• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #9] Rangers at Winnipeg Jets — Shooting Down Jets

Drew a Penalty

1 minute ago, Valriera said:

What’s clear to me is that Kakko is a straight virgin. The dude chases pucks into the corner like the they’re Pokémon cards but when it comes time to score he gets nervous 

Girl gets naked he just goes “WOW! Nice girl” and leaves 

The whole team is double-clutching at this point aside from the goalies but there is enough talent there that solid defense is getting them wins.

Hopefully Zibanejad is off the skid and the scoring will be more balanced moving forward.

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The whole team is double-clutching at this point aside from the goalies but there is enough talent there that solid defense is getting them wins.

Hopefully Zibanejad is off the skid and the scoring will be more balanced moving forward.

I was baffled under Turk they lacked defensive composure when their strength was always goaltending and even defenseman for the most part. I liked Galant as a person but loving Lav as the coach. 

Hot Damn!!  A perfect 10 on the road!!!  Don't look now, gang but a certain #93 is starting to percolate!!

A very nice win to finish off this marathon road trip.  A few too many turnovers in that 2nd period for my liking but once again Igor to the rescue!

...and here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by American Airlines...welcoming that flight back to a hero's welcome on Thursday night!

5 hours ago, Tomas Sandstrom said:

That's not so bad, as I can think of a few things which would have been worse resting against your chin...

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

Jesus, brutal defense. Stop spamming the poke check button

3 hours ago, Flynn said:

19:30 of great. Then a manatee sized turd to close the period. 

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

Wheeler is a clumsy bear out there at this point.

And I've seen a bear on ice skates before.  Not quite as clumsy as Wheeler but close.

2 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

WTF is Housley doing with that hair on his head?  He has bangs that look like Christmas icicle lights…shave that already man..

1 hour ago, siddious said:

Can time on attack be negative? Asking for 23 friends

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Kreider is a cheat code on the PP.

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

HIS BABY CALLS HIM DADDY 

CHRIS KREIDER CALLS HIM DADDY

AND CONNOR HELLEBUYCK CALLS HIM DADDY

BIG ZIB ENERGY BABY

1 hour ago, Pistol Pete said:

Can someone break a water main in MSG so they can stay on the road?

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

15 points in 9 games for Artemi. Lex Luthor Panarin is best Panarin.

Credit the boys for fighting it out & taking that last point!  Not our best game, but enough to beat a fairly under-rated Jets squad. 

All I can say is, I'm glad Helly signed in Winnipeg instead of NJ!!!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Pistol Pete!!!  I'm thinking that home ice advantage in the playoffs may not be so important after all!!!  Gonna be great to get back home and work out some kinks in the game. 

Slowly but surely, we're getting there!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They’re looking like a team that’s very invested in their system. Defense has improved so much, we aren’t bleeding chances every game. It almost reminds me of a similar structure to the Tortorella Rangers, where grinding out wins was the norm. The difference here is that this team can also push the pace offensively and can capitalize on Power Plays. They can play almost any way you want to play. And when all else fails, you have an elite goalie in net acting as a security blanket.

Very impressive start.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

They’re looking like a team that’s very invested in their system. Defense has improved so much, we aren’t bleeding chances every game. It almost reminds me of a similar structure to the Tortorella Rangers, where grinding out wins was the norm. The difference here is that this team can also push the pace offensively and can capitalize on Power Plays. They can play almost any way you want to play. And when all else fails, you have an elite goalie in net acting as a security blanket.

Very impressive start.

Great comment!

The thing that stood out from my perspective was Miller. I dog him a lot for his defensive play. He played a very solid game last night defensively. Got caught down low a couple of times (IMO irresponsibly)that caused rushes the other way but overall he made some really nice defensive plays in the D zone. Im hoping that with the new coaching staff combined with some maturity in the position he makes this a trend.

Nice game kid!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2