• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Training Camp Thread

LindG1000

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Kinda puts to bed the notion of Quinn's system being "just skate fast and stop in a place."

This just tells me that no one understood it, in that room or on this forum.

Really? Like I didn't have "they're thinking and not skating" in every post for 3 years.

Quinn demanded Make Mistakes Faster. "Thinking" on the ice is horrible, you need to just play at the NHL level. So when you have a guy yelling at you to do something unnatural, and you have to change how you play, that requires you to "think" on the ice.

• Applause 2

Just now, josh said:

Really? Like I didn't have "they're thinking and not skating" in every post for 3 years.

Quinn demanded Make Mistakes Faster. "Thinking" on the ice is horrible, you need to just play at the NHL level. So when you have a guy yelling at you to do something unnatural, and you have to change how you play, that requires you to "think" on the ice.

You have been Josh. Maybe you’re not as crazy as we all thought after all!

13 minutes ago, josh said:

The bolded and the italic aren't the same. Hire a marketing firm for the branding next time.

3 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Think he did well in the last pre-season game. Seems to have made an impact. Definitely not NHL ready yet but I think this looks like a good pick. I like that he is the type of player who can play up and down the lineup. Hopefully in the 22-23 season he gets another good look

Can’t say I noticed him much. Definitely needs some seasoning there’s a lot to like there. 

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

I know this is somewhat factored by my Rangers bias but it really seems like we’re loaded with player options this year. This team feels deeper than any in recent memory.

Was talking about this earlier offline. If you think about it, the Rangers came into this camp locked in place. The "battles" going on right now are for 13F and 7D. There is no actual competition. That's a direct reflection of that depth.

Most of the players we're most impressed by are guys going back to Junior or to the AHL to cut their teeth while they wait out spots and develop a little more. I can't even remember the last time the team has been in a position even close to this. I guess the 2012-14/15 window? Maybe?

I love the idea of Goodrow-Chytil for the obvious reason of having a quality face-off man on the line to take draws in place of the teams' weakest face-off performer, but also because I think when you build strong tandems, you go really far. Grizzled veteran + up-and-coming skilled player is a tried and true formula. It just works.

• Like 1

If they're really trying to replicate the magic of Tampa's third line, a lot hinges on Chytil's ability to grow his game and be successful. Goodrow is going to be Goodrow, both Kreider and Kravtsov can replicate a game at least somewhat reminiscent of Coleman with speed and power, but having Chytil become a Gourde like center might be a tough ask. I hope that Chytil is able to develop an all situations awareness and a nose for the dirty areas that he's been lacking to make that line as effective as it can be.

57 minutes ago, Phil said:

I love the idea of Goodrow-Chytil for the obvious reason of having a quality face-off man on the line to take draws in place of the teams' weakest face-off performer, but also because I think when you build strong tandems, you go really far. Grizzled veteran + up-and-coming skilled player is a tried and true formula. It just works.

Partially why I wanted Ritchie, as he's a bit more skilled to play with Chytil. but I digress.

I think the best winger for Goodrow-Chytil is Kakko. Kakko plays a more simple, straight forward game, similar to both of those guys. Kravtsov is more of a floater looking for an offensive break - and neither Goodies or Chytis are known for their play making.

• Applause 1

25 minutes ago, josh said:

Partially why I wanted Ritchie, as he's a bit more skilled to play with Chytil. but I digress.

I think the best winger for Goodrow-Chytil is Kakko. Kakko plays a more simple, straight forward game, similar to both of those guys. Kravtsov is more of a floater looking for an offensive break - and neither Goodies or Chytis are known for their play making.

Coined!!!

Joining Yukon and Glue....