• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think he'll be back. The Yankees know his value to the franchise and a lot fans would be disenchanted. Hal cares very much about ticket sales and all of that. Judge makes them a lot of money. Usually if they really want someone, they're locked up by Christmas or so. I see something getting ironed out around then or just after the holidays. I wouldn't be shocked if he left, but I'm still expecting him to return.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Bite your tongue.

PAY THE MAN.

I hear ya Sharpy, but I was on board last year when he wanted $36 Million, and the Yanks didn't "do the right thing".  I'm greatly hoping they don't suffer for it, but it is a distinct possibility.

39 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I hear ya Sharpy, but I was on board last year when he wanted $36 Million, and the Yanks didn't "do the right thing".  I'm greatly hoping they don't suffer for it, but it is a distinct possibility.

He's gonna want $40 now.

It's always been about the number of years.  He's 30 for goodness sake.  I'll give him 40 for 5 years.  He wants to get that kind of money for 7-10 years I'm out.  The Yankees need another starter and some contact type 300 hitters.  Something Judge has done once in his career.  

Edited by Bieser

5 hours ago, Bieser said:

It's always been about the number of years.  He's 30 for goodness sake.  I'll give him 40 for 5 years.  He wants to get that kind of money for 7-10 years I'm out.  The Yankees need another starter and some contact type 300 hitters.  Something Judge has done once in his career.  

Isn't Puljos like 42?

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Isn't Puljos like 42?

Yes.  And if you look at his production from 35 yrs old  until now you would not say he's worth Judge type money.  He hit about 15-20 hr's a year and batted .240

That can be had for a lot less. 

4 minutes ago, Bieser said:

Yes.  And if you look at his production from 35 yrs old  until now you would not say he's worth Judge type money.  He hit about 15-20 hr's a year and batted .240

That can be had for a lot less. 

Gotcha. I assumed baseball players had much more longevity. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Gotcha. I assumed baseball players had much more longevity. 

The Designated Hitter role helps prolong their careers a bit more, I think Pete.  Especially for guys like Pujols and most likely Judge, when the time comes.

• TroCheckmark 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...