• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#80) Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers — Mika 5-goal Game Incoming

Mike Richter for trivia. 

Sam says the only thing good about Philly is cheesesteaks and pretzels. 

Trouba scores 2 goals and is a +3

Panarin hits the 50 goal mark.

Rempe sets career high in ice time at 6 minutes. 

Wennberg sets career high in hits with 1. 

• Believe 1

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sounds like he is...

Quick in net as per Lavvy's presser  😃

Pumped for Quickie to get this one. Will be interesting to see how the netminder decisions are made for the last two.

8 minutes ago, Scott said:

Rempe doesn't appear to even be in the lineup

I don't think I would take anybody in that 12 out for Rempe right now.

Brodzinski is the obvious choice but he has been productive enough not to sit at this point.

Rempe Saturday is my call...and for a great reason!

Let's take these fucking Flyer hacks first tonight, and insert the Rempire on Saturday for a little fun with the fellas!

11 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I’ll wait to after Hathaway cheap shots Zibanejad, Panarin or Fox to say Rempe should’ve played this one.  

I really don't know what harm he can possibly do being in there tonight.  But I guess Lavvy has his reasons.

You know I'd love to see him in every game!

I don't think Rempe prevents that from happening. Would he go after him probably if Lavy allowed it, depends on the hit, score, time of the game etc. imo.  The captain/Cullye/Goodrow could probably battle to a draw there too they should be able to retaliate just fine, not sure if Deslauriers has even been playing.  Plus the Flyers are in desperation mode to get the two points.

Is strange though with Lavy being so fired up in the last post game he doesn't play Rempe furthering the idea that the kid just isn't good enough to play this time of year in most games at this stage in his career. Rempe has a ton of work to do in many facets of the game to win over the confidence of the coaching staff that he's a given come lineup time. Lavy doesn't help himself by pumping the kids tires all the time then sitting him the huge majority. But now isn't the time to learn when you're trying to find a different gear heading into the playoffs.

1 hour ago, RangerDanger said:

Can we sit Trouba out for this one? You know, to "rest" him......?

Good God he needs practice!  He's been downright fucking terrible since he got back.

I don't think it's any coincidence that K's game dropped a bit since he's been paired back with Trouba.

Edited by Ozzy

12-2-1 in games Rempe has played this season.  That’s a .833 point percentage. Don’t think he’s hurt the team much when he’s played.  He gives the team much needed energy and it seems to me the rest of the team plays bigger and tougher when he’s in the lineup.  

Edited by RJWantsTheCup
  • Keeps it 100 2
  • Believe 1

10 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

12-2-1 in games Rempe has played this season.  That’s a .833 point percentage. Don’t think he’s hurt the team much when he’s played.  He gives the team much needed energy and it seems to me the rest of the team plays bigger and tougher when he’s in the lineup.  

He plays about 6 minutes or gets kicked out. That record is the very definition of "coincidence".

The chances are very very slim that he will ever be in everyday player. He's always going to be a matchup guy. 

1 hour ago, Scott said:

I don't think Rempe prevents that from happening. Would he go after him probably if Lavy allowed it, depends on the hit, score, time of the game etc. imo.  The captain/Cullye/Goodrow could probably battle to a draw there too they should be able to retaliate just fine, not sure if Deslauriers has even been playing.  Plus the Flyers are in desperation mode to get the two points.

Is strange though with Lavy being so fired up in the last post game he doesn't play Rempe furthering the idea that the kid just isn't good enough to play this time of year in most games at this stage in his career. Rempe has a ton of work to do in many facets of the game to win over the confidence of the coaching staff that he's a given come lineup time. Lavy doesn't help himself by pumping the kids tires all the time then sitting him the huge majority. But now isn't the time to learn when you're trying to find a different gear heading into the playoffs.

You're absolutely right, the idea that these guys are deterrents have long since been debunked. They are there for retribution and that's it. 

Lavvy is right to pump his tires, He's played well for what he is. He's not in everyday player, so the coach is under no obligation to play him everyday.

2 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I’ll wait to after Hathaway cheap shots Zibanejad, Panarin or Fox to say Rempe should’ve played this one.  

Hathaway is due some settling up for his run at Igor last time around. That should be high on the to-do list.

• Keeps it 100 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

He plays about 6 minutes or gets kicked out. That record is the very definition of "coincidence".

The chances are very very slim that he will ever be in everyday player. He's always going to be a matchup guy. 

Without a doubt he’s a matchup guy but the last 3 teams are gritty teams.  If that isn’t the matchup he’s here for then why is he here?