• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

50 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Who's comparing him to Lettieri?

I'm looking at...

Josh Norris, 31-30-61 in 56 games
Gabe Vilardi, 9-16-25 in 32 games
Trevor Zegras, 10-11-21 in 17 games
Phil Tomasino, 13-19-32 in 29 games
Arthur Kaliyev, 14-17-31 in 40 games
Cole Perfetti, 9-17-26 in 32 games

These kids dominated the AHL as rookies in the league at 19-20 years old, and there are plenty more since the 2018 draft.  Sorry, but Krav's .38 ppg in the AHL is not impressive.

I dont get how you always defend Hartford, then post this.

2 minutes ago, josh said:

I dont get how you always defend Hartford, then post this.

Oh sorry.

Filip Chytil, 11-20-31 in 46 games.

Not only that, those where Chytil's numbers in 17-18.  Then he played all of 18-19 with the big club.  Then in 19-20 he got sent down again.  Didn't pout, scored 9 points in 9 games and got called back up.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Except he didn't even come close to leading his KHL team, either.

He led his team in goals. Tied with 16. In 12 less games than the 60 they played.  He was 7th in points and realistically would have been in his top 5 had he played the full season.  All while being significantly younger than most in the league. 

Just now, Keirik said:

He led his team in goals. Tied with 16. In 12 less games than the 60 they played.  He was 7th in points and realistically would have been in his top 5 had he played the full season.  All while being significantly younger than most in the league. 

That's great. I know that Ortmeyer mentioned seeing significant progress from him during his KHL stint, but it clearly didn't all translate. Again, based on what's been reported by Carp and Walker, there were aspects of his game the coaching staff still felt he needed to work on, and that the front office wanted him to continue to develop in the AHL — a league he, at least as I can tell, refuses to play in because he feels he's above it. Well, I disagree.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Great, you have some examples of guys that have good AHL numbers? And there are hundreds of guys with awesome AHL numbers that don’t do crap in the NHL. I’m not following the point? That because he didn’t dominate a league that Julien Gauthier scored like Rocket Richard in means he hasn’t shown his worth in the NHL? 

Do you really think he's "shown his worth" in the NHL? He's shown promise. He's shown improvement. But he is a young, developing player. He's no Caulfield or Zegras. What he's shown is a player with potential that has a ways to go. And that puts him on the bubble of a more role-oriented team.

2 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Do you really think he's "shown his worth" in the NHL? He's shown promise. He's shown improvement. But he is a young, developing player. He's no Caulfield or Zegras. What he's shown is a player with potential that has a ways to go. And that puts him on the bubble of a more role-oriented team.

Yes. Even Drury thought so.

Again, no. Drury thought he'd shown his promise. Shown his improvement. Shown enough to not need to participate in the rookie training camp. That faith wasn't rewarded by his performance in actual training camp, or preseason, as evidenced by the fact that Carp and Walker have literally reported this.

If you have evidence that Drury "promised him," a job in the NHL, present it.

9 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Absolutely i do. There is a difference between showing you belong here and showing you dominate the league. Ive never said he's shown to dominate. He's shown to be NHL ready though in my mind and that he can and would contribute here and it's the best place for him. 

1 hour ago, siddious said:

Sounds like were in the "Yea she wasn't even that hot anyway" phase of the break up.

No, we're in the "She was smokin hot and had the voodoo clam, but because she's a total fuckin headcase, she can take a walk. No cooz is worth this."

• LOL 3
  • Applause 2

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

No, we're in the "She was smokin hot and had the voodoo clam, but because she's a total fuckin headcase, she can take a walk. No cooz is worth this."

This may just be the Quote of Year! 

Holy shit, that made me pee a little!!!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy

42 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Absolutely i do. There is a difference between showing you belong here and showing you dominate the league. Ive never said he's shown to dominate. He's shown to be NHL ready though in my mind and that he can and would contribute here and it's the best place for him. 

