• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

24 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Well, not if you are giving up close to nothing for him. He’s still a guy with over 100 playoff games in his career compared to 28 for Nemeth. And paired with Schneider who is fairly mobile, it would be a decent fit. I’m not saying to target getting him but a team going into the playoffs could benefit from a guy with over 100 playoff games under his bel5 all with us already. He’s not having a horrible season. 

I get it, but I'm still a no. I think they can find better depth defenders.

8 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but Seattle was going to honor Mark Giordano for his 1000 games played tonight. Instead, he is now a healthy scratch. I would have to imagine something is fairly close there too. And he’s someone we’ve been linked to since the summer.

Maybe Giordano and Jarnkrok can make it here in time for the Islanders game tomorrow night

3 hours ago, Phil said:

No to Staal, for the simple reason that they paid to get rid of him. Paying to re-acquire him from the same team you paid to acquire him in the first place is insane.

You can really say the same thing about JT Miller in principle. 

11 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I do not like the trade for Florida.

I mean, it's steep to give up a first for Chiarot, but there's a reason all the contenders were in on him. He's a good player on a horrendous team and his style of play is going to be highly-beneficial in the playoffs. Particularly in the opening round.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I don't totally disagree with what you're saying, but that's a bogus criteria. 

I think it’s important to consider with the assets it will take to acquire Larkin, 

ah, I did think Larkin had like 5 years left. So I guess it’s not a long term commitment. 

Jarnkrok to Calgary for 3 draft picks with salary retention. 

Seattle receives a second-round pick in 2022, a third in 2023 and a seventh in 2024. The second-round pick this summer is the one the Flames previously acquired from the Panthers.

I would’ve made this trade if I was Drury.  

Edited by RJWantsTheCup