• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

I expect them being 2 games back of Oakland to go for it and try to make the playoffs. I'm glad they're not giving up the "can't miss" guys in the farm, but they're still giving up some pretty solid future major leaguers.

Their opening day roster looks like a shell of itself at this point, and I simply don't think they have what it takes to win in the playoffs....but it's the Yankees....so they're gonna go for it.

I haven't really seen a lot of Gallo this season.....maybe he can help, but the Yankees issues are fundamental play issues. They run the bases like a pee wee team, and can't manufacture runs, or hit productively with runners in scoring position. Can Gallo can make up for all that, I'm not sure.

I simply don't think this is going to be the Yankees year.

Yeah, same. Will Gallo help? Sure, but the exact same problems are going to persist. Although, it would be nice if the bullpen starts pitching well again. They could use another starter and maybe another bullpen arm, on top of Trevor Story, more than anything. But, I don't think they're done.

Yeah, same. Will Gallo help? Sure, but the exact same problems are going to persist. Although, it would be nice if the bullpen starts pitching well again. They could use another starter and maybe another bullpen arm, on top of Trevor Story, more than anything. But, I don't think they're done.

Nah, you're right Sharpy...They're not done, but I just really don't see it in them this year. The "magic" just doesn't seem to be flowing our way and our greatest strength, the bullpen has pissed away 12 games this year...that I've counted.

Gimme half of those wins back and we're right where we need to be.

I'm not even going to get into the bad baserunning or sacrifice situations where we've stranded small cities on the base paths! :rofl:

Nah, you're right Sharpy...They're not done, but I just really don't see it in them this year. The "magic" just doesn't seem to be flowing our way and our greatest strength, the bullpen has pissed away 12 games this year...that I've counted.

Gimme half of those wins back and we're right where we need to be.

I'm not even going to get into the bad baserunning or sacrifice situations where we've stranded small cities on the base paths! :rofl:

Yeah, even these last two games against Tampa. It's nice to beat them down there, but one or two hits here and there can give them some more breathing room instead of having to sweat everything out. The bullpen can't be great all the time and most games there hasn't really been any margin for error either. So, every blown game is big because a high percentage of them are close due to their dreadful hitting with runners in scoring position.

Even though this year probably isn't it, I'd still like them to get Story if they can because that actually fills a need.

Yeah, even these last two games against Tampa. It's nice to beat them down there, but one or two hits here and there can give them some more breathing room instead of having to sweat everything out. The bullpen can't be great all the time and most games there hasn't really been any margin for error either. So, every blown game is big because a high percentage of them are close due to their dreadful hitting with runners in scoring position.

Even though this year probably isn't it, I'd still like them to get Story if they can because that actually fills a need.

Yes, 100%!! :thumbs:

Yankees: Filled with low average hr or k hitters

Cashman: Gets another low avg power hitter in Gallo

They're really hitting peak efficiency today!! :rofl:

14-0!! Fucking joke!!

Maybe if we had a better pass defense...oh wait!! LOL

So after a long road trip, the first game back is a dud.....seems the same in hockey.

The most exciting part of last night's game was when the cat got on the field.

For those who didn't see it...it's totally worth a look:

I loved the 'MVP' chants for the cat. That was the only entertainment that game provided. It continues to be two steps forward, one step back, one step forward, two steps back for this team as it has been all year. I saw Urshela is going on the IL with hamstring issues and Cole is going to miss his next start after testing positive for COVID. Hooray.

I loved the 'MVP' chants for the cat. That was the only entertainment that game provided. It continues to be two steps forward, one step back, one step forward, two steps back for this team as it has been all year. I saw Urshela is going on the IL with hamstring issues and Cole is going to miss his next start after testing positive for COVID. Hooray.

...and the "hits" just keep a coming. Good lord...this team should be run by Eddie Mush from the Bronx Tale!

How about the 2 new pitchers last night???

Fucking Gil looked like Guidry out there!!! LOL ..and that Ridings kid has stuff mean shit!!! WOWZA!!!

Where the fuck have they been hiding these guys?

Same again today, too bad the offense couldn't muster a piece of paper and Judge looked like Beltran on the final pitch of the day.

You can't win 'em all, but this one's gonna hurt, especially with Rizzo out.