• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

I'm on the final chapter in A Dance With Dragons before the Epilogue. Not happy about it, either. Pisses me off knowing I'll have to wait what's likely to be years before GRRM releases The Winds of Winter, provided he doesn't die before then.

I'll say this much, too – if he dies before finishing this series and refuses to allow anyone to finish it for him, I'm going to be furious.

RIP Quentyn the Fool, and if Jon Snow dies I might just rage-quit this series. Fucking savages on the Wall!

I second all your points. :D

Well, Jon really had his "Ides of March" there, still we haven't had a confirmation of his death and the red witch was really interested in his well being, so we might be lucky. If not....

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second all your points. :D

Well, Jon really had his "Ides of March" there, still we haven't had a confirmation of his death and the red witch was really interested in his well being, so we might be lucky. If not....

Do not read unless you've read the ADWD epilogue

apparently reanimation is kind of a thing here - white walkers, Dondarrion, Catelyn, Clegane....would it really shock anyone if Jon is "revived?"

AFFC is awful compared to the first three books. Story has really come to a grinding halt. Was waiting for something to finally happen in the book and it never came. I really hope ADWD is better.

It's hard to go from the general chaos of the second half of ASOS to the relative banality of AFFC. The last 200 pages of AFFC are INTRIGUING to say the least, though.

apparently reanimation is kind of a thing here - white walkers, Dondarrion, Catelyn, Clegane....would it really shock anyone if Jon is "revived?"

Not at all. Fact is, Melisandre has taken a liking to him, so it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if he survives the assault.

No, that's why I mentioned Melisandre. Dondarrion was revived by a fellow priest of hers. Also it as suggested throughout the book that he might be able to put his soul into Ghost.

No, that's why I mentioned Melisandre. Dondarrion was revived by a fellow priest of hers. Also it as suggested throughout the book that he might be able to put his soul into Ghost.

Oh, he's got the ability for sure. It was referenced numerous times. He shares dreams with Bran.

He doesn't really want it or though it seems. That's a reason why he and Ghost seemed a bit at odds which each other.

He hasn't really been taught to use it. It's not like Bran was a natural either.

I'm reading A Clash of Kings right now and am a little over half way through. I understand most of the relationships without having read the first book. But one major thing i'm missing, is who is Davos? There have only been 2 chapters so far about him, but the only thing i've drawn from it is something about Stannis. Any insight into his importance/relationship with others would be helpful.

I'm reading A Clash of Kings right now and am a little over half way through. I understand most of the relationships without having read the first book. But one major thing i'm missing, is who is Davos? There have only been 2 chapters so far about him, but the only thing i've drawn from it is something about Stannis. Any insight into his importance/relationship with others would be helpful.

Davos is introduced in Clash of Kings. He's been friends/had a relationship with Stannis for years, and Stannis often looks to him for council and tasks because of his history as a smuggler.

Don't want to spoil more — you'll find out as you read through.

• Like 1

Davos is introduced in Clash of Kings. He's been friends/had a relationship with Stannis for years, and Stannis often looks to him for council and tasks because of his history as a smuggler.

Don't want to spoil more — you'll find out as you read through.

Enough said, Thanks :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. Last 50-60 pages of AFFC salvaged the book entirely.

I love the King's Landing focus, but everything with the Ironborn was duller than a blunted axe. I struggled like crazy to make it through all the stupid Damphair, Euron, Crows Eye, blah blah blah chapters.

I swear, anyone with trouble sleeping at night need only read a single chapter of that on any night they can't seem to slip away.

Edited by Phil in Absentia