• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

It sucks the Yankees will be so shorthanded for this special game, but hopefully they can find a way to gut another one out. The White Sox are tough and it basically took everything they had to take two out of three from the Royals. Also, I'm not thrilled about Heaney starting this game either. I was hoping Cole or someone else would have been ready by then.

Get ready for a wild ride. Oz! Let's go Yankees!

Hell yeah, 02....we've come this far, we might as well bear it the rest of the way!!

It sucks the Yankees will be so shorthanded for this special game, but hopefully they can find a way to gut another one out. The White Sox are tough and it basically took everything they had to take two out of three from the Royals. Also, I'm not thrilled about Heaney starting this game either. I was hoping Cole or someone else would have been ready by then.

We gotta get some of these guys back soon, Sharpy. I don't see us making it without them....especially Rizzo and Cole. These guys stepping up right now are doing a pretty decent job as a stop-gap, but eventually we're going to need our boys like Gio, Sanchez, Chappy and Cole. Throw Rizzo in there too!

So, let's put in Britton who has been terrible and looks absolutely washed and against a team who mashes lefties, instead of one of the best relievers in baseball and who has been money in the closer role this season. Go fuck yourself Aaron Boone and you too Britton for walking the nine hitter after getting ahead 0-2.
  • Like 1

So, let's put in Britton who has been terrible and looks absolutely washed and against a team who mashes lefties, instead of one of the best relievers in baseball and who has been money in the closer role this season. Go fuck yourself Aaron Boone and you too Britton for walking the nine hitter after getting ahead 0-2.

Un-fucking-real!!

...just a total fuck show....wasted a great comeback!!!

Honestly, every Yankee fan should hope they continue this shit show of a season and embarrassment. Cashman and Boone just have to go and the team needs to be torn down and just done right. It’s absolutely insane how they’ve ruined this team.

Honestly, every Yankee fan should hope they continue this shit show of a season and embarrassment. Cashman and Boone just have to go and the team needs to be torn down and just done right. It’s absolutely insane how they’ve ruined this team.

They had a lot of the tools coming into this season, Big K....but there are definitely some things that need fixing. Injuries have absolutely decimated this team, but they haven't helped themselves at all with RISP and some players not being able to pick up the slack. Not to mention their lack of fundamental play including simply running the bases!

DJ and Stanton come to mind right away. Last year DJ batted .384 with RISP, and this year he's been about 100 points below that, and in clutch games too.

Stanton got hot for about 10 days this season, then got hurt and became an automatic strikeout.

The bullpen was supposed to be the main strength of this team, and it has pissed away more games, and solid starting efforts than ever before.

They've been playing pretty well the last 2 weeks, and continue to give us hope with some of the new guys, but when it boils over, we get what happened again last night. A poor decision to put Britton in that situation in my eyes, and it wastes what could have been a momentum building comeback victory in a "showcase game". Now it's nothing more than a bad loss that's most likely going to come back to sting in the end.

There have been WAY too many of those this year. I know you can't win 'em all, but there are games like that where you gotta take the cheese!

Good rebound from the Yankees even though I'm still pissed they lost the Field of Dreams game. They wound up winning the series against Chicago. Manfred said they plan on being back there next season. I'm hoping maybe that becomes MLB's version of the Winter Classics for the NHL. I wouldn't mind a game or two each year at that place. It was still great to be a part of and just really special. I don't really see it losing its luster if it's something they do decide to have at least once a year.

That entrance was just so fantastic.

Why can't they make movies like this any more?

When MLB does something like this, they usually do it 100%. This was no exception, Dunny. It was a great watch, and the game was actually pretty damn entertaining.

Good rebound from the Yankees even though I'm still pissed they lost the Field of Dreams game. They wound up winning the series against Chicago. Manfred said they plan on being back there next season. I'm hoping maybe that becomes MLB's version of the Winter Classics for the NHL. I wouldn't mind a game or two each year at that place. It was still great to be a part of and just really special. I don't really see it losing its luster if it's something they do decide to have at least once a year.

