as he does just feels like too much for such a low-end role.

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

Okay, well this is what we have to go off of, so unless you've got something else, I'm not sure what value there is to be gleaned if we're rejecting the only inside reporting we actually have.

Well, i just dont think there is any inside info to be had out of that article. It just screams of vagueness and hyperboles. Much like we all are doing, just not getting paid for it. 

Maybe he was asked what he sees himself as in the NHL and he says impact player. Maybe he was asked if he pays attention to rumors of his name being mentioned in a trade and he says its impossible to not see sometimes. To me, both of those seem a lot more reasonable that the idea he went up to Drury and said "fuck you play me 1st line" after playing in the A last year and craptastic minutes under Quinn this year then showing up to camp again without a peep until now. 

I just don't get how they could clear cap space and roster space, then allocate money towards other "needs" in preparation for THIS guy to get top line minutes. 

Could have kept Buch,  not signed Goodrow to a 100 year contract, stayed the fuck away from Nemeth and gone with Jones and Hajek, and shopped Kravstov if they knew he was a problem  

But they cleared everything out of the way for him. And do THIS???? 

Any possibility the Russians in the room haven't been getting along? Could that be a hidden issue? Buch and Kravstov gone unceremoniously. We're told to shrug it off.  Am I reaching here?

Just now, The Dude said:

I just don't get how they could clear cap space and roster space, then allocate money towards other "needs" in preparation for THIS guy to get top line minutes. 

Could have kept Buch,  not signed Goodrow to a 100 year contract, stayed the fuck away from Nemeth and gone with Jones and Hajek, and shopped Kravstov if they knew he was a problem  

Any possibility the Russians in the room haven't been getting along? Could that be a hidden issue? Buch and Kravstov gone unceremoniously. We're told to shrug it off.  Am I reaching here?

Anything under the sun is possible except the idea that Kravtsov ever had a shot at making this roster day 1 apparently ?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Panarin purging the room of Putin loyalists is by far my favorite conspiracy theory. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5