• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#48) Rangers vs. Vegas Golden Knights — Thank You, Sir. May I Have Another?

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

No accountability for the players. Coaches treat them like adults but they need to be treated like 5 year olds and get punished. 

Probably some truth to that. 

Just now, Albatrosss said:

Not sure CSA watched the game, but i did

You're right, the foremost authority on this type of statistical analysis probably didn't watch.

You're definitely more qualified to judge. Go you. Maybe you should open up a competitor company. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

You're right, the foremost authority on this type of statistical analysis probably didn't watch.

You're definitely more qualified to judge. Go you. Maybe you should open up a competitor company. 

No thanks, dont have much time unlike someone we know who spends half of his life here trying to prove people wrong on the internet 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

We always knew that would happen. They only had money to add around the margins.

I don't think hardly anybody on the team has played their best hockey, aside from Panarin, Tro, And until recently Laf. 

Question is why? People need to stop saying it's because the players suck and don't have talent. You don't put up the numbers these guys put up in this league if you don't have talent.

I think what's missing, and what's also missing from the coach, is some fire. What would Torts be doing right now? What would Patrick Roy be doing right now? 

Maybe Lavvy needs to pull a page from his book from 10 years ago. 

You hit the nail on the head.  The question is why and how to correct it.  It’s up to Drury to correct the 2 glaring roster problems as best he can and then up to Lavi to get the most he can out of the players.  A bit of fault can be placed on both of them at this point.  Drury is handcuffed by the cap everyone gets that.  Lavi can’t help the lack of depth.   But I think both can do better jobs.  And I’ll add I like both Drury and Lavi.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

No thanks, dont have much time unlike someone we know who spends half of his life here trying to prove people wrong on the internet 

The funny thing is you think you don't do this lol. You spend more time following me around this place then I spend here, and it isn't even close. Use that ignore feature. 

43 minutes ago, Pete said:

The lack of depth on the roster is being exposed.

You can't have Brodzinski as your third line center on a serious team.

You can't be flip-flopping between Wheeler and Kakko as your top line right wing. 

It used to be this team went as Zib went, this season they were going as Bread goes. If he doesn't score, they don't win. 

Brodzinzki getting PP2 time is the barometer of how shallow the depth is. It's desperation but understandable. The talent isn't there, but they're stuck. Can't recall a 4th line winger getting regular PP time. It's not nearly as infuriating as #93, getting the pass in the left circle, steadying himself, giving the D and goalie a chance to get set, and then either making an impossible pass that goes awry  or taking a wild one timer usually missing the net completely. At least Brodzinzki looks like he gives a fuck, shoots, goes to the net. At least looks like Brodzinski is listening to the coach, something this core hasn't done for , what are we on now, 5 years? 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

The funny thing is you think you don't do this lol. You spend more time following me around this place then I spend here, and it isn't even close. Use that ignore feature. 

Sure 👍, whatever makes you feel good about yourself 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Brodzinzki getting PP2 time is the barometer of how shallow the depth is. It's desperation but understandable. The talent isn't there, but they're stuck. Can't recall a 4th line winger getting regular PP time. It's not nearly as infuriating as #93, getting the pass in the left circle, steadying himself, giving the D and goalie a chance to get set, and then either making an impossible pass that goes awry  or taking a wild one timer usually missing the net completely. At least Brodzinzki looks like he gives a fuck, shoots, goes to the net. At least looks like Brodzinski is listening to the coach, something this core hasn't done for , what are we on now, 5 years? 

None of it changes the fact that he's not a third line center on a serious team. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

But Brodzinski sucks 

• LMFAO 1
  • Cheers 1

The team as a whole does lack a shoot first mentality but it’s been that way for years and they still won.  And a lack of depth scoring has been a concern in the past also.  The biggest problem is a good chunk of the team is not performing up to their normal standards.  

Just now, Albatrosss said:

But Brodzinski sucks 

This is so. He should be in Hartford. Only time he should see the ice at MSG should be in September or in April when they're resting regulars before the playoffs. And he's getting, what, 15 minutes a night and PP time? It's crazy. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

The team as a whole does lack a shoot first mentality but it’s been that way for years and they still won.  And a lack of depth scoring has been a concern in the past also.  The biggest problem is a good chunk of the team is not performing up to their normal standards.  