I kept thinking that they were going to blow that lead, Sharpy. They made a nice recovery from the Field of Dreams loss by grabbing these last 2 games. I just hope we get some of our guys back soon! We can really use Gio and especially Rizzo at the corners...Odor has done an admiral job, but watching that hop bounce by him made me miss Gio A LOT!!! LOL

Yeah, they're really making a nice push here. Luis Gil looks like the real deal, I'm excited about him. Now, if only Severino can actually get healthy and get back to what he was. They still have guys coming back, so they'll get some reinforcements. AS we see every year for most teams, bullpens are always tricky and up and down. The bullpen/pitching was excellent yesterday, and a really clutch performance by Loisiaga turning a Houdini to get in and out of trouble. One thing I will say again, after as many hertbreaking games they've had where they've blow the lead, they've seemed to always come back. The fight level is admirable.

Yeah, they're really making a nice push here. Luis Gil looks like the real deal, I'm excited about him. Now, if only Severino can actually get healthy and get back to what he was. They still have guys coming back, so they'll get some reinforcements. AS we see every year for most teams, bullpens are always tricky and up and down. The bullpen/pitching was excellent yesterday, and a really clutch performance by Loisiaga turning a Houdini to get in and out of trouble. One thing I will say again, after as many hertbreaking games they've had where they've blow the lead, they've seemed to always come back. The fight level is admirable.

I've written them off a few times this year, Sharpy and I gotta say....yes, their fight level has been admirable to say the least.

On my count, just from the eye test, I counted 10 games that they could've/should've won. Either the bullpen blew it, or their baserunning...whatever. I know there were more for a fact, but I'm just going on the ones that seemed well in-hand. They seem to be on an emotional ride now with everyone pitching in.

Stanton looks better than I thought in Right field too. I forgot he used to play RF when he was with the Nats! :doh:

We're going to have to find a way to play Luke though...Rizzo should be back this weekend, and that lineup is going to look like a buzz saw; I can see Judge in CF, Stanton in RF and Gallo in LF. Maybe rotate Luke at DH with Rizzo at 1B...I dunno.

They have definitely made it a race again though Sharpy...and I still watch every single game!!!

Fasten your seat belt my man, I think it's gonna be a wild ride the last 40 games!!! :thumbs:

I've written them off a few times this year, Sharpy and I gotta say....yes, their fight level has been admirable to say the least.

On my count, just from the eye test, I counted 10 games that they could've/should've won. Either the bullpen blew it, or their baserunning...whatever. I know there were more for a fact, but I'm just going on the ones that seemed well in-hand. They seem to be on an emotional ride now with everyone pitching in.

Stanton looks better than I thought in Right field too. I forgot he used to play RF when he was with the Nats! :doh:

We're going to have to find a way to play Luke though...Rizzo should be back this weekend, and that lineup is going to look like a buzz saw; I can see Judge in CF, Stanton in RF and Gallo in LF. Maybe rotate Luke at DH with Rizzo at 1B...I dunno.

They have definitely made it a race again though Sharpy...and I still watch every single game!!!

Fasten your seat belt my man, I think it's gonna be a wild ride the last 40 games!!! :thumbs:

I wrote them off for the division a while ago. Seems they still have a chance, though the Rays' schedule is easier. The Rays have a lot of games against the O's left, I believe.

I was thinking the same thing with the OF. They need to do that to keep Voit in the lineup. You can't take him out.

I wrote them off for the division a while ago. Seems they still have a chance, though the Rays' schedule is easier. The Rays have a lot of games against the O's left, I believe.

I was thinking the same thing with the OF. They need to do that to keep Voit in the lineup. You can't take him out.

The Red Sox have a fairly easy schedule as well, RMC. We'll see how it shakes out, but right now I'm digging the emotion on the bench, and the fans seem to be really getting into it a lot more in the stands.

I'm liking Gil and Ridings, even after his last outing. I wanna see more of them down the stretch....

Also helps a ton getting Cole back in the mix. Sharpy's right though, if they can get Severino back to what he used to be, this may be a very strange way of pulling this all together in time for a run if they make the playoffs.

A huge performance by Heaney last night after two bad starts. As much as I like Gleyber, despite his offensive disappointments, Velasquez has done a super job. He was amazing this series and that game-ending play he made yesterday was icing on the cake. You can absolutely feel everything coming together for this team. I still think winning the division really isn't likely, but I have confidence they can lock down the Wild Card. We shall see. The lineup looks a lot better too, and I don't mean just health wise. Everyone seems to be putting in more quality at bats and seeing more pitches, which is also a good sign.