• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Training Camp Thread

LindG1000

3 hours ago, Morphinity said:

If you put his fitness on a scale from 0 to 10, he went from 0 to 1. So yes, he's more in shape this year vs. last year! 

There's no question his beard has slimmed down significantly. Can't argue that.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I really thought Nils would benefit from playing in the AHL right now. Jones looked more NHL ready to me by far, including his stint last season, of course.

JOnes plays LD and they needed RD to play with Nemeth, so im sure that played a role

14 minutes ago, siddious said:

I’m surprised they didn’t give Jones ankther look with the last preseason game 

Me too.

Lundkvist is so smooth, though. Jones is still a questionmark in his own zone.

That Hartford D crew though...

1 hour ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Lundkvist wins the spot.

Meh. I don't think that's deserved. If if a RD thing, then Schneider should have made the team, as he's been better IMO. 

My own opinion here is that Lundkvists camp would not be happy about an AHL assignment.

The fact that the Rangers brought in Nemeth (with a NTC!!!) to be his mentor, kinda tells you they were going with Lundkvist no matter what.  Kinda shits on the "gotta win your spot" crap we hear from every coach and GM for years. 

Christ, send Miller down.  He looks like shit after I talked him up all summer as being untouchable.  

I don't see Jones staying down there long. 

• Like 2

the way everyone is bailing on Miller just baffles me tbh. it’s preseason. we’re talking about a 6’5” 21yr old all-rookie team defender who Gallant himself was gushing over just last week as “the total package”. imagine him after a couple years of mentorship with Reaves and 20 extra pounds of muscle. the kid is gonna be just fine. pick another scapegoat. 

2 minutes ago, shestYORKin said:

the way everyone is bailing on Miller just baffles me tbh. it’s preseason. we’re talking about a 6’5” 21yr old all-rookie team defender who Gallant himself was gushing over just last week as “the total package”. imagine him after a couple years of mentorship with Reaves and 20 extra pounds of muscle. the kid is gonna be just fine. pick another scapegoat. 

People aren't bailing on him, and Reaves is meaningless here.

Miller would benefit from going to Hartford and learning to play defense where mistakes don't really matter.

1 minute ago, Long live the King said:

People aren't bailing on him, and Reaves is meaningless here.

Miller would benefit from going to Hartford and learning to play defense where mistakes don't really matter.

Hartford IS bailing on an NHL all rookie team player. especially when the suggestion comes before the 2nd year even starts. 

and how is Reaves meaningless again? are they gonna fly on separate planes or stay at separate hotels? K’Andre still has a lot to learn about being a pro night in and night out. the new team “dad” seems pretty relevant. I think he’s gonna help Miller a ton. 

Trouba should be more of a mentor because he plays defense as well. Miller playing with him should help him and it really hasn't. Reaves provides good leadership and all, I won't deny that. But, he's not going to help him learn and play defense.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Applause 1

5 minutes ago, shestYORKin said:

Hartford IS bailing on an NHL all rookie team player. especially when the suggestion comes before the 2nd year even starts. 

and how is Reaves meaningless again? are they gonna fly on separate planes or stay at separate hotels? K’Andre still has a lot to learn about being a pro night in and night out. the new team “dad” seems pretty relevant. I think he’s gonna help Miller a ton. 

Because Miller needs to learn how to play defense far more that he needs to learn how to "be a pro".

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Trouba should be more of a mentor because he plays defense as well. Miller playing with him should help him and it really hasn't. Reaves provides good leadership and all, I won't deny that. But, he's not going to help him learn and play defense.

Trouba is definitely Miller’s mentor and gets a load of credit for his results last year. I wouldn’t diminish that. 

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Because Miller needs to learn how to play defense far more that he needs to learn how to "be a pro".

I mean, he’s learning a new system. but all the sudden suggesting that he’s clueless as a defender is ignoring the bulk of a pretty awesome rookie season in light of some shitty preseason games.