• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Jack Roslovic From CBJ

1 minute ago, siddious said:

I’m actually surprised that’s all roslovic cost us. I know he ain’t a super star but still.

also love the chance to give him a preview with the team for an extension as an affordable middle of the lineup player long term. -- opposed to trailer park window glass Chytil 

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Drury either believes:

This team doesn't need to go all in to win the Cup, and just wanted to add depth.

OR

This team isn't worth paying the price to go all in.

It's not as if going "all in" guarantees anything. And 10 people may have 10 different ideas about what "all in" means anyway.  Winning a cup isn't just about who has the best players, it's about who is playing the best at that time, team chemistry and buy in and commitment. The Rangers have been one of the best teams (points wise) all year, so why do they need radical change?  They had some injuries and Drury filled those needs now and also got to look at some rookies play at the NHL level.  I like what he has done with these adds and also didn't give away any of the teams future by keeping all the top prospects and 1st round picks.  He gets an A from me.   

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Applause 2

8 minutes ago, delneggs said:

It's not as if going "all in" guarantees anything. And 10 people may have 10 different ideas about what "all in" means anyway.  Winning a cup isn't just about who has the best players, it's about who is playing the best at that time, team chemistry and buy in and commitment. The Rangers have been one of the best teams (points wise) all year, so why do they need radical change?  They had some injuries and Drury filled those needs now and also got to look at some rookies play at the NHL level.  I like what he has done with these adds and also didn't give away any of the teams future by keeping all the top prospects and 1st round picks.  He gets an A from me.   

This team covered a lot of ground this year;

They were able to further develop young guys like Cuylle, Miller etc.

They were able to win a lot of games despite "losing" their star goalie for 2 months and have their #1 Center not at his best.

We lost our Norris winning defenseman for a month as well, having Gus step up and make his presense felt.

They are now able to keep a lot of their valuable assets going forward because their GM was shrewd and didn't bow to the market

They're also bound for the playoffs in a big way with a solid experiance base in that locker room

Edited by Ozzy
  • Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, Keirik said:

So we traded for Woktek Wolski part deux 

Strange. Low risk though. 

World Cup Flag GIF by Homme Jaune

I guess I dont really know Roslovics game all that well. Mid first round pick. Put up 22 goals one season. Wolski seems like an apt comparison.

Corey Pronman: Roslovic is an excellent skater who can provide a much-needed speed element to the Rangers forward group which is something they’ve been missing with Filip Chytil out due to injury. Roslovic’s pure scoring touch won’t dazzle, but he has enough skill to provide secondary offense while being able to be a reliable enough two-way player.

On the Rangers, he won’t be a go-to guy, but he can be a solid bottom-six addition. He can play center or wing although in New York he’s probably a wing. It’s a nice add for them given it’s only a mid-round pick several drafts away going the other direction.

New York Rangers grade: B+
Columbus grade: C+

https://theathletic.com/5327164/2024/03/08/nhl-trade-grades-new-york-rangers-jack-roslovic/?source=user_shared_article

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

I'm not too familiar with jfresh models, but the implication of his strength being a playmaker bodes well for what I want to see next to Zib.

I'm intrigued.

He's going to be a really good player on either the first or third line. 

• Bullseye 1

I have no basis for saying this but this has Ryan Strome vibes to me.

Also its possible this was plan C. I get being all in but stupid deals are stupid deals and I am glad Drury didnt make one.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I'm not too familiar with jfresh models, but the implication of his strength being a playmaker bodes well for what I want to see next to Zib.

I'm intrigued.

Yeah. You look at that and you see a puck transporter who wins battles and draws penalties, but leaves something to be desired in scoring. I'm discounting the Defense rating there; I assume that being on Columbus is just a recipe for getting caved.

He's a great skater too. Might be a decent fit.

• Applause 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's going to be a really good player on either the first or third line. 

This add and Wennberg are ideal in this market. 

These are 2 good adds and the make you better.

• Like 1

What Vegas, Carolina, Florida, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Colorado are doing is substantially improving their roster.

https://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/trade-tracker

What the Rangers are doing is tinkering with their lineup at the cost of a few draft picks for Wennberg and Roslovic.  I'm relieved that Drury didn't make major sacrifices to tinker.  

But let's be real - the Rangers lost ground in the quest for a Cup this year because of what other contenders did to improve compared to what the Rangers did to improve.

8 minutes ago, fletch said:

What Vegas, Carolina, Florida, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Colorado are doing is substantially improving their roster.

https://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/trade-tracker

What the Rangers are doing is tinkering with their lineup at the cost of a few draft picks for Wennberg and Roslovic.  I'm relieved that Drury didn't make major sacrifices to tinker.  

But let's be real - the Rangers lost ground in the quest for a Cup this year because of what other contenders did to improve compared to what the Rangers did to improve.

They loaded up last year and we're out in R1.

They tinkered the year before and went to the Eastern conference final. 

• Keeps it 100 2

59 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Yeah. You look at that and you see a puck transporter who wins battles and draws penalties, but leaves something to be desired in scoring. I'm discounting the Defense rating there; I assume that being on Columbus is just a recipe for getting caved.

He's a great skater too. Might be a decent fit.

I couldn’t care less about the defense rating anyway. The KZ line needs offense, and will be fine/good defensively no matter who is RW.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

They loaded up last year and we're out in R1.

They tinkered the year before and went to the Eastern conference final. 

Where's that arrow??  Oh here it is:  ⬆️