• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

5 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I woulda done that from a Rangers perspective. Guy seems like a great producer for $1.5mil. Not sure Drury want's to be "all in" but that's a move that would be great for helping with the cap for the next two seasons after this one too.

He was playing over 17 minutes a night on Kane's wing and was on the top PP unit (and he's a LW).   He wont get those minutes or opportunities in Tampa so we'll see how much he produced.  I don't think I'd would want to give up that much.

45 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

So glad to see Tampa adding depth players with multi-year contracts. They really need it! Meanwhile the Rangers have Filip Chytil who'll figure things out as soon as he gets both of his eyes to look straight.

Tampa has this amazing ability to not just look for rentals, but look for value contracts. They did it with Goodrow and now they do it with Hagel. These are the exact type of trades we should be doing. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I wrote a little trade deadline poem for Filip Chytil in the hopes that he gets traded. Hockey gods do me a solid.

A Poem for Filip Chytil

I watch you play. You make me cry.

You miss the net. I want to die.

You’re still around. Please Drury, why?

How 'bout a Haiku??

My name is Chytil

I barely push the needle

First round pick wasted

😃

• LOL 1
  • Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Tampa has this amazing ability to not just look for rentals, but look for value contracts. They did it with Goodrow and now they do it with Hagel. These are the exact type of trades we should be doing. 

That’s why I’m as hard for Connor Brown as you are for Gourde.

45 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I woulda done that from a Rangers perspective. Guy seems like a great producer for $1.5mil. Not sure Drury want's to be "all in" but that's a move that would be great for helping with the cap for the next two seasons after this one too.

I probably also would have done this from a Rangers perspective, and the Rangers would have gotten even more mileage out of Hagel than Tampa will since he probably would have been in the top 6 here while he's probably bottom 6 in Tampa.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yup. That's why a lot of us have been focused on getting retention on some of these guys we've been talking about, to turn them into great performance-to-cap players. Tampa knows what's up.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

How 'bout a Haiku??

My name is Chytil

I barely push the needle

First round pick wasted

😃

Can't score a goal

Hates contact at all

Your own worst enemy

Too many excuses for me

In time you may develop 

Last chance somewhere else Filip

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

He was playing over 17 minutes a night on Kane's wing and was on the top PP unit (and he's a LW).   He wont get those minutes or opportunities in Tampa so we'll see how much he produced.  I don't think I'd would want to give up that much.

Yeah but imagine a $1.5mil 22g/55gp scorer on Panarin's line for the next three seasons.

Geo has been on the market for two years, and he's at his lowest value over that time now.  If we did not get a good enough offer for him before, why would we get anything of significance now?  We'll probably pay more to get a short term No. 2 than we'll get for Geo.

58 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Geo has been on the market for two years, and he's at his lowest value over that time now.  If we did not get a good enough offer for him before, why would we get anything of significance now?  We'll probably pay more to get a short term No. 2 than we'll get for Geo.

I was telling Ozzie today, geo probably isn't going anywhere until the draft. Probably some silly thing like trading from having 108th pick to the 94th pick for the rights to Geo. Something like that. Hoping I'm wrong. 

• Keeps it 100 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

+/-, like any other stat, is useful in context.

• Marc Staal is +10 and leads the Wings
  • Nick Leddy is -33
  • The next closest defenseman is -20

When your top +/- player is +10 and the worst is -33, that tells you a lot.

I understand your overarching point, but Rangers fans have been saying Staal was breaking down in 2017-18 at least. Nick Leddy has regressed so badly on a play-by-play basis that he couldn't keep up with 2022 Marc Staal? I dunno. Is he worth a trade, it depends. No more than a 4th rounder like the Vatrano trade. For a guy that works well in Gallant's system and is ok with being rotational in the lineup you can pick up the phone, if that's what Leddy is. It would be worth it if he blocked a ton and stabilized the last pair, but there's probably other guys you pick before him.

I mean, Erik Gudbranson is having a career resurgence on a good team, posting career points and is a good locker room guy, I guess like Tinordi haha. It's not impossible even if Gudbranson is obviously an exception to the rule. Is Leddy in Staal-McIlrath territory yet and is this a disaster move? I don't think so, but i'm not putting my chips on him first to hope for a Gudbranson type turnaround.

The concern on defense is appropriate but I personally believe that Nemeth will rise to the occasion in the playoffs. I'm more concerned with K Miller making bad choices come playoff time. He does alot of great things, then gets himself stuck and leaves his partner alone for a 2 on 1. I thought it would stop as the season went on but it hasn't. He also bobbles the puck a little too often but that could just be garden ice.  ?

On 3/15/2022 at 11:30 AM, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

My latest take is Cogliano for a mid round pick, based on absolutely nothing. Cogliano, or maybe a Zach Sanford.

How about Bonino? Typically a selke candidate, consistent face off guy. Signed for one more season at 2 mill.  I'm sure SJ would like to dump some salary. 

• Like 1

Just here to get some Stastny/Copp chatter going. If the Giroux stuff is true and he doesn't want to come to NY, then you have to look around at the next tier down or lower.

For the teams needs, either one of Copp or Stastny is a fit. You'd think Winnipeg would do them a solid and send them packing for a chance at a cup. Copp probably costs more in trade, but he brings a little more grit for the playoffs. 

I'd be pretty happy if Drury could land either of them. What ever he does, it doesn't seem like it's going to be anything huge. 

They are very practical and safe moves. I can't see giving up a whole lot for either. Crap, get them both. I believe Stastny can play wing. 

8 hours ago, Shesty Cola said:

Potential lines with a healthy lineup and Rakell added:

Kreider – Zibanejad – Lafrenière

Panarin – Strome – Kakko

Vatrano – Chytil – Rakell

Goodrow – Rooney – Reaves

Why would Rakell be on the third line?