• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

Still at least 5 months till Season 2, so no need to hurry the new Thread. At least we get a whole hockey season to chase away boredom :D

And no you haven't hit that point yet.

And I wouldn't say it's "evil" that she has to marry Tyrion. Ok, being forced into marriage is never nice, but she couldn't avoid that fate anyway and it could have been worse than getting Tyrion.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe yes, but that honor and the joy now beklong to Margaery Tyrell. That one has the advantage of a brother in the royal guard though

Not really a spoiler so I won't mark it as so, but the development of Loras as a character is getting better and better as time goes on.

Yeah, figured we'd get the jump on it for now.

We'll set up a GOT thread soon.

I'm 400 pages into SOS thus far.

Just passed the point where Jon and the Wildlings scale the Wall where Ygritte is angry they have yet ot find the Horn of Joramun.

Not sure I've hit the "evil" part yet aside from Sansa being forced to marry Tyrion.

The "evil" part made me rage-quit the book. Twice. I literally chucked SOS into the wall and refused to read it for a day

You know, I kinda love it now, when people reach that point of the story that is. It's amusing to see everyone react the same. :D

Except for a friend of mine, who I propably prepared to much which medium spoilers, so she wasn't that surprised. :D

All gone, yeah. Congratulations, you reached the major point we talked about now too. Feeling happy about it? :D

You know, I kinda love it now, when people reach that point of the story that is. It's amusing to see everyone react the same. :D

Except for a friend of mine, who I propably prepared to much which medium spoilers, so she wasn't that surprised. :D

All gone, yeah. Congratulations, you reached the major point we talked about now too. Feeling happy about it? :D

This is such bullshit.

I feel just like Rhommy now... with Arya right there on the fuckin' doorstep and her god damn family is murdered?! I don't even want to read anymore. :(

Valgar Morghulis, Ser Ilyn, Ser Meryn, King Joffrey, Queen Cersei, Dunsen, Poliver, Raff the Sweetling, Ser Gregor and the Tickler... add to that Edwyn Frey, Ryman Frey, Walder Frey and Roose Bolton!

This is such bullshit.

I feel just like Rhommy now... with Arya right there on the fuckin' doorstep and her god damn family is murdered?! I don't even want to read anymore. :(

Valgar Morghulis, Ser Ilyn, Ser Meryn, King Joffrey, Queen Cersei, Dunsen, Poliver, Raff the Sweetling, Ser Gregor and the Tickler... add to that Edwyn Frey, Ryman Frey, Walder Frey and Roose Bolton!

Well I TOLD YOU SO :D

I wrote many times, that I put away the series for YEARS at some point. Actually that one, you might guess why. Robb was the King I and I guess most of us rooted for to win the war and maybe get some arangements done with Dany at the end, but noooo. No happy end for the north.

But it's actually good characterisation, he dies for the same reason as his father: Doing what his honor told him was the right thing to do, regardless if it was a stupid move politically or not.

This is such bullshit.

Just going to warn you, if you did what I did and ragequit after the moment, you'll ragequit even harder in about 20 minutes.

Just going to warn you, if you did what I did and ragequit after the moment, you'll ragequit even harder in about 20 minutes.

I quit just as the chapter ends with Catelyn's throat being cut. Arya is next. I'm so nervous to even read it. :(

I actually had the same discussion with my dad moments ago.

I think in Volume 4 you can feel the writers block Martin obviously had, also after the storm of Vol.3 it couldn't stay at that level and had to calm down.

Also, it doesn't feature Jon, Dany and Tyrion. So most of the popular characters aren't in it. Instead Cersei gets Primetime with her insane schemes and that's a downer. It's all necessary and even nice to get a look in her head, but it's still a downer.

If they ever get to do the TV series for that point they will have to mix Vol. 4 and 5. The TV show won't survive a year with no Tyrion, Jon and Dany.