• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Training Camp Thread

LindG1000

2 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Seems like we might get more Lundkvist and/or Schneider tonight. Jones gets to sit which might be a positive sign for him.

Lots of folks saying Lundkvist has been lights years ahead of Jones in terms of complete play.

Not what I've personally thought, but what do I know?

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

Lots of folks saying Lundkvist has been lights years ahead of Jones in terms of complete play.

Who’s said that?

I’ve been high on Lundkvist for a long time, but he’s looked a little «out of it» in the two pre season games so far. Not bad (Not on the ice for a single goal against, although he’s only played in two blowout losses) and he’s got a couple of assists, but I expect more from him. The ice size, speed and strength of NA hockey looks to have caught him a little «off guard», but I think that’s something he’s easily capable of adjusting to. Starting the season in the A with top line and PP1 time would be good for him.

I was not a big Jones fan last year, but he’s looked really good so far in pre season. It’s his spot to lose atm.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Who’s said that?

I’ve been high on Lundkvist for a long time, but he’s looked a little «out of it» in the two pre season games so far. Not bad (Not on the ice for a single goal against, although he’s only played in two blowout losses) and he’s got a couple of assists, but I expect more from him. The ice size, speed and strength of NA hockey looks to have caught him a little «off guard», but I think that’s something he’s easily capable of adjusting to. Starting the season in the A with top line and PP1 time would be good for him.

I was not a big Jones fan last year, but he’s looked really good so far in pre season. It’s his spot to lose atm.

I agree completely, but Rangers Twitter gonna be Rangers Twitter.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

All around play, it is Lundkvist. But Jones has stood out offensively. He has a lot of lapses in his own zone, though (expected from a kid).

Jones has been more of a stand-out guy in pre-season due to his offense and control.

Lundkvist has been in both games the Rangers got destroyed - and I dont think he was on the ice for a goal against.

3 hours ago, josh said:

All around play, it is Lundkvist. But Jones has stood out offensively. He has a lot of lapses in his own zone, though (expected from a kid).

Jones has been more of a stand-out guy in pre-season due to his offense and control.

Lundkvist has been in both games the Rangers got destroyed - and I dont think he was on the ice for a goal against.

I have not noticed Lundkvist at all.

I have noticed jones, but not in a bad way.

At this point I really can't say who's better than who, I just think it's a good organizational decision to send Jones down and keep the Swede here. 

IMO Lundkvist had the best game of any rookie last night. He looked great with the puck but also threw some reverse hits in his own end and played a solid defensive game.

I just don't think it makes any sense to play Jones or Schneider over Lundkvist when they have no pro experience. They should, and I believe they will, go to the minors.

Nemeth also looked solid. I think the D corps this year will be the best we've had in years.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

McKegg also waived with the purpose of sending him to Hartford.

Jones and Lundkvist still in competition for 6D. Hajek and Tinordi for 7D. Barron, Hunt and Gauthier for 13th F.

No surprises there really. Rather Schneider get top line minutes in Hartford than be a 6th d here. Kid has some real potential. 

• Like 1

I'm okay with that top unit remaining the same if it can find the magic it had two seasons ago. Strome was still on the unit then. The biggest issue last season was that Zibanejad wasn't a threat for most of the year. A healthy Zibanejad probably makes that a top 10 PP again.

Agreed re: Trouba but I'm not worried considering either Jones or Lundkvist are more likely to get the job on PP2. I think this coaching staff is already more aware of how they should use Trouba.