• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Training Camp Thread

LindG1000

4 minutes ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Hunt is definitely a better player and should be in the lineup over him, though Hunt is also better than Goodrow and won't be in over him either. 

Not even advanced stats support this notion. I wouldn't get overtly excited over a player in a small sample size on a bad team versus a proven player like Goodrow on a two time Championship team.

9 minutes ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Hunt is definitely a better player and should be in the lineup over him, though Hunt is also better than Goodrow and won't be in over him either. 

Blue bar good. Red bar bad.

17 minutes ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Oh my we are still going to suck.  Let's throw in Gauthier too. He would be a difference maker as well??

12 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Not even advanced stats support this notion. I wouldn't get overtly excited over a player in a small sample size on a bad team versus a proven player like Goodrow on a two time Championship team.

Hunt's advanced stats are very good.  Better than Goodrow's and Reaves weren't terrible until last season, which is likely why he'll be a bad signing as he is clearly on a steep decline.  

It would seem to be that Drury and Gallant are off the mark here with the way things seem to be shaping up? Based on this back and forth which we would all agree is based solely on what appears to be what's happening after the off season and 1 day of camp.

8 minutes ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Hunt's advanced stats are very good.  Better than Goodrow's and Reaves weren't terrible until last season, which is likely why he'll be a bad signing as he is clearly on a steep decline.  

We should sign this guys as our #1.  Off the charts numbers.  Shesty can back him up.

Screenshot-2021-09-24-121216.png

Edited by Long live the King
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

He's about to be 35 years old in a couple months and was already slow.  The thought that he can be an effective hockey player on our 4th line is ludicrous.  This is Brashear all over again.  He said all the right things when he got here too.

He's not a first line player, if you have to replace him with someone else then you do it because its easy. I dont get the fuss over a 4th liner. 

I was kinda surprised Hunt had enough games played to have advanced stats but good for him.  Not a huge fan of of the Goodrow term but to say he's a better player (or his numbers are better indicating he's better??) is a tough one to understand.

Edited by jsrangers

4 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

I was kinda surprised Hunt had enough games played to have advanced stats but good for him.  Not a huge fan of of the Goodrow term but to say he's a better player (or his numbers are better indicating his better??) is a tough one to understand.

Well I think plenty of players are better than Goodrow.  I think he got paid around 3 times his actual value because he was lucky enough to be part of a team that won back to back cups.  

7 minutes ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

This is a stupid comparison.  Hunt has played more than a full season's worth of NHL games.  It's easy to see it's a good pickup, much like Blackwell last offseason.

No, Hunt to Goodrow is a stupid comparison.

Hunt has never played more than 30 games in a season, and 89 career games over 4 years.  He plays 11 minutes per night on shitty teams.

Goodrow has played 331 career games.  On back to back cup teams, 42 playoff games he averaged 17:30 per night.

Edited by Long live the King
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMinutesForNothing said:

Well I think plenty of players are better than Goodrow.  I think he got paid around 3 times his actual value because he was lucky enough to be part of a team that won back to back cups.  

That paid a first-round pick just to acquire him in the first place. Must be because he had such shit value as a player.