• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

Worst +/- in the entire NHL tied with Yandle. Sitting him suddenly just helped the Red Wings D 

9cXMMek.jpg

Might want to look at more of the names in worst +/- . Bunch of names in there listed as top gets for the deadline. Funny how +/- is a stat anyone gives a shit about all of a sudden.  

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

9cXMMek.jpg

Might want to look at more of the names in worst +/- . Bunch of names in there listed as top gets for the deadline. Funny how +/- is a stat anyone gives a shit about all of a sudden.  

Dude I'm sorry you don't realize Leddy is trash. Hes a shell of what he used to be. Not someone we need to target. Meanwhile, there are no defenders on that list known for defense. Maybe Seth Jones ? Product of Torts to an extent. I'm not sure where you are  going with this. 

Edited by Keirik

Just now, Keirik said:

Dude I'm sorry you don't realize Leddy is trash. Hesba shell pfneho hebused to be. Not spmeonebwe need to target. Meanwhile, there are no defenders on that list known forndefense. Maybe Seth Jones ? Product of Torts to an extent. I'm not sure where youngsters going with this. 

Classic Keirik typo post 

• LOL 4
  • LMFAO 1

17 minutes ago, josh said:

oh so that’s why her sister isn’t hot. 

Exactly. She’s another story for a conversation in person rather than the internet lol .

Speaking of, it was Purim apparently yesterday into today. We had some nice Hamentashen.  Triangle jelly stuff. Meh. Passover soon though so yippy! Coincides for our playoffs I think so no beer for me for a good eight days. Currently doing my research on rubbing alcohol to see if it’s kosher for Passover. 

as for my typos. On my phone it’s far worse. @josh I hope Florida is treating you nice. Gdt ain’t the same without ya. 

I’m home now after a postgame nightcap. Leddy plays a ton so his +/- isn’t the end all be all, but on a team where Staal leads in +/- and has played over 100 games for us, I’d rather him return to play with Schneider and right wrong along the way. I’m sure Kreids, Ziby, et al would be happy to have his return since if nothing else, the dude knows wtf it takes here to play in front of an elite D. 
   Sometimes, it’s about bringing in a presence that is familiar too. 

I think the Gourde trade for us would be similar to the Goring trade for the Isles back in the day. So so many similar stuff there except Goirde had already won while Goring hadn’t. However it’s the kind of guy you look back on 3 years and think it changed a fuck ton. I know it’s a pipe dream but for the love of gods, Larry you listen here so start typing how this  is a fit please. 

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

Exactly. She’s another story for a conversation in person rather than the internet lol .

Speaking of, it was Purim apparently yesterday into today. We had some nice Hamentashen.  Triangle jelly stuff. Meh. Passover soon though so yippy! Coincides for our playoffs I think so no beer for me for a good eight days. Currently doing my research on rubbing alcohol to see if it’s kosher for Passover. 

as for my typos. On my phone it’s far worse. @josh I hope Florida is treating you nice. Gdt ain’t the same without ya. 

I’m home now after a postgame nightcap. Leddy plays a ton so his +/- isn’t the end all be all, but on a team where Staal leads in +/- and has played over 100 games for us, I’d rather him return to play with Schneider and right wrong along the way. I’m sure Kreids, Ziby, et al would be happy to have his return since if nothing else, the dude knows wtf it takes here to play in front of an elite D. 
   Sometimes, it’s about bringing in a presence that is familiar too. 

I think the Gourde trade for us would be similar to the Goring trade for the Isles back in the day. So so many similar stuff there except Goirde had already won while Goring hadn’t. However it’s the kind of guy you look back on 3 years and think it changed a fuck ton. I know it’s a pipe dream but for the love of gods, Larry you listen here so start typing how this  is a fit please. 

Hey!  I can understand them...not that that says a lot!!  LOL

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Keirik said:

Dude I'm sorry you don't realize Leddy is trash. Hes a shell of what he used to be. Not someone we need to target. Meanwhile, there are no defenders on that list known for defense. Maybe Seth Jones ? Product of Torts to an extent. I'm not sure where you are  going with this. 

Larson

Giordano 

Chychrun 

I'm sure if I shrink the list to just D men, it would show more. 

Leddy doesn't have to be his former self. He has to be a guy that has been there before and can guide the younger players.  He'd be 3rd in points for D men  on the Rangers btw. The Rangers don't need a big time game changer on D. They need experience.  

Detroit is an absolute shit show and you're using +/- as your argument. 

The fact that Detroit has him sitting,  in anticipation of a trade should tell you there's interest from around the league. So I guess the league wants trash....? 

Guys been there and hes better than Nemeth. That's why you get him.

(Edit, I don't know why I always confuse Dunn with McNabb, I had listed Dunn with the other names)

Edited by The Dude

17 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Pay handsomely for gourde with retention and the team is going to win something 

Gourde is not a realistic option, for many reasons, starting with salary. These double retention proposals are pipe dreams.

Then when you see what Seattle got for Jarkrok and there's no way I'm interested in cost to acquire.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Gourde is not a realistic option, for many reasons, starting with salary. These double retention proposals are pipe dreams.

Then when you see what Seattle got for Jarkrok and there's no way I'm interested in cost to acquire.

As much as I'd love to have Gourde, I think you're right Pete.  The amount of cost, and the ability to juggle all that shit with retention just to get him may be a bit of a reach.

I'm thinking more and more like possibly some low hanging fruit like Kessel could fit the bill.  He won't cost us shit, the guy can still score, and has some solid playoff experience.  The best part is we get to wave bye bye at the end of the playoffs.  Not to mention being a good person for Donut boy to learn from during the playoff run.

I still would like to see us land a 3rd line Center though...I just don't know who they could get to fit that role.  I'd like to see Reaves-Rooney-Goodrow together on the 4th line.

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

As much as I'd love to have Gourde, I think you're right Pete.  The amount of cost, and the ability to juggle all that shit with retention just to get him may be a bit of a reach.

I'm thinking more and more like possibly some low hanging fruit like Kessel could fit the bill.  He won't cost us shit, the guy can still score, and has some solid playoff experience.  The best part is we get to wave bye bye at the end of the playoffs.  Not to mention being a good person for Donut boy to learn from during the playoff run.

I still would like to see us land a 3rd line Center though...I just don't know who they could get to fit that role.  I'd like to see Reaves-Rooney-Goodrow together on the 4th line.

Maybe. Right not I wouldn't be shocked if they only added a LD.

20 93 13

10 16 77

21 72 24

29 17 75

Or add a LW and move Goodrow to 3C on a checking line that can give you some offense. Or maybe Kakko on that 3RW is the perfect mix with 72 and 21.

Honestly without a huge upgrade that allows Vatrano to fall back to the third,  I'm pretty happy with the game they played last night. Tight playoff like hockey. Kakko will be coming back; I think we got a team that can compete. BUT gotta get rid of Georgiev and grab a real team guy not a whiny complainer that he doesn't get enough starts.

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

Maybe. Right not I wouldn't be shocked if they only added a LD.

20 93 13

10 16 77

21 72 24

29 17 75

Or add a LW and move Goodrow to 3C on a checking line that can give you some offense. Or maybe Kakko on that 3RW is the perfect mix with 72 and 21.

Yeah I see where you're going.  I suppose we're going to take Chytil to the party and hope for the best?  LOL

Just now, Ozzy said:

Yeah I see where you're going.  I suppose we're going to take Chytil to the party and hope for the best?  LOL

Doesn't seem like there's much of a choice at this point...Unless he gets moved for a 3LW or 3LD

• Like 1