• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

"Copp is out of the lineup for precautionary reasons. Health isn't a big concern to Copp or the Winnipeg Jets. He'll be back in the lineup on Friday."

"I know Colorado, the New York Rangers, and the Boston Bruins among those with interest."

19 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

Gourde is 30 years old,  5'9", 173 lbs, who doesn't play a particularly physical game with a 5.1 cap hit.

Josh Anderson is 27 years old, 6'3", 229 lbs., who plays a fast, physical game with a 5.5 cap hit.

I don't understand the Gourde love.

It's mostly a "3C thing" for me, Browny...I think Josh Anderson is a RW.  He's a good candidate, no doubt...but most of the Gourde love from my side is because he's that 3C that I've been looking for to take Chytil's spot.

59 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

Gourde is 30 years old,  5'9", 173 lbs, who doesn't play a particularly physical game with a 5.1 cap hit.

Josh Anderson is 27 years old, 6'3", 229 lbs., who plays a fast, physical game with a 5.5 cap hit.

Well I didn’t know there was a comparison to Josh Anderson specifically. First I’m hearing this. Gourde is just a target I’d go for. I wouldn’t be opposed to Anderson if he weren’t under contract until 2027. 

they actually are pretty similar players but Gourde plays a bit more well rounded game and can play center or wing.  They both score a large chunk of their goals at even strength. Gourde is the better playmaker though and the better penalty killer. Then the fact that he’s won two cups and knows what it takes to win. Gourde plays a high temps game just like Anderson. He just isn’t a huge banger but he certainly doesn’t shy away from the game as it gets tougher by any means. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

Gourde plays center. Anderson gets hurt. 

• LMFAO 1

3 hours ago, Phil said:

"Copp is out of the lineup for precautionary reasons. Health isn't a big concern to Copp or the Winnipeg Jets. He'll be back in the lineup on Friday."

"I know Colorado, the New York Rangers, and the Boston Bruins among those with interest."

Uggh remember Ryan Clowe? I'm a little worried about bringing in such a player after a concussion. Always worry about them getting another one.  

28 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing back Staal for our third pair with Schneider 

I would. I love the nostalgic, but man was he brutal to watch the last few years he was here. And he’s been no better in Detroit. It’s a shame what happened to him with his eye and that concussion. But, we already did the leg work finding someone to take him. No interest in bringing him back, especially when better options I’m sure exist.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 3:54 PM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

My perfect world:

KZL

Panarin-Strome-X

XX - Goodrow - Kakko

Reaves - Rooney - Hunt

Lindgren - Fox

Miller - Trouba

XXX - Schneider

X = 1st round pick, good prospect (Lundkvist/Jones/Krav)

XX = 2nd round pick + Gauthier

XXX = 4th round pick + Hajek

We lose a 1st, 2nd, 4th, one good prospect and a couple of nobodies. We still have a 2nd and 3rd in the upcoming draft and keep almost all of the prospects.

Drury doing gods work and gets the XX for only a 4th round pick. Extra ammo to get a really good X and maybe an extra 4th liner to bump out Reaves or Hunt?

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I would. I love the nostalgic, but man was he brutal to watch the last few years he was here. And he’s been no better in Detroit. It’s a shame what happened to him with his eye and that concussion. But, we already did the leg work finding someone to take him. No interest in bringing him back, especially when better options I’m sure exist.

Well honestly, he’s a lot better in Detroit this year than he was with us previously. He’s just a depth add. He’s a +10 on a team where most everyone else is -infinity.  Only two guys on the roster that are also not in the -. 

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

No to Staal, for the simple reason that they paid to get rid of him. Paying to re-acquire him from the same team you paid to acquire him in the first place is insane.

Well, not if you are giving up close to nothing for him. He’s still a guy with over 100 playoff games in his career compared to 28 for Nemeth. And paired with Schneider who is fairly mobile, it would be a decent fit. I’m not saying to target getting him but a team going into the playoffs could benefit from a guy with over 100 playoff games under his bel5 all with us already. He’s not having a horrible season.