• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of catchers I wanted are already off the board, so I'm not surprised. I still see a lot of Yankees fans standing by Sanchez for whatever reason. He sucks. One of the biggest wastes of talent they ever had. Perhaps getting rid of Girardi was the beginning of the end for this guy, because his play under Boone has been pretty bad.

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, josh said:

I’m not a baseball guy but this looks like fucking terrible for the Yankees. Josh Donaldson? Is this the same guy?? or his son, Prince Fielder style prospect? 

if you’re thinking of 36 year old Donaldson, yes thats the guy. From what I’m reading Yankees are making more moves, so who knows what’s going to come out of this trade.

1 hour ago, josh said:

I’m not a baseball guy but this looks like fucking terrible for the Yankees. Josh Donaldson? Is this the same guy?? or his son, Prince Fielder style prospect? 

I think this trade was definitely more about getting Kiner-Falefa to play shortstop. They needed a SS and this guy plays great defense. He's also not useless at the plate or on the basepaths. They didn't want to throw the bank at one of the available options in UFA and I can't blame them (once Seager was off the table). They've got two top SS prospects in the system (Anthony Volpe, Oswald Peraza) so it looks like they are planning on throwing their weight behind those guys in the next couple of years.

Donaldson was likely taken mostly as a favor to the Twins, who probably didn't want to pay the rest of his contract through 2023. He's obviously not worth $22M a season anymore.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

Donaldson is still an absolute beast, it's just a matter of his health. He'll 100% miss time at some point, but if he sits 30-50 games, it's still an upgrade to Urshela, whose bat I think was steadily declining after some surprising success. 

It’s a great trade. Sanchez had to go years ago. 

his batting average alone last four years was kind boggling bad.

His OBP was under .300 two of those years. I don’t care how many of those hits are home runs. You can’t have a team of just that.