• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Peter Laviolette Is Next Rangers' Head Coach; Signs 3-Year Deal

Phil

7 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Read through the thread.  They barely practiced.  Gallant was as hands off as possible.  The opponents are NHL players too.  You can just try harder your way to a win when the opponent makes adjustments and shutsdown what you were doing.  Your coach needs to counter.

Yeah, I saw it. Just not totally buying into it. In my opinion (just my opinion), it's difficult to get a 100 plus points in two consecutive seasons by barely practicing

16 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

Yeah, I saw it. Just not totally buying into it. In my opinion (just my opinion), it's difficult to get a 100 plus points in two consecutive seasons by barely practicing

Igor.

They gave up tons of high danger chances and only scored on the power play.

What exactly about their play makes it seem like they had any sort of cohesive plan that they worked on?

2 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Igor.

They gave up tons of high danger chances and only scored on the power play.

What exactly about their play makes it seem like they had any sort of cohesive plan that they worked on?

I'm not buying into it because at the NHL level, common sense will tell you that you aren't going to earn 100 plus points in a season without practicing or having a plan. If Gallant wasn't doing a damn thing, why are we hearing about it at the close of a disappointing season? Where was the shocked response from the media during the season? If I'm the owner or GM, and my coach is doing nothing I want to address it, and rectify the situation. They didn't ... Until it was to late. 

As for the playoffs? Won the first 2 convincingly, lost the next 3 by not showing up, win game 6 convincingly and then don't show up for a game 7. How does that happen? Did they have a plan for the 3 wins, and not so much for the losses? At the NHL level, why do these players need their coach to motivate them at all, much less a game 7? Anyway, now we get the chance to see how Laviolette responds to this cast of characters.