• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~810 pages into ADWD (seriously, someone, talk to me here)

I'm starting to very quickly get the feeling that Stannis Baratheon will not survive to the end of this book. His time is drawing to a close here - Lannisters, Boltons, Freys, Conningtons, Targaryens...seems like everyone is against him. The Lannisters have been DISTURBINGLY quiet over the course of this book.

That being said, I've come around on Theon again. He took Winterfell, yes, but he also gave House Stark its only real hope of surviving by ensuring Bran and Rickon lived. The treatment he gets from Ramsay Snow (fuck him, he's no Bolton, not like his old man is that much better) is utterly inhumane.

I'm back in Theon's camp here. I hope to all hell he and Jeyne actually escaped and that the next enigmatically named chapter doesn't begin with "You're my Reek, it rhymes with FUCK YOU RAMSAY"

Well the Lannisters have their own problems, don't forget that most of ADWD is happening at the same time of the events in AFFC, so Lannisters are more focused on killing each other and on the meaningless plot against Margaery that backfires.

And Ramsay deserves a painfull death. Still Theon is a traitor, at least now at his lowest point, he remembers which family was actually good to him.

Well the Lannisters have their own problems, don't forget that most of ADWD is happening at the same time of the events in AFFC, so Lannisters are more focused on killing each other and on the meaningless plot against Margaery that backfires.

And Ramsay deserves a painfull death. Still Theon is a traitor, at least now at his lowest point, he remembers which family was actually good to him.

Just read the next 2 chapters or so...

THEON AND ASHA REUNITED!! YES!!! AWESOME!!

~810 pages into ADWD (seriously, someone, talk to me here)

I'm starting to very quickly get the feeling that Stannis Baratheon will not survive to the end of this book. His time is drawing to a close here - Lannisters, Boltons, Freys, Conningtons, Targaryens...seems like everyone is against him. The Lannisters have been DISTURBINGLY quiet over the course of this book.

That being said, I've come around on Theon again. He took Winterfell, yes, but he also gave House Stark its only real hope of surviving by ensuring Bran and Rickon lived. The treatment he gets from Ramsay Snow (fuck him, he's no Bolton, not like his old man is that much better) is utterly inhumane.

I'm back in Theon's camp here. I hope to all hell he and Jeyne actually escaped and that the next enigmatically named chapter doesn't begin with "You're my Reek, it rhymes with FUCK YOU RAMSAY"

Well that was a solid prediction.

an then a page later FUCK YOU BOWEN MARSH AND GGRM. REALLY? YOU TOOK JON FROM US? FUCKING HELLLLLLLLL

For the Republic ehm the watch. Still one has to admire the Caesarean death scene here. Though we kinda agreed for now that we haven't seen a dead body yet, so he might be alive. With timely help from Melisandre it could be possible. Knowing GRRM I obviously fear for the worst.

For the Republic ehm the watch. Still one has to admire the Caesarean death scene here. Though we kinda agreed for now that we haven't seen a dead body yet, so he might be alive. With timely help from Melisandre it could be possible. Knowing GRRM I obviously fear for the worst.

I'm done with ADWD so nothing remains a spoiler:

A few thoughts:

First off, everything is going to shit. Jon dead, Stannis dead, Kevan Lannister and Grand Maester Pycelle dead (by the hand of Varys!!!), Dany back in Dothraki hands....wow.

Second - I'm 100% sure that Qyburn reanimated Gregor Clegane into Robert Strong

Third - What's Bran up to? He's fallen completely off the map here!

All I know is that I cannot wait for TWOW and ADOS now.

While I watch the latest production video of the second season, showing them shooting the "North of the wall" scenes on Iceland, I started thinking.

How was the north described? Those pictures in the video are just snow and rocks, I kinda pictured more wood in my mind.

What do people say that have just read the books?

While I watch the latest production video of the second season, showing them shooting the "North of the wall" scenes on Iceland, I started thinking.

How was the north described? Those pictures in the video are just snow and rocks, I kinda pictured more wood in my mind.

What do people say that have just read the books?

I got the impression that the North was wooded near the wall, beyond the wall was wooded/mountainous/craggy and then once you started further north and west its basically a vast glacial expanse.