• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Draft Day Deals — Let's Hear 'Em

jsm7302

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, if I don't see 1st round or 2 2nd rounders going our way then I don't pay attention, I rather just keep him for now than hook up some team with a good goalie.

Then you’re advocating a Lundqvist buyout, or assuming he retires?

Both are pretty big assumptions to make at this point. And there’s no real evidence to support either of those positions. Only speculation and wishful thinking.

At least with Georgiev we have a point to speculate on as we know they’ve shopped him

Then you’re advocating a Lundqvist buyout, or assuming he retires?

Both are pretty big assumptions to make at this point. And there’s no real evidence to support either of those positions. Only speculation and wishful thinking.

At least with Georgiev we have a point to speculate on as we know they’ve shopped him

I demand that he retires and goes play with his twin in Sweden, most Rangers fans should too.

I demand that he retires and goes play with his twin in Sweden, most Rangers fans should too.

Your demands mean nothing and he has a contract and it appears right now that they don’t want the bad optics and PR that would result from buying out a franchise icon, regardless of any other factors.

Gorton and JD can demand that too... and it still wouldn’t mean dick.

Your demands mean nothing and he has a contract and it appears right now that they don’t want the bad optics and PR that would result from buying out a franchise icon, regardless of any other factors.

Gorton and JD can demand that too... and it still wouldn’t mean dick.

then Rangers will not retire his number, they have a right not to.

then Rangers will not retire his number, they have a right not to.

This isn't going to happen. So we can move on from this hypothetical.

His stats have him around 20th among free agent goalies this summer.

This is a vague statement I've seen you make twice now so I decided to look into it. A cursory glance at Caprfriendly says that's unture, but why don't we take a deep dive?

Looking at the UFA goalies, I've narrowed down the starters and fringe starters. They are as follows (ages included): Aaron Dell (31), Anton Khudobin (34), Braden Holtby (30), Brian Elliott (35), Cam Talbot (32), Corey Crawford (35), Craig Anderson (39), Jacob Markstrom (30), Jimmy Howard (36), Mike Smith (38), Robin Lehner (28), Ryan Miller (39), and Thomas Greiss (34). Anderson, Miller and Smith all at 38+ are unlikely to be starters anywhere they go but I'll include them just because. I've also included Matt Murray (26), an RFA, who is likely Georgiev's only competition on the trade market.

You were vague as to what those "stats" are so I've decided to pick them. I looked at SV%, GSAA (Goals Saved Against Average), and HDSV% (High Danger Save Percentage) over the last three seasons and just this season alone.

Let's look at the cumulative stats over the last three seasons:

3Yr.png

Georgiev ranks 6th in SV%, 6th in GSAA, and 3rd in HDSV%. There are only 15 total goaltenders included in the data and Georgiev is nowhere near the back.

Let's look at just this season alone then:

1-Yr.png

Georgiev ranks 7th in SV%, 7th in GSAA, and 5th in HDSV%. Yet again nowhere near the back.

If anything, Georgiev compares quite favorably to his UFA competition especially when you account for him being the youngest, 24, and the only option with RFA years remaining.

So "20th among free agent goalies this summer" is just nowhere near being right. It's fiction.

• Like 2