• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #9] Rangers at Winnipeg Jets — Shooting Down Jets

Drew a Penalty

10 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

What was the trivia question? Thrashers captains that played for Rangers?

I only caught the tail end of it but something about 2 other players who've captained the Thrashers and Jets? Don't know for sure, will need to go back and recheck. 

not picking on Laugh or anybody else but the box score shows 4 total giveaways. Chubby 1, Kreider 2, Kakko 1.  Impossible to believe we have only 4 to me but sure, I guess.

About as meaningful as having the puck on your stick for 6-7 seconds or whatever on a breakaway and missing the net. What's that prove and/or what is the value in that?

Edited by jsrangers

Technically, a giveaway is a puck turned over when not under pressure…if under pressure, they classify it as a turnover…call it what you want, Laffy has a boat load between last game and this game…since he’s so slow, he’s always under pressure, so I guess they put them in the turnover column.

Just now, siddious said:

Missed the first but that 2nd was all Winnipeg. 

should be happy it’s 1-1. Steal this third and go home.

Yes, the Rangers have been outplayed at even strength the last couple of games.

Winnipeg has to be going gangbusters at even strength given how poor their power play has been recently and yet they are winning.

16 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

not picking on Laugh or anybody else but the box score shows 4 total giveaways. Chubby 1, Kreider 2, Kakko 1.  Impossible to believe we have only 4 to me but sure, I guess.

About as meaningful as having the puck on your stick for 6-7 seconds or whatever on a breakaway and missing the net. What's that prove and/or what is the value in that?

It could possibly be that A Rangers fan forum doesn't completely understand how the NHL tabulates giveaways.

It could also possibly be that because scores are kept by the home team, that they are being registered as takeaways for the home team rather than a giveaway for an away team. 

This is typically what you would expect of a Monday night game versus an Eastern conference team in a Western conference arena.

Rangers are just trying to survive this hell of a road trip on its last night and get out with a point.

Like I said before, this is successful in terms of points accumulated, but there's some work to be done. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

It could possibly be that A Rangers fan forum doesn't completely understand how the NHL tabulates giveaways.

It could also possibly be that because scores are kept by the home team, that they are being registered as takeaways for the home team rather than a giveaway for an away team. 

The Jets have one takeaway though 2 periods.