• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I knew it! Petry the snake had Arryn killed and set up this entire war!

Awesome final chapter in Storm of Swords. Finishing the Epilogue on my way home, then tomorrow I begin A Feast for Crows!

I've TOTALLY quit on FFC. I'm maybe 300 pages in and I just...cant. It's a real crawl.

FFC is definitly the toughest one, as nearly none of the remaining fan favorites is in it and this time Aryas chapters are a bit boring as well

and SoS was a climax point of the series, with all the events that happened. Also with the high number of characters dying in SoS, FFC has to introduce a whole bunch of new chars and that takes its time.

If I could, I would merge FFC and DWD into one book with nearly 2000 pages :D. Would lighten the load of all the King's Landing chapters FFC has.

Edited by Phil in Absentia

FFC is definitly the toughest one, as nearly none of the remaining fan favorites is in it and this time Aryas chapters are a bit boring as well

and SoS was a climax point of the series, with all the events that happened. Also with the high number of characters dying in SoS, FFC has to introduce a whole bunch of new chars and that takes its time.

If I could, I would merge FFC and DWD into one book with nearly 2000 pages :D. Would lighten the load of all the King's Landing chapters FFC has.

Exactly. I'm reading about Theon's people which bores me to shit, characters have mystical names, all the fan favorites are dead (where the fuck is the Catelyn chapter? The Tyrion chapter? The Jaime chapters?) and I have to read through Cersei's incessant stupidity, Tyrell crap, Greyjoy/Iron Islands crap, no Daenerys...tis boring!)

Catelyn died, remember? Jaime should have some chapters, but as he isn't paired with Brienne anymore they are more boring than before. Same goes for Briennes chapters, those two really are a good pairing on so many levels. :)

Anyway, they have to do it differently for TV if they come that far, cause no casual fan of the TV-series is gonna watch through this.

185 pages into Feast For Crows

It's really not that bad thus far. Maybe I just haven't gotten deep enough, but I actually like the amount of stories coming out of Kings Landing in this since I really like the POV characters for Cersei, Jamie and technically Tyrion.

I had to basically skip 2/3rds of the Prophet POV. What a bore!

Catelyn died, remember? Jaime should have some chapters, but as he isn't paired with Brienne anymore they are more boring than before. Same goes for Briennes chapters, those two really are a good pairing on so many levels. :)

Anyway, they have to do it differently for TV if they come that far, cause no casual fan of the TV-series is gonna watch through this.

Wasn't Catelyn revealed to be alive in the SoS epilogue?

Wasn't Catelyn revealed to be alive in the SoS epilogue?

"Alive" is relative. You remember the Lord with those outlaws? He was revived several times and finally died when he revived Catelyn, but as she was dead much longer than he ever was and her corpse in a worse state, she came back somewhat different. So I would call her an undead out for vengeance, as she started making her new followers hanging Freys.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got to do quite a bit of reading this last week and I'm around 50 pages from concluding "A Feast for Crows"

First off...hanging Brienne? Ugh...zombie Catelyn...wtf?

aFFC really does a nice job making you ABSOLUTELY HATE Cersei. I legit smiled ear to ear when Osney confessed and Cersei was imprisoned. The fact that she's so selfish to even call upon Jaime to be her champion is ludicrous

So I got to do quite a bit of reading this last week and I'm around 50 pages from concluding "A Feast for Crows"

First off...hanging Brienne? Ugh...zombie Catelyn...wtf?

aFFC really does a nice job making you ABSOLUTELY HATE Cersei. I legit smiled ear to ear when Osney confessed and Cersei was imprisoned. The fact that she's so selfish to even call upon Jaime to be her champion is ludicrous

That bitch is so annoying. Has no clue what she's doing, making new enemys right and left and the whole time she things she is more brilliant as here brothers and even her father. Stuck in a succession war and debts to your chin? Throw out the bankers that lent you the money and make them your opponent.

The Tyrells are the foundation your power is based on? Throw their daughter into the dungeon.

Oh and the most stupid thing of all was to re-arm the church. You could see that come and backfire on her by a mile and it surely did :D

That bitch is so annoying. Has no clue what she's doing, making new enemys right and left and the whole time she things she is more brilliant as here brothers and even her father. Stuck in a succession war and debts to your chin? Throw out the bankers that lent you the money and make them your opponent.

The Tyrells are the foundation your power is based on? Throw their daughter into the dungeon.

Oh and the most stupid thing of all was to re-arm the church. You could see that come and backfire on her by a mile and it surely did :D

Total agreement. When Osney ratted her out and you knew she was totally fucked, I acted like the Rangers scored. It was awesome - and to ice the cake, Jaime burns the letter from her! AHHH!! YES!!!