Maybe they’re no longer as good as they used to be (Zib)

One further point the only guy that’s improved that I might give credit to Lavi is Laffy.  Panarin’s slight scoring jump is from a commitment to shoot more which is his choice.  Trocheck had said his is from being more comfortable in his 2nd season.  Trouba I’m not sure why he’s been better.  Again I liked and still like Lavi being named coach.  But he has to do more with what he has.  

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Question is why? People need to stop saying it's because the players suck and don't have talent. You don't put up the numbers these guys put up in this league if you don't have talent.

I think what's missing, and what's also missing from the coach, is some fire. What would Torts be doing right now? What would Patrick Roy be doing right now? 

Maybe Lavvy needs to pull a page from his book from 10 years ago. 

Well that's just it. Maybe certain players aren't responding to such things. Infact maybe it turns them sour and makes them not want to play hard. This is something I've been weighing for a while. It's kinda what a lot of people have been suggesting. It's not about talent. It's about being selfish or coddled for so long, that they feel like they are the ones in control. They won't change, because they feel they don't have to. They aren't putting in the extra effort,  because they don't want to. 

Laviolette can't go off on them. 

Certain players mope and don't like being called out. It's part of the conversation about this team getting 2 coaches fired. You can keep saying Gallant stunk and that Vince says the players said this and that.

Gallant got them to the ECF. By luck or not. He got them there. He had 2- 100+ point seasons. That doesn't happen on accident. It took 2 seasons for this team to tune him out and do whatever they want without any reprieve. 

This time, it only took till December to start tuning out the coach. 

This has become more than a lull. Laviolette looks distressed. Lost. Dumbfounded. Annoyed that he can't get these players to do what he asks. It's like talking to a wall. A wall that has gotten its way for years. 

They need a reality check. An entire month of not playing within the system and giving minimal effort is not acceptable. It's not a lull. It's a trend. Its a downfall. A month like this doesn't get fixed. It gets worse. 

Shesterkin is absolutely a problem. This should be overcome by a good team. Clamp down. Adhere to the system. Try harder. Skate. These things aren't happening from a group of players.

It looks like an act of defiance at this point. Kreider, Miller, Goodrow and Zibanejad are huge culprits in the non extra effort area. Same guys it was last year in the playoffs. 

Once again a bunch of players don't want to play for the coach. I'm pretty convinced of this. The reactions,  the body language during and after plays, screams I don't give a fuck. 

Maybe it's not the coach.  Maybe these players really don't give a fuck. How does a coach overcome that? 

• Bullseye 2

39 minutes ago, Bugg said:

It's probably time to take one of the centers off PP1. Not like it's been any good for the month. 

Send a message to Zibanejad.  Drop him to PP2. Get Lafrenière or Kakko a dream spot on PP1. 

It would probably also force them to shorten PP1s absurdly long shifts, because you want Zibanejad out there at some point.  

59 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

A good chunk of the team is over 30 when not performing to standards becomes a reality for some.

This team has 4 forwards under 30 right now.  Laf, Cuylle, Kakko and alphabet soup.

10 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

They are back to doing what got them into trouble last year by trying to be fucking cute with the puck. And opposing teams are taking notice.

The conundrum is the opposing team also just said they're really hard to play against. 

So how does one reconcile that?

1 minute ago, Pete said:

The conundrum is the opposing team also just said they're really hard to play against. 

I just think that possession time, while great, isn’t the be all end all. Like Herb Brooks said: “it’s not weaving for weavings sake.” At some point, the puck needs to go on net, even if it’s a low percentage play. It can’t just be cycling, cycling, cycling and looking for the perfect pass through the perfect seam. Sometimes flinging it on net, you’ll find a body or a skate. The mentality needs to be to find more greasy goals and look for puck luck as opposed to pretty passing and zone possession.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

In all fairness have you ever heard an NHL player say “other team sucks, game was so easy”?

• LOL 2
  • Bullseye 2