• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#55) Rangers @ New York Islanders — the One With the Big Ass Jersey Numbers

Phil

47 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This will be Schneiders game.  2 goals. Massive hits. 

Shesterkin takes a step closer to being back. 

20/93 flop again as floaters. Vesey throws HIS helmet. 

Line 3 carries the offensive flow. 

ABC feed is typical choppy with horrific sound until the 2nd. 

Miller gets turnstiled like he's Penn Station, (including the fellas who jump over the turnstiles) all game.  - no big prediction there. Goes to 22 games without a goal. 

Trocheck and Lafrenière pound the net and get into a line brawl,  Panarin drops Brock Nelson with a Domi style haymaker. Lindgren bleeds from just watching from the bench. Miller powerbombs Dobson 6 times. 

Video last night was great. 140K+ fans over 2 days in the freezing cold is a feather in the NHL's cap.

Sadly suspect we will be stuck with Bruins garden gnome Sean McManus and Ranger hater Ray Ferraro today.

Win the game;let's see Igor play well, and a solid effort from the big dogs and the big boy new 4th line. 

51 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

For some reason, no matter the record, the Islanders always seem to approach a game with the Rangers as a MUST win at all costs. Rangers don't always take the same approach. However, Laviolette seems to have them, once again, pointing in the right direction. The rest is up to the players on the ice, will they show up ready to work?

This is the Isles Stanley cup (since they aren’t making the playoffs)

They always seem to play the Rangers with urgency 

Rangers haven’t lost an outdoor game yet. 

I’ll be throwing some money on the Isles to win today as a result.

win-win in the end for me. 

Edited by Parsley
  • Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

This is the Isles Stanley cup (since they aren’t making the playoffs)

They always seem to play the Rangers with urgency 

Rangers haven’t lost an outdoor game yet. 

I’ll be throwing some money on the Isles to win today as a result.

win-win in the end for me. 

This is a safe bet for all those reasons. Plus I think game time temperature and conditions won't do the Rangers skill players and favors. Islanders don't have much skill and are a grind kind of team, their playstyle helps them, I think. Not that they can't win, but it's an uphill battle.

53 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Brooks reporting delayed start due to wind. Says 3:45, perhaps later.

They just need to not schedule these games when the sun is out anymore. Not just wind, but reflections too. 

Edited by Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

I never thought he had any issue breaking away.  Just a huge problem making the puck "deposit" at the tail end of those plays.

He has a small percentage of the breakaways that he should have with the skill players who play with him and the amount of time he spends hanging by the blue line waiting for an opportunity.

Outdoor ice will be good but less predictable than the arena ice both teams are used to, putting a premium on simple hockey plays.  It will be harder to complete tic-tac-toe passing.   Neither team will score as often on fancy plays.  The Islanders are probably better suited to an outdoor game, but the Rangers are on a streak so get the W.  LGR!