• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

I'm there with you, even before last night. That was a new low. Boone was better off just leaving Johnny Lasagna in there instead of bringing in Chapman with a four run lead. Chapman has from having a 0.00 ERA to an ERA of almost 4.00 in about three weeks. lol I don't expect anything to happen during the season, but in the offseason, shit needs to go down.

I stayed up through both rain delays and past 1am just to watch Chappy fuck that game away.

They're so disappointing this season.

Somebody compared Chapman to Armando Benitez. I'll go a little bit further than that: he pulled a Tom Glavine in the ninth.

Any time they show signs of getting some big momentum, something always happens to screw it up. It was a big game with Ohtani, they knock him out in the first inning and then the bullpen implodes. What also seems to be happening is that as the offense is getting better, the pitching has now taken a step back. German came up small getting spotted that big lead after already giving up two in the first.

It's just a shitty season they're having. They have all the talent in the world, but the planets just aren't lining up this year. Nothing is going right, and then when it does, another shoe drops.

Fuck it! I'm gonna ride it out as just a down year, and hopefully they can make a late run at it, but I'm not expecting anything from this group this season. Basically it's just to keep me busy until football/Hockey season starts up again.

...speaking of which, are there any Vegas Raiders fans up here??? Just wondering if I'm the only crazy ass that follows them! LOL

If you told me going into the year the Yankees would have a healthy and productive Judge, a healthy and productive Stanton and Sanchez wasn't an issue, I'd have a hard time believing they'd just be two games over .500.

Their base running, and overall fundamental play is absolutely hideous.

Someone made a comment during the presser after the win against the Angels...I think it was Boone. He said something to the effect of, "When this team hits...they're exciting!". I was like, "seriously???"

When any team hits, they're fun to watch!!

This team to me, has very little personality....and it shows! There's no fire, there's no owning up to their mistakes, or them striking out repeatedly in big situations....and now the bullpen is shitting the bed!

Let's see if they can put it together and make a run in July, Sharpy...otherwise I think we're gonna be watching this one from the sidelines come the playoffs.

So, they said German wasn't starting because of an emergency root canal. They start the game with Nelson (barf) only to bring in Cessa who they should've just started with in the first place. Then, not even halfway through the game, they bring German in to pitch three innings. LOL That was so bizarre. Maybe all Yankees pitchers should get root canals.

So, they said German wasn't starting because of an emergency root canal. They start the game with Nelson (barf) only to bring in Cessa who they should've just started with in the first place. Then, not even halfway through the game, they bring German in to pitch three innings. LOL That was so bizarre. Maybe all Yankees pitchers should get root canals.

:rofl:

I know, right....I stayed up for the whole game. I'm glad they held on. Good close for Chad.

Yankees blew a 5 run lead in the 9th to lose today. SMH.

That's the 5th game they fucked away in the last inning this year!! I'm so pissed at this team right now, it's off the charts!

...what a disappointment they've been so far. It's my fault, I believed all the bullshit about how they were the faves to win the World Series, and how great all these guys were...

Bullshit...they've been an absolute mess in too many areas.

How many times this year have they built some huge momentum only to take it on the chin the next game? That's two games in two weeks where they've blown a four run lead in the ninth inning. That Cole start looked like it could have been a watershed moment for him and the team, then they have a total meltdown. It's still nice to win a series against them in their place, but still. How they lose leaves you feeling demoralized.

How many times this year have they built some huge momentum only to take it on the chin the next game? That's two games in two weeks where they've blown a four run lead in the ninth inning. That Cole start looked like it could have been a watershed moment for him and the team, then they have a total meltdown. It's still nice to win a series against them in their place, but still. How they lose leaves you feeling demoralized.

I'm starting to feel like they're going to unload some players at the deadline, Sharpy. This isn't going to be their year.

The injuries to Hicks, Kluber and Severino really put them behind the 8 ball....and Gardner is proving that last season should have been his last!

