• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Matt Rempe Suspended 4 Games for Elbow to Head on Jonas Siegenthaler

51 minutes ago, Pete said:

I learned my lesson, we don't want people questioning and asking for verification if water is wet just because they don't like the person stating that water is indeed wet. "Can we confirm this?"

I wish I DVR’ed the water discussion

• LMFAO 1

Message sent. It was terrible and hopefully he'll learn from it quickly.

Really didn't like the waving part either as he was leaving the ice, after knowing the guy he it had to leave the ice. Somebody said it yesterday, pretty sure it wasn't appreciated by the org.  I like the energy he brings, hope he can learn from it. 

I don't think it's smart for him to take on every fight at any time, I think he has a lot to learn there (fighting wise in general) but I do think he should of answered the bell last night. I don't want the guy to turn into a clown like Avery was (imo). More importantly if the shoe was on the other foot last night I would be livid if the guy we had a huge issue with didn't answer the bell and ended up doing what he did.  Sure he got his laughs and wave in. A huge forced opportunity to sit/watch and learn from.

I'm hoping to see him grow and be around for a while. Yesterday was a big mis-step.

Edited by Scott

We should expect every guy with no fine history in the playoffs to get two now for their first hearing right DPS?? Right??

Lol also, no problem with the suspension, just the consistency with that ridiculous department of player safety.

• Like 1

Pleasantly surprised it wasn't 5. 

Rempe needs to take a lesson from this.  His size is a double-edged sword because he will accidentally get suspended if he doesn't practice good body control.

• Keeps it 100 1

7 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

4 games b/c its the Rangers, should be 1 or 2 since he's a first time offender but DoPS will want to make a statement.  

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Jimmy Fallon No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Sorry I Apologize GIF

16 minutes ago, Scott said:

Message sent. It was terrible and hopefully he'll learn from it quickly.

Really didn't like the waving part either as he was leaving the ice, after knowing the guy he it had to leave the ice. Somebody said it yesterday, pretty sure it wasn't appreciated by the org.  I like the energy he brings, hope he can learn from it. 

I don't think it's smart for him to take on every fight at any time, I think he has a lot to learn there (fighting wise in general) but I do think he should of answered the bell last night. I don't want the guy to turn into a clown like Avery was (imo). More importantly if the shoe was on the other foot last night I would be livid if the guy we had a huge issue with didn't answer the bell and ended up doing what he did.  Sure he got his laughs and wave in. A huge forced opportunity to sit/watch and learn from.

I'm hoping to see him grow and be around for a while. Yesterday was a big mis-step.

Grow into what? He's the most effective he's ever going to be, RIGHT NOW.

4 minutes ago, Dunny said:

This is just not truth. And on top of that, half of his effect is negative. Thankfully he got that five against the most inept power play in the league. 

• Bullseye 1

6 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Who else has gotten four on a first time offense?

Who else has played 10 career games and been tossed from 2 for attempt to injure? And that's lot counting Lybushkin. 

3 minutes ago, Dunny said:

into not ripping guys in the head with an elbow. I don't think he's all that effective getting ejected, sitting 4 games and playing very limited minutes.  He shows signs of being able to play.

• Keeps it 100 1

He's back next Tuesday vs. Winnipeg.

Still a crock of shit by the NHL (his goal should've counted!)  😃 , but I get it.  I've seen a lot worse in my day, but whatever...we take it, we move along and learn.

Edited by Ozzy

I'm watching guys like Justin Falk just completely bail on dump ins, saying nah, fuck this shit  take the puck, and people want to change that? 

You can't have one, without the other.

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

I'm watching guys like Justin Falk just completely bail on dump ins, saying nah, fuck this shit  take the puck, and people want to change that? 

You can't have one, without the other.

Are you suggesting you can't learn to deliver a hit with his elbow tucked? 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Are you suggesting you can't learn to deliver a hit with his elbow tucked? 

It's not just that.  When Rempe is moving around the ice his elbows are at face level for a lot of players.  He's going to get some incidental contact with his playstyle and he needs to learn how to keep his elbows below the danger line.  Can't tuck while you skate.  Going to have to find another solution that works.

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

He's back next Tuesday vs. Winnipeg.

Still a crock of shit by the NHL, but I get it.  I've seen a lot worse in my day, but whatever.

The difference imo is in our day which goes a long long way back was a time when anything goes, no Oz?  I would never argue that DPS is consistent but that can be argued every day. But Rempe has a track record that Pete pointed out (ejections etc.) and I think this timeout could (will hopefully)help him.  He can truck guys without it, not seeing him get ejected would be great. I don't know what the up to the minute stats are but he was running more PIMS than time TOI a couple games ago.

cheers  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1