• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Matt Rempe Suspended 4 Games for Elbow to Head on Jonas Siegenthaler

9 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’d feel the same way if I were Green. Hits like that won’t do Rempe or the Rangers any favors. It was stupid and will likely result in a suspension. 

We should be thankful our PK is elite and that the Devils offense went from being elite to pathetic that we were able to get out of that 5-minute major with literally zero damage at all.

Shit happens. Can't expect perfection, especially not with violent/physical players like Rempe. He's a weapon. We can't feign outrage when he does what weapons do every now and then. Comes with the territory.

Take the suspension, show him how to stay within the rules, and keep on trucking.

• Keeps it 100 3

First time offender… 2 games.

See this is a fun game because you never have any clue what player safety will do because there’s never any consistency. 

as far as Rempe goes multiple things are true here. Love the player and the style of play. But it’s a style of play where it’s reallly easy to step over the line. Especially at his size. Yes he has to improve. If he doesn’t it’ll be a short career. In fully confident the coaching staff is already talking to him about this. 

for once I’m happy we have a guy stirring shit up and throwing body rather than the other way around. 

as far as McDermid is concerned … that wave was fucking hilarious albeit I didn’t think he had to fight him until the hit. He shoulda answered the call on that. Now it’s gonna be a thing going into the next game. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, siddious said:

First time offender… 2 games.

See this is a fun game because you never have any clue what player safety will do because there’s never any consistency. 

as far as Rempe goes multiple things are true here. Love the player and the style of play. But it’s a style of play where it’s reallly easy to step over the line. Especially at his size. Yes he has to improve. If he doesn’t it’ll be a short career. In fully confident the coaching staff is already talking to him about this. 

for once I’m happy we have a guy stirring shit up and throwing body rather than the other way around. 

as far as McDermid is concerned … that wave was fucking hilarious albeit I didn’t think he had to fight him until the hit. He shoulda answered the call on that. Now it’s gonna be a thing going into the next game. 

Wednesday, 4/3. Book it. Devil's will be far out of contention. Gunna be a fun one.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Two games. Love what he's brought to the team, but that elbow was 'ugh'. I'm sure he'll learn. Overall, though, he brings a great old school game that's been sorely lacking from this team, hell, from this league, in quite some time. The NHL has tried to phase out fighting, or at least, not really encourage it. If you watch their game highlight packages on YouTube, for example, they seem to edit out any fighting that occurs.

49 minutes ago, Pete said:

We all love him. Loving him as a player doesn't mean you can't point out the things you needs to work on as a player with a handful of games in the league.

We have people here losing their shit over The idea that he's done a great fighter even though he isn't. He has some things to learn. People are up and arms because we're saying you can't throw elbows like that, you can't make head contact, he'll learn not to do that. But that doesn't mean it can't be pointed out today, it doesn't mean we don't like the player and love what he brings to the team. 

Dude... That was a textbook elbow. Your arm can't be perpendicular to your body with your elbow extended on a check. That's as dirty as it gets. 

Exactly...he's 21.  Far from a finished product.  He said it in his pre game interview that he loves to learn and know he's got MILES to go.

Yup, textbook elbow....a bad one at that.  He'll learn to get this kinda stuff down where he doesn't get himself or the team into shit.  It's the general learning curve for players like him.  He's a weapon and he fucked up.  I wish I could say it will be the last time.  It won't!  LOL  It's cool, he knows he fucked up.  Forward we go from here!

He remeinds me so much of when Chara came into the league....he was a clumsy oaf, but once he figured it out, the guy played like 30,000 games in the NHL and won a few Cups.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Exactly...he's 21.  Far from a finished product.  He said it in his pre game interview that he loves to learn and know he's got MILES to go.

Yup, textbook elbow....a bad one at that.  He'll learn to get this kinda stuff down where he doesn't get himself or the team into shit.  It's the general learning curve for players like him.  He's a weapon and he fucked up.  I wish I could say it will be the last time.  It won't!  LOL  It's cool, he knows he fucked up.  Forward we go from here!

He remeinds me so much of when Chara....he was a clumsy oaf, but once he figured it out, the guy played like 30,000 games in the NHL and won a few Cups.

Spot on. Kid is a sponge and a locker room favorite I'm sure. He battles and the guys appreciate it. Lavi said as much in the post game. Love what he's brought. Someone else said it best, he is everything this team has lacked since Avery, except in a much larger package and much more effective physically. Gotta love it.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Spot on. Kid is a sponge and a locker room favorite I'm sure. He battles and the guys appreciate it. Lavi said as much in the post game. Love what he's brought. Someone else said it best, he is everything this team has lacked since Avery, except in a much larger package and much more effective physically. Gotta love it.

Only 21 years old too, so he might even fill out a bit more. lol

My overreaction: In-person so they can wave the finger. 5 games. 

My fandom reaction: 1 game. 

Analysis: at least 2, maybe even 3. Gallagher got 5 for a gnarly elbow as a first offender and he’s been in the league for more season than Rempe has games played. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Shit happens. Can't expect perfection, especially not with violent/physical players like Rempe. He's a weapon. We can't feign outrage when he does what weapons do every now and then. Comes with the territory.

Take the suspension, show him how to stay within the rules, and keep on trucking.

He's going to have to play under more control moving forward.  This penalty could have been avoided if he tucked his arm in when he made the hit.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Who's feigning outrage? No one here is. 

If anyone is, it's Green...my answer would be "You specifically traded for a player to exact revenge for a hit that happened two weeks ago..." 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Who's feigning outrage? No one here is. 

If anyone is, it's Green...my answer would be "You specifically traded for a player to exact revenge for a hit that happened two weeks ago..." 

Green is who I was talking about. That wasn't clear, so that's on me.

And that's exactly the right response, too. Media should have literally followed up with "OK, so why did the Devils trade for MacDermid, then?"

• Cheers 1

MacDermid's gotta be pissed.  First he gets traded from a legit Cup contender to this absolute tire fire of a team, then on top of that a 21 year old rookie tells him to go fuck himself when challenged.  Then the rookie takes out his teammate with a wicked elbow, while he's on the ice!

I love this game!!!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy
  • LMFAO 1

The fact that it was against the Devils makes it so much better. First you have the recent sting of the hit on Bastian from just a couple of weeks ago, but you also have the historic view of a franchise that employed Scott fuckin Stevens.

Eat shit. 

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

Say what you want about that hit and all the bullshit around it...That screen he set for the Gus goal last night was impeccable!!!

Kakkohnen couldn't see the sun from behind him!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phillyb said:

If last night reinforces anything it’s that there’s no such thing as deterrance in today’s NHL. MacDermid was on the ice at the time of Rempe’s hit on Siegenthaller. 

It's kind of hysterical that a guy can say no to a fight.

Not the NHL I was watching as a kid.