• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

On 10/16/2022 at 1:48 PM, jsrangers said:

Boone's use of what's left of the bullpen has been atrocious.  Their defense piss poor, and unless they're hitting HR's they aren't hitting anything for the most part.  If they lose this series it will be an epic disappointment, but will it really be a surprise?  This has been their playoff MO for what seems like a decade plus now. 

Boone himself is atrocious. Cashman as well. Roster mismanagements and regular playoff disappointments these days. 

Hopefully they didn't stay up too late drinking champagne. lol Great win and excellent job by Cortes on short rest. The one thing I will say about this team is that they've showed guts most of the year. Losing game three should not have happened and that was a kick in the teeth, but they came back great from it.

• Believe 2

While only game 1 that game had a familiar stink to it. 17 K's? out pitched and the hitting completely disappears.  If it's not a HR it's nothing. Very scary. The bullpen is going to get exposed more and more vs. higher quality teams as well as Boones dartboard approach to using it and setting the lineup. Would love to eat crow here because I hate the cheatin' mf'ers like no other but I think once again the train comes to a crashing halt against these fucks.  

I'm ready, I'll take the crow anyway they want to serve it, bring it on.

I figured they were going to lose going in, but still, terrible managing by Boone (surprise, surprise). The bullpen is already taxed and short staffed, did not agree with pulling Taillon just yet. This game was basically a microcosm of every Yankees/Astros game. Overall, I never thought Houston was that just much better, they do just enough to win and the Yankees do just enough to lose. They've never really hit in that ballpark anyway, really, in any of the series. You could even through in the regular season as well.

Let's see how it goes, fellas.  Still a long ways to go.  I hear what you guys are saying though, and I don't disagree.  Last night felt like an uphill battle all night!  But as we've seen....shit can happen.  I'm holding out some hope we can get our bats humming!