• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

9 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

They would be 1st in 4 out of 6 divisions. They are 3rd in the AL East. The East is stacked with all teams above .500. The Rays are playing out of their minds.

Yeah for sure, but they're keeping up and climbing out of the early hole they dug themselves. A lot of positives to takeaway from the past few weeks. 

• Like 1

Now Nestor headed to the dark side, and Judge has a toe problem.

Still getting it done.  Nice job by Volpe yesterday to put that game on ice.  And German is really looking good of late.  The 12 to 6 movement on that curve has the Dodgers in knots!

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Nice

I watched the whole thing last night, RMC!  Now I've seen 3 of the 4 Perfecto's.  (Larson's was before my time!)

He was absolutely fabulous!  ...makes me wonder how shitty he was in the 2 games before last night.  He has such good stuff, and last night he just slammed the door on those punks.  He looked like Superman among little leaguers!

Baseball is so weird....probably because the season is so long.  The night before, we couldn't even get a runner on base, and last night, we couldn't miss.  Even Stanton got 2 hits, including one that's still going, I think!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

His curve might have been the best I've seen it. He goes from giving up ten runs his last game to a perfect game. That's baseball for you. A combination of him being dominant and the A's being that dreadful. But still, a perfect game is a perfect game and it takes everyone and a lot of luck. I thought Rizzo made at least one or two plays in the field to help preserve it. Incredible to witness and I've seen the prior two by Yankees pitchers also. With the way this season is going, it will probably be the lone highlight.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

UPDATE: New York baseball sucks.

I swear...I hate this fucking team!  Every night there's a new Jackass.  King with another Mariano-like outing!!!  Woooo Hooo!!!

Is it hockey season yet???

green day GIF by AMAs

Wake me up when September ends!!

Just now, Ozzy said:

I swear...I hate this fucking team!  Every night there's a new Jackass.  King with another Mariano-like outing!!!  Woooo Hooo!!!

Is it hockey season yet???

green day GIF by AMAs

Wake me up when September ends!!

Just not a very good team and a really bad mix of players. It feels like the late 80's/early 90's with this franchise again.

• VINNY! 1

On 10/27/2022 at 8:21 AM, Sharpshooter said:

I can't wait for Cashman to get extended too and we can have several more years of not winning anything.

On 11/4/2022 at 1:09 PM, BrooksBurner said:

On 11/4/2022 at 1:18 PM, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Run it back maybe without Judge... that's definitely a choice.

On 11/4/2022 at 5:19 PM, Sharpshooter said:

This team is doomed. Hal, Cashman and Boone all imbeciles. This team is run by fools. It really just needs to be blown up and their front office needs to get younger.

Nobody here saw this lackluster season coming either!

Psych!

• Bullseye 1

12 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

The team has an owner who has no idea what he's doing. He was born into the position.

Indeed. The sad part is, say they fire Cashman. Great, but I have zero faith in the ownership and the front office to even find a suitable replacement. I can't stand Randy Levine either.

I blame the players too.  We have former MVP's like Donaldson, Stanton, and platinum glover, Rizzo and DJ who are all playing like the back of my nut sack on a hot day.

Sharpy...they just plain outright stink this year.  The most fun I've had so far is watching Gerrit Cole and the kid (Volpe) play.  That's it...

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I blame the players too.  We have former MVP's like Donaldson, Stanton, and platinum glover, Rizzo and DJ who are all playing like the back of my nut sack on a hot day.

Sharpy...they just plain outright stink this year.  The most fun I've had so far is watching Gerrit Cole and the kid (Volpe) play.  That's it...

Yeah, and the perfect game was fun too, so they have that. lol What's concerning is all of those guys you mentioned just look completely washed and a few of them are going to be back next year still.

• VINNY! 1

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, and the perfect game was fun too, so they have that. lol What's concerning is all of those guys you mentioned just look completely washed and a few of them are going to be back next year still.

It's almost time to rip it down to the studs, man.

I'm really getting tired of watching the same thing unfold every game:  Anemic hitting, bad bullpen, terrible base running and shitty defense.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

It's almost time to rip it down to the studs, man.

I'm really getting tired of watching the same thing unfold every game:  Anemic hitting, bad bullpen, terrible base running and shitty defense.

It's been that way since about 2020 or so and it's bottom of the barrel right now. They decided to just run the same crap back this year, except everyone is older. I think the most concerning is Stanton. His power is going, and if he doesn't have that, he's completely useless. He doesn't hit for average, doesn't get on base, doesn't field and is rarely fully healthy. I think he has six or seven more years left on his deal. Disaster.

• Keeps it 100 1

34 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It's been that way since about 2020 or so and it's bottom of the barrel right now. They decided to just run the same crap back this year, except everyone is older. I think the most concerning is Stanton. His power is going, and if he doesn't have that, he's completely useless. He doesn't hit for average, doesn't get on base, doesn't field and is rarely fully healthy. I think he has six or seven more years left on his deal. Disaster.

I can't even watch Stanton anymore.  He's a complete empty shell of what he was even 2 seasons ago.  That deal is a disaster.  They should just find a way to dump him, some of the "dead wood" older players and move forward.

I would be in 100% support of a 3-4 season rebuild at this point.  The team isn't even fun to watch...even with Judge in there. 

Keep some of the starting pitchers (not named "Seve"), who have looked pretty decent, and rebuild in the field. 

4 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Not so sure about a 3-4 year rebuild with Judge in his prime, but I definitely support pulling the chute on this season and re-tooling for next year. 

We actually have a decent starting rotation, which I think is the hardest to "re-build".  I think we gotta pull the chute this season Morph, and start unloading the dead weight.

Stanton, DJ, Donaldson, Seve, and I'd entertain Gleyber being dealt in a sweetener package to unload Stanton.

I'm on the fence with Rizzo, because I know he still has it, but damn dude!!  He's hitting is fucking awful this season!

Rizzo's decline was quite alarming. He looked great early and has just nose dived. No home runs in over 40 games or something like that. At least Donaldson is probably out for the year now and his contract is done at the end of the season. So, that's one that will be gone. 

• VINNY! 1

• 2 weeks later...