• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

10 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Its just annoying.

Like, didnt they even talk to the guy? If they communicated and he made it clear he wouldn't go to the AHL they MAY have been able to work out a trade without the world knowing that he didnt make the team and that he is unhappy here. Its just bad asset management, again.

4 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

So agree. I mean didn't anyone in the front office think to raise their hand, and say "Hey remember last time we sent this kid down to the AHL, he freaked out and moved halfway around the world to go play in the AHL version of the KHL, and JD had to go over there and coax him into coming back. Think he will react badly if we don't communicate this properly?" when they were finalizing the opening night roster.

I mean it's not bad asset management.  Bad asset management would be letting a kid that didn't make your team hold you hostage.

Honestly, don't want people like this as part of our organization.

This is a Hockey TEAM.  To win, you need people who are self-less.

This Me Me Me mentality is not good for the team.  

Could this have been handled better?  Probably.

Bottom line, the Rangers control his rights and will ultimately decide what happens to him, and when.   

The way this cry baby is acting, why would the Rangers do anything but what's in their own best interest at this point?  What other options does Krav have?   

I say, if other teams are low-balling, just sit on his rights.  Eventually someone will give us a fair offer for him, and then we'll trade him.

Personally, I hope they send him to Siberia.  Good riddance.

• Like 3

Just now, Long live the King said:

The Kings have Kopitar for 3 more seasons, just signed Danault for 6 years, and have Vilardi already in the NHL.  Then the also have Byfield, Lias, Akil Thomas, Tyler Madden, and Rasmus Kupari.  Doesn't have to be straight up.  Throw in a pick or Skinner/Tarmo.

Yeah Krav +2nd or someone like the one you mentioned is possible.

Im just annoyed right now, I really thought Kravtsov would have a really good season.

The worst part will be watching him turn into a star player in fucking LA.

If Anderson and Kravstov end up on a successful NHL line together I'm going to be pissed lol

Wish Kravy would suck it up and report and earn his way back here. But maybe he see's the writing on the wall. He knows he's not as good as Kakko and won't be in the lineup. If he lingers around too long not making the team/not getting top minutes, that could spell doom for his career. NHL teams seem to really pigeonhole guys like that. Just wish it were kept a bit quiet.

8 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

So agree. I mean didn't anyone in the front office think to raise their hand, and say "Hey remember last time we sent this kid down to the AHL, he freaked out and moved halfway around the world to go play in the AHL version of the KHL, and JD had to go over there and coax him into coming back. Think he will react badly if we don't communicate this properly?" when they were finalizing the opening night roster.

Why are we assuming this conversation wasn't had? More importantly, why is this player having his hand held like this? This is par for the course in the NHL. If you fail to make the team, you are re-assigned, often to the AHL, where you're a call-up away from return. All you have to do is head down, power through, and keep working. This is twice now he's done the opposite. Good riddance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I mean it's not bad asset management.  Bad asset management would be letting a kid that didn't make your team hold you hostage.

Disagree tremendously. I believe this was a short term roster move, but let's assume they wanted him to work on some things down there. Having this discussion and explaining to him what the plan was allows them to have the conversation on whether he is buying into that plan. It allows them to quietly explore a trade before getting egg on their face, and now having to deal him from a position of weakness.

It's horrendous asset management from what I can see. 

3 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

If Anderson and Kravstov end up on a successful NHL line together I'm going to be pissed lol

Wish Kravy would suck it up and report and earn his way back here. But maybe he see's the writing on the wall. He knows he's not as good as Kakko and won't be in the lineup. If he lingers around too long not making the team/not getting top minutes, that could spell doom for his career. NHL teams seem to really pigeonhole guys like that. Just wish it were kept a bit quiet.

I won't.  Cuylle and whatever they get for Krav will be nice compliments to to our star studded top 6.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Why are we assuming this conversation wasn't had? More importantly, why is this player having his hand held like this? This is par for the course in the NHL. If you fail to make the team, you are re-assigned, often to the AHL, where you're a call-up away from return. All you have to do is head down, power through, and keep working. This is twice now he's done the opposite. Good riddance.

Pretty much this. He would most certainly have been the first call-up in case of injury to any of the top 9 forwards, so he was all but guaranteed to get some playing time with the Rangers this year, but obviously couldn't get over not making the initial cut. Although, we don't know what he was promised behind the scenes. 

Hang on....let's spin this another way, just to play Devil's advocate.

What we know:  The Rangers have given him permission to seek a trade.

All this really means is they have given him and his agent permission to talk with other teams.

Maybe the issue is that Krav sees himself as a 1st line forward, maybe even 1st or 2nd line forward.  Right now, like on 10/12/2021.

So maybe, all these discussions were had with the kid and his agent, they told him what he needs to work on in Hartford, told him this was short-term, etc.  

And maybe him and the agent still disagree with the Rangers vision for him.  They are firmly planted in their position.  Drury keeps telling them "Guys, I've checked with every other GM in the league, no one will give up that sort of value for you".  They still insist.

The Rangers say OK, well fine, go talk with other teams if you don't believe me, find out for yourself what their opinion is of you.   If they value you at 1st / 2nd line player value right now, we expect they would trade X for you.  I've talked with every other team in the league, no one will give us X.  If you don't believe me, please go check for yourselves. 

So maybe this is more of a reality check type thing for Krav and his agent, and they may just have cold harsh reality smack them in the face.  The next time they speak with the Rangers, it may very well be with a much different attitude.  Perhaps this is all this is about.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

Honestly, don't want people like this as part of our organization.

This is a Hockey TEAM.  To win, you need people who are self-less.

This Me Me Me mentality is not good for the team.  

