• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I discussed this over and over with a friend, who actually says that the first half of ADWD bored the hell out of him and he liked AFFC more. (propably because I had lowered his expectations before he read it :D)

Anyway, both books show how bad Martin's writers-block must have been when he wrote the first try of ADWD, that in the end was trashed as a whole and replaced by two books instead. In the first three books he managed the plot much better, less unnecessary characters and the action and information was more concentrated or in other words: He needed less chapters to tell the same amount of story. Hopefully that's behind him now and we can get the last two books quickly.

I disagree with the Ironborn. I don't know how they're going to factor, but they will...

Oh, they're a factor, but hardly an important one yet. The biggest of them is Victarion, but of yet I've seen no real long-term use for anyone other than Theon.

finally finished the 2nd book and am now all caught up for Sunday...

about the preview chapter at the end:

I kinda like Olenna Redwyne. I feel like I know who they should cast for her but cant remember the name. They seem to be casting mostly unknowns anyway, though

Olenna becomes a much bigger player in the third or fourth book, can't recall which off the top of my head, but her presence is not coincidental.

AFFC

It's the fourth, where her gold coins are found in Tyrion's cell. I still think Olenna's role is yet to be played out - she's going to be a fun character in TWOW

Meh. I was never a big medieval programming guy, be it Lord of the Rings or shows like this. The language barrier was always a problem for me —*could never really get a hang of that twang to follow the show closely enough to realize what was really happening.

How far we have come :)

Yaaaa, but you also had the best post in this whole thing!

I can't say how fun it was watching you all develop with season 1.

Been around these books since they each came out, and just sat back waiting for the hook to set :)

Robb Stark, the King of the North is born.

Jon Snow, true Soldier of the Night's Watch is born.

Daenerys Stormborn is reborn.

Three Targareyon dragons are born.

--

I can't fuckin' wait for Spring 2012!