• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Draft Day Deals — Let's Hear 'Em

jsm7302

they want a good return like a 1st rounder and other teams are not yet willing to do that, that will change soon enough and when Wall or Huska are pushing for the backup and Shesterkin established himself as #1 goalie then they will trade him. For now their focus has to be to convince our 3rd goalie to retire from NHL. That will be the best for everybody the Rangers, the Cap, the Rangers fans, the Rangers owners, the Rangers coaches, the Rangers goalies, Frolunda, SHL, SHL/Frolunda Fans, Lundqvist, Lundqvist's family and his twin, our RFAs, etc.

There’s no 1st round pick to be had for him, or really any other backup dude

It isn’t available

We tried it with Talbot just a few years back. And Talbot has proven himself way more as a starter when Hank was hurt.

They got 2 2’s

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they want a good return like a 1st rounder and other teams are not yet willing to do that, that will change soon enough and when Wall or Huska are pushing for the backup and Shesterkin established himself as #1 goalie then they will trade him. For now their focus has to be to convince our 3rd goalie to retire from NHL. That will be the best for everybody the Rangers, the Cap, the Rangers fans, the Rangers owners, the Rangers coaches, the Rangers goalies, Frolunda, SHL, SHL/Frolunda Fans, Lundqvist, Lundqvist's family and his twin, our RFAs, etc.

How do you know whats best for Hank and his family? Lol.

He wants to finish his contract (for obvious reasons) and he still think he has something left in him and that he is good enough to play in the NHL.

I guess you?re going to talk about this for many months, but I can guarantee you that he will not retire. Just let it be, get used to seing Hank as the backup for a season and come back in 2021 when he?s gone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

How do you know whats best for Hank and his family? Lol.

He wants to finish his contract (for obvious reasons) and he still think he has something left in him and that he is good enough to play in the NHL.

I guess you’re going to talk about this for many months, but I can guarantee you that he will not retire. Just let it be, get used to seing Hank as the backup for a season and come back in 2021 when he’s gone :)

Pretty sure he wants to be in Sweden during COVID issues and there is way less games and travel there. Your guarantee is worthless.

There’s no 1st round pick to be had for him, or really any other backup dude

It isn’t available

We tried it with Talbot just a few years back. And Talbot has proven himself way more as a starter when Hank was hurt.

They got 2 2’s

Talbot was 28 that summer and going into the last year of his contract before hitting UFA status. His numbers were obviously better, but also on Cup contender teams. Not a good comparison.

Talbot was 28 that summer and going into the last year of his contract before hitting UFA status. His numbers were obviously better, but also on Cup contender teams. Not a good comparison.

thank you

Fair enough and perhaps not.

But when was the last time a backup goalie fetched a 1st as a return?

His value isn’t likely to rise much on the bench behind Igor the next couple of years. Even a bad GM knows he’s only established as a backup. The scouts are going to say what most fans say- nice backup, could be a starter, but who knows. And if he is a starter, nothing says high-end goalie.

How much do you think they’ll surrender for that?

A 1st would be fleecing a team.

Fair enough and perhaps not.

But when was the last time a backup goalie fetched a 1st as a return?

His value isn’t likely to rise much on the bench behind Igor the next couple of years. Even a bad GM knows he’s only established as a backup. The scouts are going to say what most fans say- nice backup, could be a starter, but who knows. And if he is a starter, nothing says high-end goalie.

How much do you think they’ll surrender for that?

A 1st would be fleecing a team.

so Toronto paid mid 1st round pick to dump Marleau's final year. At that going rate what would it take to have Orpik's final year taken off your hands, have that year bought out by the other team just so you could re-sign Orpik for cheap? I would say at least a mid 1st rounder? if you agree then Capitals traded Grubauer for mid 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder.

Talbot by most accounts Rangers had a better deal on the table and it was pulled because the other team changed their mind.

Boston traded Jones for mid 1st rounder + prospect (who is still playing for them)

Varlamov was traded for what ended up 11th overall + 2nd rounder

I do not feel like we are fleecing anybody for getting fair value in return for Georgiev. We got fleeced a bit on the Talbot trade.

so Toronto paid mid 1st round pick to dump Marleau's final year. At that going rate what would it take to have Orpik's final year taken off your hands, have that year bought out by the other team just so you could re-sign Orpik for cheap? I would say at least a mid 1st rounder? if you agree then Capitals traded Grubauer for mid 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder.

Talbot by most accounts Rangers had a better deal on the table and it was pulled because the other team changed their mind.

Boston traded Jones for mid 1st rounder + prospect (who is still playing for them)

Varlamov was traded for what ended up 11th overall + 2nd rounder

I do not feel like we are fleecing anybody for getting fair value in return for Georgiev. We got fleeced a bit on the Talbot trade.

Grubauer was part of a salary dump and the return was only a 2nd.

Varlamov had 1st round pedigree attached to him. Georgiev does not. Colorado made that trade because they legitimately thought that Varlamov would be their goalie if the future- in large part due to him having been a 1st round pick.

And the Jones deal was essentially a 3-team trade that had been in the works for a while IIRC.

Just saying it’s hard to expect that return.

Grubauer was part of a salary dump and the return was only a 2nd.

Varlamov had 1st round pedigree attached to him. Georgiev does not. Colorado made that trade because they legitimately thought that Varlamov would be their goalie if the future- in large part due to him having been a 1st round pick.

And the Jones deal was essentially a 3-team trade that had been in the works for a while IIRC.

Just saying it’s hard to expect that return.

What is the point arguing this? You want a low return instead of a fair one? You have a guilty conscience of receiving 1st rounder for a player we signed as a free agent?