Could this have been handled better?  Probably.

Bottom line, the Rangers control his rights and will ultimately decide what happens to him, and when.   

The way this cry baby is acting, why would the Rangers do anything but what's in their own best interest at this point?  What other options does Krav have?   

I say, if other teams are low-balling, just sit on his rights.  Eventually someone will give us a fair offer for him, and then we'll trade him.

Personally, I hope they send him to Siberia.  Good riddance.

Its not in their own best interest to devalue an asset. No matter how selfish or grumpy said asset is.

Have the guy sitting at home doing nothing won't make teams up their offers im afraid.

The situation is basically fucked from the get go. Either they accept a low ball offer or they let him go home to Russia and cry untill Rangers don't own his rights anymore.

4 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

Disagree tremendously. I believe this was a short term roster move, but let's assume they wanted him to work on some things down there. Having this discussion and explaining to him what the plan was allows them to have the conversation on whether he is buying into that plan. It allows them to quietly explore a trade before getting egg on their face, and now having to deal him from a position of weakness.

I mean it's not.  Tampa went through this exact thing with Drouin.

Drouin had 32 points in 70 as a 19 year old.

The after having 8 point in 19 games in 15/16, he was sent down and refused to report.  They didn't trade him he eventually reported and then was back in Tampa and had a good playoff.

The following year he made the team in Tampa and had 53 points in 73 games.

Then they traded him for Sergachev and a 2nd.

They don't have to trade Krav.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Its not in their own best interest to devalue an asset. No matter how selfish or grumpy said asset is.

Have the guy sitting at home doing nothing won't make teams up their offers im afraid.

The situation is basically fucked from the get go. Either they accept a low ball offer or they let him go home to Russia and cry untill Rangers don't own his rights anymore.

Neither will carrying him as a healthy scratch, while he fucking mopes.

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

See my response to LLTK.

It really comes down to communication; this is not Jr. Hockey where it's pretty absolute that players need to "shut-up and play where/we tell you to, because there are 15 other kids that we can plug into your spot". The Rangers made Kravtsov a more important asset by going off the board(like they did with Andersson) and have invested in his development. I really don't see where communicating your plan for the next 6 months with a top asset, is considered "hand holding".

For the record though, I am not excusing Kravtsov's thought process here in any, way shape or form though. These are two completely different ideas. I agree that he should have just shut-up and taken the assignment with much more grace. 

15 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

If it was a short term roster move, why would that not be communicated to Kravtsov? There's a giant hole in your message and that's that if Kravtsov knew he was coming back soon, he wouldn't have reacted this way. It's evident he didn't make the team, doesn't like that, and wants to move away. He burned a bridge in NY asking for a trade, and now we have to deal with the repercussions of that in terms of asset management. But letting a 21-year old kid be on the roster because if not, he'll throw a temper tantrum and demand a trade? That's even worse for the team in the long-run.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

See my response to LLTK.

It really comes down to communication; this is not Jr. Hockey where it's pretty absolute that players need to "shut-up and play where/we tell you to, because there are 15 other kids that we can plug into your spot". The Rangers made Kravtsov a more important asset by going off the board(like they did with Andersson) and have invested in his development. I really don't see where communicating your plan for the next 6 months with a top asset, is considered "hand holding".

For the record though, I am not excusing Kravtsov's thought process here in any, way shape or form though. These are two completely different ideas. I agree that he should have just shut-up and taken the assignment with much more grace.

Again, why are we assuming these conversations weren't had? I find it hard to believe he was just left in the dark and never communicated with. Especially given the fact he's done this twice now.

13 minutes ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

Hang on....let's spin this another way, just to play Devil's advocate.

What we know:  The Rangers have given him permission to seek a trade.

All this really means is they have given him and his agent permission to talk with other teams.

Maybe the issue is that Krav sees himself as a 1st line forward, maybe even 1st or 2nd line forward.  Right now, like on 10/12/2021.

So maybe, all these discussions were had with the kid and his agent, they told him what he needs to work on in Hartford, told him this was short-term, etc.  

And maybe him and the agent still disagree with the Rangers vision for him.  They are firmly planted in their position.  Drury keeps telling them "Guys, I've checked with every other GM in the league, no one will give up that sort of value for you".  They still insist.

The Rangers say OK, well fine, go talk with other teams if you don't believe me, find out for yourself what their opinion is of you.   If they value you at 1st / 2nd line player value right now, we expect they would trade X for you.  I've talked with every other team in the league, no one will give us X.  If you don't believe me, please go check for yourselves. 

So maybe this is more of a reality check type thing for Krav and his agent, and they may just have cold harsh reality smack them in the face.  The next time they speak with the Rangers, it may very well be with a much different attitude.  Perhaps this is all this is about.

I would certainly hope this is correct. But if this were the case, I feel like he'd still report to Hartford

Allowing his agent to seek a trade I'm sure will work out in the end for both sides, not.  The kid has an attitude that deserves him to be shot into the sun but it's pretty remarkable if you go back and look at the preseason predictions here he Kakko and Laf were being counted on to take big next steps.  Man down (or should I say immature kid down) already before the season even started.

Obviously they didn't care for the kid all that much and that's fine although they drove his value into the ground (if they didn't see this coming from him they're blind imo).   But it's holding onto the others over him that makes me shake my head, even if they held onto him only to move him in the near term. 

Edited by jsrangers

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Again, why are we assuming these conversations weren't had? I find it hard to believe he was just left in the dark and never communicated with. Especially given the fact he's done this twice now.

On it's own, I would give management the benefit of the doubt. Considering this is exactly how the Lias Andersson debacle went down; not so sure. I guess theer is only really a half dozen or so people who really know how this happened.