• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of all the books, it's easily the most difficult to get through.

All the chapters with the Ironmen, the drowned gods, etc. are INCREDIBLY boring.

Really? I loved the Victarion/Euron bit. LOVED it. Aeron Damphair is a fucking bitch pansy pain in the ass, but beyond that, Euron/Victarion? Awesome. It probably helped that I basically viewed Euron as Solid Snake in medieval garb, but still

Really? I loved the Victarion/Euron bit. LOVED it. Aeron Damphair is a fucking bitch pansy pain in the ass, but beyond that, Euron/Victarion? Awesome. It probably helped that I basically viewed Euron as Solid Snake in medieval garb, but still

i actually LOL'd

It's not often that people can make a good game based on a book or movie. Usually shitty companies end up taking on the task and the results are shitty as well. A card game would be interesting, but not down my alley.

In regards to the books, I am almost done with A Clash of Kings. Expect reactions shortly.

Yeah, it did nothing for me at all.

I was incredibly bored by the entire Kingsmoot/Queensmoot story, just like I've been bored by most of what's happening with Davos, too.

I guess I'm just spoiled by the quality of the stories behind all the major POV characters.

Yeah, it did nothing for me at all.

I was incredibly bored by the entire Kingsmoot/Queensmoot story, just like I've been bored by most of what's happening with Davos, too.

I guess I'm just spoiled by the quality of the stories behind all the major POV characters.

Admittedly, I was rooting for Asha, but I think Crows Eye gives the Ironborn a pair of balls

~375 pages into ADWD

Glad Asha's story is back. I'm hoping Quentyn gets a bit more interesting. Tyrion...well...that's not an unbelievably lucky turn for him. Jorah looking to turn him in to Danaerys - I'm oddly puzzled. I'm going to call it now though - at some point the eastern continent must get involved with the War in the West....and you have to think Volantis is going to declare for Stannis

430+ into ADDW

Holy shit... Theon. My, how the mighty have fallen. Sorry, did I say Theon? Maybe I should say Reek, since it rhymes with weak!

It's sad how far down he's gone. He lives in pure fear of Ramsay Bolton now. Beaten and brainwashed into a fearful shell of himself

It's sad how far down he's gone. He lives in pure fear of Ramsay Bolton now. Beaten and brainwashed into a fearful shell of himself

I have no sympathy for him. He's a coward who let his own sister essentially con him into putting himself into this position, and I've hated him ever since he took Winterfell.

I have no sympathy for him. He's a coward who let his own sister essentially con him into putting himself into this position, and I've hated him ever since he took Winterfell.

I definitely have sympathy for the guy. That, IMO, is a fate worse than death - especially while douchebags like Cersei, Alliser Thorne, Quaithe and Daario Naharis still live