What is the point arguing this? You want a low return instead of a fair one? You have a guilty conscience of receiving 1st rounder for a player we signed as a free agent?

A fair return for him, at this stage in his career, based on his production, ability, and potential, is probably in the neighborhood of a 2nd rounder, plus maybe a B prospect. Or maybe just one or the other.

If they get a 1st for him, I’d be thrilled. Don’t think they will.

I’m just not expecting it. It’s not a reasonable expectation to hold.

Realistically to get that 1st, a team would have to think he’s their starter moving forward.

Hard to hold that belief with him based on several factors.

A fair return for him, at this stage in his career, based on his production, ability, and potential, is probably in the neighborhood of a 2nd rounder, plus maybe a B prospect. Or maybe just one or the other.

If they get a 1st for him, I’d be thrilled. Don’t think they will.

I’m just not expecting it. It’s not a reasonable expectation to hold.

Realistically to get that 1st, a team would have to think he’s their starter moving forward.

Hard to hold that belief with him based on several factors.

What about Georgiev makes you think that he cannot be a starter?

For the record, I’d like to see Hank retire too, and I’d like for them to get an exchange in abundance type return on Georgiev.

I’m just not postulating it because it’s unrealistic at this point

For the record, I’d like to see Hank retire too, and I’d like for them to get an exchange in abundance type return on Georgiev.

I’m just not postulating it because it’s unrealistic at this point

Lundqvist retiring is not realistic? Georgiev it doesn't even matter, because it would be stupid to trade him now when we can re-sign him for fairly cheap. Probably around 2 mil. And use him as a backup or a starter if something happens to Shesterkin.

Lundqvist retiring is not realistic? Georgiev it doesn't even matter, because it would be stupid to trade him now when we can re-sign him for fairly cheap. Probably around 2 mil. And use him as a backup or a starter if something happens to Shesterkin.

No. It’s not realistic to have that expectation based on existing information. Comments he himself has made.

He’s made it abundantly clear that he wants to be in NY, he still wants to play, still feels he can contribute and compete at a high level. Wants to be a part of this.

And he has a year left on his deal with a full NMC. They just paid him a $1 million bonus. He’s owed $4.5 million in salary.

Would you walk away from the game you love, in a place you love, from an organization you love, plus that amount of money? Especially when you feel you still have something in the tank.

If they’re unwilling to buy him out, they’re stuck with him. I’ll acknowledge they could do that. But they have to be reluctant to do that to him. It’s a business, so they might. But it’s surely a tough call for them and any reluctance is understandable.

And it’s not as though his play has said he’s done.

And they can’t carry 3 goalies. Not by choice. Not going into a season. Not for a full season.

And $2 million on Georgiev would be an overpayment at this point.

$1.25-1.5 is the ideal range.

No. It’s not realistic to have that expectation based on existing information. Comments he himself has made.

He’s made it abundantly clear that he wants to be in NY, he still wants to play, still feels he can contribute and compete at a high level. Wants to be a part of this.

And he has a year left on his deal with a full NMC. They just paid him a $1 million bonus. He’s owed $4.5 million in salary.

Would you walk away from the game you love, in a place you love, from an organization you love, plus that amount of money? Especially when you feel you still have something in the tank.

If they’re unwilling to buy him out, they’re stuck with him. I’ll acknowledge they could do that. But they have to be reluctant to do that to him. It’s a business, so they might. But it’s surely a tough call for them and any reluctance is understandable.

And they can’t carry 3 goalies. Not by choice. Not going into a season. Not for a full season.

I could be wrong but I think it's 5.5 million he would be owed. Regardless, realistically what's 1 million anyway? Realistically walking away from 4.5 already, another 1 million is chump change realistically. Realistically millions of dollars doesn't matter.

Pretty sure he wants to be in Sweden during COVID issues and there is way less games and travel there. Your guarantee is worthless.

He?s lived in new York for 15 years now. Im pretty sure thats his home. Or have you talked to him and he told you wanted to be in Sweden?

Less games and travel? Again, did he tell you thats what he wanted? He?s played NHL hockey for 15 years, I think he?s used to the numbers of games and the travelling.

please provide links to those comments he made in the last 30 days.

He is not walking away from 4.5 the buyout amount is 3 mil and he would likely get at least 2.5 to play in Sweden. So he is walking way from 0 to 500K and the benefits are huge, less travel, less taxes, fewer games, playing with his brother, etc. It is a perfect full circle to his career.

2 mil for Georgiev was me being conservative but also depends on how many years is his new contract.

And yes, if they want to they can carry 3 goalies.

He’s lived in new York for 15 years now. Im pretty sure thats his home. Or have you talked to him and he told you wanted to be in Sweden?

Less games and travel? Again, did he tell you thats what he wanted? He’s played NHL hockey for 15 years, I think he’s used to the numbers of games and the travelling.

he lives in NY when there is hockey, when no hockey he lives in Sweden, if you are such a big Lundqvist fan, you should have known that.

please provide links to those comments he made in the last 30 days.

He is not walking away from 4.5 the buyout amount is 3 mil and he would likely get at least 2.5 to play in Sweden. So he is walking way from 0 to 500K and the benefits are huge, less travel, less taxes, fewer games, playing with his brother, etc. It is a perfect full circle to his career.

2 mil for Georgiev was me being conservative but also depends on how many years is his new contract.

And yes, if they want to they can carry 3 goalies.

JD already said they're not carrying 3 goalies.

he lives in NY when there is hockey, when no hockey he lives in Sweden, if you are such a big Lundqvist fan, you should have known that.

He usually goes back to Sweden for a month during the off season. I'm not sure if you can call that living there.