• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#48) Rangers vs. Vegas Golden Knights — Thank You, Sir. May I Have Another?

Just now, Pete said:

They didn't sign him. They traded for him. And he didn't affect the salary cap over the summer where the roster could have been changed.

So I'll ask you again, what are you even talking about? 

I thought the conversation was about last season when the team played shorthanded for weeks after they signed ( sorry… traded for/bfd) and hit the cap.  Not the offseason.

I think Lav has a handle on what and who is wrong on this team. I hope Post all-star to expect the healthy scratches of certain "stars" and hopefully if no improvement players are going to get moved prior to the deadline. We desperately need high energy grinders/hitters who can pot 15-20 goals a year on every line. We currently have one in Cuylle. 

Not sure if it will happen but that's my hope

The lack of depth on the roster is being exposed.

You can't have Brodzinski as your third line center on a serious team.

You can't be flip-flopping between Wheeler and Kakko as your top line right wing. 

It used to be this team went as Zib went, this season they were going as Bread goes. If he doesn't score, they don't win. 

If you compare the players from this year to last year 3 forwards are having better years and 1 defenseman (Panarin, Tro. Laf & Trouba)
2 forwards and 1 D about same (Vesey, Brodz & Schneider)

4 forwards, 3 D & G are worse (Kreider, Zibs, Kakko, Goodrow,  Lindgren, Fox, Miller & Shesty).  
They are lucky to be in first place.  They need the 8 players having down years to turn it up if they are going to maintain home ice advantage for the playoffs.  The need for a top 6 RW and 3C has been exposed for the last month.  Drury can’t wait to start making moves now that Chytil isn’t coming back.  Trading deadline is probably going to be too late.  

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

If you compare the players from this year to last year 3 forwards are having better years and 1 defenseman (Panarin, Tro. Laf & Trouba)

4 forwards, 3 D & G are worse (Kreider, Zibs, Kakko, Goodrow,  Lindgren, Fox, Miller & Shesty).  
They are lucky to be in first place.  They need the 8 players having down years to turn it up if they are going to maintain home ice advantage for the playoffs.  The need for a top 6 RW and 3C has been exposed for the last month.  Drury can’t wait to start making moves now that Chytil isn’t coming back.  Trading deadline is probably going to be too late.  

It really comes down to if you think these players are playing their best hockey, are they capable of more?

The back of all their hockey cards say that they do.

A lot of people judging the team and the players when they're going through a bad stretch is super shortsighted. 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

It really comes down to if you think these players are playing their best hockey, are they capable of more?

A lot of people judging the team and the players when they're going through a bad stretch is super shortsighted. 

Me thinks it more than just a bad stretch. 

7 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Looking at the whole season the guys I mentioned as doing better are and most of the rest are performing under.  
If you compare the  new Rangers Gus, Bonino, Pitlick & Quick last year to this only Quick is playing better.  
It’s a bad recipe for team success.  

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

Looking at the whole season the guys I mentioned as doing better are and most of the rest are performing under.  
If you compare the  new Rangers Gus, Bonino, Pitlick & Quick last year to this only Quick is playing better.  
It’s a bad recipe for team success.  

We always knew that would happen. They only had money to add around the margins.

I don't think hardly anybody on the team has played their best hockey, aside from Panarin, Tro, And until recently Laf. 

Question is why? People need to stop saying it's because the players suck and don't have talent. You don't put up the numbers these guys put up in this league if you don't have talent.

I think what's missing, and what's also missing from the coach, is some fire. What would Torts be doing right now? What would Patrick Roy be doing right now? 

Maybe Lavvy needs to pull a page from his book from 10 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

We always knew that would happen. They only had money to add around the margins.

I don't think hardly anybody on the team has played their best hockey, aside from Panarin, Tro, And until recently Laf. 

Question is why? People need to stop saying it's because the players suck and don't have talent. You don't put up the numbers these guys put up in this league if you don't have talent.

I think what's missing, and what's also missing from the coach, is some fire. What would Torts be doing right now? What would Patrick Roy be doing right now? 

Maybe Lavvy needs to pull a page from his book from 10 years ago. 

No accountability for the players. Coaches treat them like adults but they need to be treated like 5 year olds and get punished.