• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Matt Rempe Suspended 4 Games for Elbow to Head on Jonas Siegenthaler

I actually think he was spreading his arms to brace himself as he was about to hit the glass, it looked incidental that he clipped the player's facemask.  Ended up looking bad, though.   I'm guessing a one game suspension.

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Two unless they're trying to send a message, then it would be three. 

I’m gonna guess 3. Because I think they’re gonna try and send a message. I know the Bastian hit and the one on Lyubushkin weren’t suspension worthy, per the league, but I think a lot has been made of him already and I think Parros will look to nip this in the ass and try and slow him up a little from any future issues. Just my guess. At the very least, I would say 2.

Then again, with the inconsistency of the DoPS, he may get a $50 gift card to Papa Johns and an autographed photo of Caitlin Jenner scratching her balls.

• Cheers 1

I’d feel the same way if I were Green. Hits like that won’t do Rempe or the Rangers any favors. It was stupid and will likely result in a suspension. 

We should be thankful our PK is elite and that the Devils offense went from being elite to pathetic that we were able to get out of that 5-minute major with literally zero damage at all.

• Keeps it 100 1

21 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’d feel the same way if I were Green. Hits like that won’t do Rempe or the Rangers any favors. It was stupid and will likely result in a suspension. 

We should be thankful our PK is elite and that the Devils offense went from being elite to pathetic that we were able to get out of that 5-minute major with literally zero damage at all.

Agreed. That was a dumb move on Rempe’s part. Could have cost a game. I do not think laviolette will tolerate that stupidity for a long. At some point Rempe will become a liability and will be sent down. If he continue doing shit like that, that is. 

Edited by Art20c

2 games, and I still love him.

Fuck the Devils!  Yeah it was a bad hit, but he's learning.  best to learn now, so he doesn't make these mistakes down the road.

You think he's the first "tough guy" to pull this shit??  I remember this guy Tom Wilson....

Marked man.  After this, he won't be able to so much as bump someone without it being called a minor.

Next game against Devils = Charlestown Chiefs versus Syracuse Bulldogs grudge match.

A real shame.  On Guftason's goal, you couldn't have moved Rempe from in front of the goal with a house moving contractor.

• Keeps it 100 1

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

2 games, and I still love him.

Fuck the Devils!  Yeah it was a bad hit, but he's learning.  best to learn now, so he doesn't make these mistakes down the road.

You think he's the first "tough guy" to pull this shit??  I remember this guy Tom Wilson....

We all love him. Loving him as a player doesn't mean you can't point out the things you needs to work on as a player with a handful of games in the league.

We have people here losing their shit over The idea that he's done a great fighter even though he isn't. He has some things to learn. People are up and arms because we're saying you can't throw elbows like that, you can't make head contact, he'll learn not to do that. But that doesn't mean it can't be pointed out today, it doesn't mean we don't like the player and love what he brings to the team. 

1 hour ago, jjweimar said:

He doesn't leave his feet his elbow hits the shoulder first which is maybe 2 minutes. What's he supposed to do with his size because he's at least 5" taller than the average in the league?

Dude... That was a textbook elbow. Your arm can't be perpendicular to your body with your elbow extended on a check. That's as dirty as it gets.