• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Peter Laviolette Is Next Rangers' Head Coach; Signs 3-Year Deal

Phil

I'm not. Their window is the next two years. Laviolette has to know that. Beyond that, the future is uncertain with Shesterkin's contract expiring and their massive contracts aging even further. 

This is probably the safest option of all the coaches available and for that reason it doesn't really instill a lot of confidence or excitement. 

5 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I'm not. Their window is the next two years. Laviolette has to know that. Beyond that, the future is uncertain with Shesterkin's contract expiring and their massive contracts aging even further. 

This is probably the safest option of all the coaches available and for that reason it doesn't really instill a lot of confidence or excitement. 

The interesting off season will be next year if this core falls short again because Trouba and Kreider can and most likely will be moved to change the trajectory of the team. 

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

The interesting off season will be next year if this core falls short again because Trouba and Kreider can and most likely will be moved to change the trajectory of the team. 

Trouba is not the guy who needs to be moved.

Terrible contract but he's a man among boys on this team.

Just now, Br4d said:

I like his leadership of this team. I really do but something's gotta give if this team fails to make playoffs or flames out in round one again.

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

I like his leadership of this team. I really do but something's gotta give if this team fails to make playoffs or flames out in round one again.

I'm already at the something's gotta give point with this roster but you can't trade the only guy who stands his ground in a fight when the rest of the team is as soft as this team is.

We need a Trouba up front at this point and not a guy like Ryan Reeves who has balls of steel but can't skate any more.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

I'm already at the something's gotta give point with this roster but you can't trade the only guy who stands his ground in a fight when the rest of the team is as soft as this team is.

We need a Trouba up front at this point and not a guy like Ryan Reeves who has balls of steel but can't skate any more.

We always go to the garbage bin for our needs. Get the guy who is 36 and plays a hard game?!? Next thing you know we will be trying to get Lucic.......

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Really? Last time I checked it was little boys who threw their toys when things weren't going their way. 

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Really? Last time I checked it was little boys who threw their toys when things weren't going their way. 

Post something useful for a change.

Trouba is the Ranger's tough guy at the moment.  Nobody else fills that role.

I hate his contract and his cap hit but I can't imagine the Rangers as a functional team with nobody who will stand up to the bullies and without Trouba that's the situation.

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

The LW glut prevents the option of taking Adam Fox to Ottawa and trying to pry Brady Tkachuk away from them.

After watching the playoffs, I'll take any Tkachuk at this point, even Walt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Post something useful for a change.

Trouba is the Ranger's tough guy at the moment.  Nobody else fills that role.

I hate his contract and his cap hit but I can't imagine the Rangers as a functional team with nobody who will stand up to the bullies and without Trouba that's the situation.

You've posted nonstop about trading an untradable player, since the minute the season ended...And I need to post something useful? Get a grip, and learn to take a joke.

• Like 1

Cautiously optimistic. He has a system. Also has a roster of players who should be embarrassed by their failures, so this time (3rd?4th?) would hope they're more inclined to buy into the system rather than do their own thing. 

• Bullseye 1