German, and the rest of those makeshift turds aren't cutting the mustard. I feel bad for Taillon though; he's actually improved a bit and he pitched a good game yesterday. He deserved the win, but got a shit-sandwich for his efforts.

Kluber won't be back until September, best case scenario, but that's not going to make any damn difference by then. lol They have an outside shot at the second Wild Card, so I could totally see them not selling at all, and actually adding because of the injuries. But, they really just need to dump. German started off well but has really been bad almost every time he's taken the mound for a couple of months now. I want the attendance to keep dropping so maybe Hal can finally wake the hell up and see this team needs to clean house. As long as they're somewhat competitive and drawing crowds, he doesn't give a shit. If you spend money on this team, you're a fool. What sucks is Judge and Stanton have been productive and healthy as as Sanchez and they aren't sniffing the playoffs. I don't know if I'd believe you if you told me that before the season started. It's been a very odd year.

Kluber won't be back until September, best case scenario, but that's not going to make any damn difference by then. lol They have an outside shot at the second Wild Card, so I could totally see them not selling at all, and actually adding because of the injuries. But, they really just need to dump. German started off well but has really been bad almost every time he's taken the mound for a couple of months now. I want the attendance to keep dropping so maybe Hal can finally wake the hell up and see this team needs to clean house. As long as they're somewhat competitive and drawing crowds, he doesn't give a shit. If you spend money on this team, you're a fool. What sucks is Judge and Stanton have been productive and healthy as as Sanchez and they aren't sniffing the playoffs. I don't know if I'd believe you if you told me that before the season started. It's been a very odd year.

They've really misfired on different aspects of the games at the worst times. Baserunning, the bullpen now, and starting pitching....just things that were "givens" in the pre-season.

I hope they can find a place to get Stanton off the payroll. Maybe deal him when he gets hot again...Judge needs to stay, and I think he will, but I can see them cleaning house a little bit if they start going in the tank.

I also just think Cashman had a really bad offseason. Kluber was a good move before he got hurt, so can't fault him there. While Taillon has been better, there were much better options out there to sign. Look no further then across town with the Mets and Tijuan Walker. They also should have signed either Schwarber or Brantley, but they chose to stick with Clint. Oops. Bringing Gardner back was just a really dumb decision. You can't foresee things like Hicks (although signing him for seven years is terrible) and Severino, but there were definitely some questionable personnel decisions otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sharpy, how nice is it to see them Bunt, steal, hit and run and play small ball again???

...and oh my!!!! They won...what a surprise!!! The Allen kid we got from Cleveland is a pisser to root for!!

Bullpen is still looking shaky though;

Chad Green walked them loaded before he pulled a rabbit out of his ass, Britton turns a small miracle double play before the Phills would've scored more....and Chapman is slowly trying to regain his swag. He still gave up a moon shot to McCutchen!!

I had to duck in my living room!! That fucking ball almost landed in my lap!!! :rofl:

This is like #NextManUp the sequel! Winning playing baseball how you should and with good fundamentals. Who would have thought? They've actually been fun to watch this past week. Green is reliable, but I'm a bit worried about Britton, but he's been hurt and hardly pitched so it's understandable. Chapman went from literally unhittable to becoming a human batting tee. I don't know what they're going to do tonight for a starter, perhaps a bullpen game like the Phillies are doing? That could be interesting. It's too bad Cortes and Loaisiga aren't available.

This is like #NextManUp the sequel! Winning playing baseball how you should and with good fundamentals. Who would have thought? They've actually been fun to watch this past week. Green is reliable, but I'm a bit worried about Britton, but he's been hurt and hardly pitched so it's understandable. Chapman went from literally unhittable to becoming a human batting tee. I don't know what they're going to do tonight for a starter, perhaps a bullpen game like the Phillies are doing? That could be interesting. It's too bad Cortes and Loaisiga aren't available.

I think Cortes is their most reliable pitcher right now, not named "Cole". Tonight is going to be a shit show...I can feel it already!! LOL