• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

McKenzie: AV Has Been Fired

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When did this happen? And what was said ?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

“I believe that we’re a goaltender getting on a roll here to being back in the hunt and back into the playoffs,” Vigneault said. “We started our season 4-7-2, and we were a little inconsistent in the goaltending department. I felt we were playing better than our record indicated. Goaltending got better, we went on a (18-7-3) run. Came back from the bye week and since that time, we’ve been on a (3-10) run. A little inconsistent in the goaltending department. I believe that we’re playing better than our record indicates, and I really believe that Hank and Pav can get on a roll and we can get back in the hunt and we can get back in the playoffs

http://http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/02/13/alain-vigneault-criticism-henrik-lundqvist/

When Torts was fired, I was overjoyed. Not because of his personality disorder and pressers but because I hated watching his game, which was basically playing like you're shorthanded all the time, don't challenge for the puck so long as it is on the perimeter and have everyone block shots and get injured. This is a totally different emotion. Just sad, even though I agree with the decision. I think his defiant speech probably hastening the dismissal by a couple of days. As for the speech, I will admit that I am a bit haunted by his observation that the Canucks are on their third coach with no results in the five years since he was fired.

When Torts was fired, I was overjoyed. Not because of his personality disorder and pressers but because I hated watching his game, which was basically playing like you're shorthanded all the time, don't challenge for the puck so long as it is on the perimeter and have everyone block shots and get injured. This is a totally different emotion. Just sad, even though I agree with the decision. I think his defiant speech probably hastening the dismissal by a couple of days. As for the speech, I will admit that I am a bit haunted by his observation that the Canucks are on their third coach with no results in the five years since he was fired.

Because they made the wrong hires, and made a slew of bad decisions. Firing AV wasn't among them.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Truly the ending of an era and the turning of a page. Hank awkwardly holding out and refusing to see the writing on the wall is the last true piece of that Rangers core that created the winning culture on this team. Next season will definitely have a new, uneasy but exciting feel to it.

I?m only surprised that it happened so soon. We had a good run with him right out of the gate but in the end, he never truly evolved as a coach and ended up repeating his mistakes with the NYR. It?s never fun when someone loses a job but that?s what happens in the sports business.

Vacuum the Red Carpet boys and get ready to usher in the next leader on 7th Ave!

Good. He seemingly hung himself with those bizarre post-game comments, but this needed to happen regardless.

Bring me Sheldon Keefe.

The Brooks list didn't exactly leave me giddy with possibility. I'm always wary about throwing somebody from a lower level into the MSG pressure cooker. There is an NHL learning curve. But Keefe is pretty interesting. Bought his own junior team to get started. Success at each level. AHL is better than college and worked under the glare in Toronto.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sheldon Keefe excites me. Seems like exactly the type of appointment we should be looking at.

Young, ambitious, with fresh and modern ideas and obviously able to work with and relate to young players. Of course it’s a risk, but the last thing we need is a safe pair of hands. Why go through the painful process of a rebuild only to hand the reigns to one of the old boys who’ll come in, go through the motions and do the same shite they’ve been doing the last 25 years? Fuck that.

I’m aware heads are on the line with this appointment, but to be fair Gorton’s head is on the block with this rebuild and we might as well do it properly.

AV was a good coach for us, but in how many games, over how many years, did we see the Rangers get pinned in the D Zone for minutes at a time, only to be rescued by the goaltender, or not be rescued and surrender goals? His lack of flexibility with players and refusal to play tough was definitely his undoing. I wish him well in wherever he lands, one of the games gentlemen, but a change was definitely needed.

While Im glad he is gone, I also worry about who they bring in. This is going to be an interesting summer for the team, hopefully they make the right choices. Gorton is now under the microscope to make this team better, or else he will need to go next. Im still on the fence with him as well.

This is the right decision, but we are going to miss this guy. I am happy because he has proven to mishandle young players which is what we will have, but AV is a smart, fair coach and we will miss his skill. Just remember the difference in our game when he came in after Torts. It was a breath of fresh air. I hope the feeling is the same about the next person but I don’t think it will be.

I honestly thought he would be back. Not that i wanted him back, but I was worried the organization was brain washed into entrusting him with the entire franchise..

Glady didn't waste any time. Extensions for Ranger coaches seem to be something that triggers the team into sucktatude.

Not excited about amy of these names. Funny seeing Rick Bennett as an option. Failed former prospect of the organization.

Archived