• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#48) Rangers vs. Vegas Golden Knights — Thank You, Sir. May I Have Another?

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't really know how true that is.

What's painfully obvious is that his glove hand is a huge problem. He's keeping it way too low, you need to start your glove up high because it's easier to drop it down than it is to raise it up. He's got a lot of bad habits, and his head isn't on straight.

There are different books on every goalie, some of them are corners, and some of them are distance. Look at Valley's breakdown of Demko. He's great on all shots from enclosed, and not so great on all shots from a distance. That has nothing to do with corners, so the book is not the same on every goalie. 

So, it's half true. Still. Who wasn't taught to shoot for upper corners in a 1 on 1? 

I honestly don't buy the height of his glove is the issue.  He's always had a pretty solid glove hand. He's just fighting everything that comes his way right now. He definitely sucks at the moment. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So, it's half true. Still. Who wasn't taught to shoot for upper corners in a 1 on 1? 

I honestly don't buy the height of his glove is the issue.  He's always had a pretty solid glove hand. He's just fighting everything that comes his way right now. He definitely sucks at the moment. 

I mean Valley just tweeted he has to get his glove higher. You can buy whatever you want, but he's a lot smarter than all of us.

I also don't know what you're talking about in terms of players being taught to shoot for corners. Players are taught to shoot for openings. The top corners aren't always the openings. 

Roster construction, NMC, Gallant, and the players on-ice performance all led to disappointing results.  You’ve replaced the coach for a little over half a season but a lot of the other things about the Rangers haven’t had a chance to change very much.  They don’t write the story of the 2023-2024 season in January.

• Believe 1

Just now, ausman said:

Kane.

They didn't sign him. They traded for him. And he didn't affect the salary cap over the summer where the roster could have been changed.

So I'll ask you again, what are you even talking about? 

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

Jonathon Marchessault with the hatty....remember when he was in the NYR organization???

Wow ESPN couldn't get out of this game fast enough

Don’t remember that but would explain why he had a good game 

• Applause 1