I won't argue with that. Like I said,, I like Kravtsov a lot. So it leads me to believe that the behavioral stuff is worse than we know. I find it hard to accept a simple reasoning that Drury is stupid and doesn't know what he's doing. Again, you can argue that maybe Krav needed more hand-holding or a softer touch. May all be true. But I find it hard to believe that this situation evolved to the point of massive financial risk without cause. 

• Applause 1

14 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I won't argue with that. Like I said,, I like Kravtsov a lot. So it leads me to believe that the behavioral stuff is worse than we know. I find it hard to accept a simple reasoning that Drury is stupid and doesn't know what he's doing. Again, you can argue that maybe Krav needed more hand-holding or a softer touch. May all be true. But I find it hard to believe that this situation evolved to the point of massive financial risk without cause. 

Always a possibility. I just feel like I see something in Kravy that makes me believe his attitude, albeit cocky, is actually something that raises his ceiling. I think ceiling wise, Kravtsov > Buch so once we removed Buch, Krav should have been here to stay. Even if not given Buch’s minutes, him being with the team slotting in and out of the lineup is better than a demotion to Hartford. The rest would have sorted itself all out in due time. Being around the team with our leaders would have done more to correct any issues than this. This was always going to be the result if it was for waivers/ Gauthier or hunt had better camps. That’s kind of laughable to me.  I’m sure the organization knew that and if they didn’t, we are in worse trouble long term. 

You lose this kid and you’ve lost our best offensive prospect in the organization outside of Kakko and Alf. Maybe Chytil?  Big maybe lol. Plus, if we are 10 or 15 games into the year and Alf and or Kakko are sitting at 1 or 2 goals like last year (or two straight years for kk) then what? Think Hunt or Gauthier are picking up that slack?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Always a possibility. I just feel like I see something in Kravy that makes me believe his attitude, albeit cocky, is actually something that raises his ceiling. I think ceiling wise, Kravtsov > Buch so once we removed Buch, Krav should have been here to stay. Even if not given Buch’s minutes, him being with the team slotting in and out of the lineup is better than a demotion to Hartford. The rest would have sorted itself all out in due time. Being around the team with our leaders would have done more to correct any issues than this. This was always going to be the result if it was for waivers/ Gauthier or hunt had better camps. That’s kind of laughable to me.  I’m sure the organization knew that and if they didn’t, we are in worse trouble long term. 

You lose this kid and you’ve lost our best offensive prospect in the organization outside of Kakko and Alf. Maybe Chytil?  Big maybe lol. Plus, if we are 10 or 15 games into the year and Alf and or Kakko are sitting at 1 or 2 goals like last year (or two straight years for kk) then what? Think Hunt or Gauthier are picking up that slack?  

Any way you size it, losing his value would be a tragedy. And can I just echo the sentiment that it totally sucks to be preoccupied with this on what should be an exhilarating opening day?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The Rangers are fortunate that they got lucky a couple years in a row with the lottery because they wasted a pick on Andersson, and now possibly Kravstov too. If they didn't have Kakko and Lafreniere, they'd be in trouble. I know they'd have Panarin and Zibanejad, but still.

4 top 10 picks, hell, all those first rounders... best we've got is 23 points out of a player.

When Andersson sucked, "At least we have Chytil"

Kakko sucks "At least we have Lafreniere"

then "At least we have Kravtsov!"

Miller sucks "Lundkvist..."

Current status: "Schneider looked great in pre-season!"

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, josh said:

4 top 10 picks, hell, all those first rounders... best we've got is 23 points out of a player.

When Andersson sucked, "At least we have Chytil"

Kakko sucks "At least we have Lafreniere"

then "At least we have Kravtsov!"

Miller sucks "Lundkvist..."

Current status: "Schneider looked great in pre-season!"

I mean.. its still really early though. And when you combine the fact that the last two seasons have been weird as fuck with covid and stuff.

This is what a rebuild looks like. Drafting high is great but you gotta bring these prospects along. It doesnt help that you already have a core of Panarin, Zib, Kreider, Trouba, and ultimately Fox and Lindgren (I am calling these guys vets now) which limits the ice time prospects get.