• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

Also I was never on board with the Gourde (simply because it doesn't work from a salary perspective and there's no way these multiple retention deals are going to play out in real life), but I have to seeing what Calgary gave up to get Jarnkrok it's definitely a hard pass there too. 

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

Hard pass there. Played 11 games last year due to a core muscle injury and while his fancy stats are decent, he's now on the 4th line of a not very good team and is shooting 4%.

I've watched a bunch of Stars games this year and haven't noticed him once. I guess you can say the low shooting percentage is a key factor in the total lack of scoring, but this definitely feels like a trade for a trades sake.

29 minutes ago, Phil said:

I've watched a bunch of Stars games this year and haven't noticed him once. I guess you can say the low shooting percentage is a key factor in the total lack of scoring, but this definitely feels like a trade for a trades sake.

Ditto and I love(d) the guy.

would take him over Kessel, still. 

I'm starting to hope more and more that we don't make a "big" splash. I'm fine to move a defensive prospect or two or a 2nd round pick, but I'm not interested in giving up a 1st for anyone at this point.

The Vatrano move was solid and I hope if they bring someone else in, it's a move similar to that one. Low risk. High reward. 

2 hours ago, josh said:

Ditto and I love(d) the guy.

would take him over Kessel, still. 

I probably would, too. Just based on playing style, or what used to be his playing style. Of the two, I trust Radulov to do more with less, which is probably what will be asked of them when the scoring (unsurprisingly) doesn't magically re-appear.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

I'm starting to hope more and more that we don't make a "big" splash. I'm fine to move a defensive prospect or two or a 2nd round pick, but I'm not interested in giving up a 1st for anyone at this point.

The Vatrano move was solid and I hope if they bring someone else in, it's a move similar to that one. Low risk. High reward. 

I'm the opposite. The more and more I look at the future cap situation and what not, the more I realize that changes will be forced. This summer will be tight on the cap and the summer of '23 will be no different with multiple RFAs up.

Ideally, the deal is for a really good, affordable player (either bargain contract or through retention).

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

This just in.  Rangers need NHL roster filler players to replace the AHLers currently in the bottom 6.

Other POV...They need at least one RW of quality to get Hunt down the lineup thereby pushing McKegg out.

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Maybe yime to change the name of the thread to something like "Filler up"- the NY

Rangers trade dealine extravaganza of low key moves and roster filler 

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: Gas Costs HOW Much!?

As far as going big,  I say JT or nothing, and I don't think that's happening because I think it's less than 50-50 he gets traded and the price would be crazy.

I like the idea of moving Nemeth for a similar commodity that is a UFA.  It would give us a veteran on the third pair for the playoffs while getting rid of a contract that has two years on it but is not that expensive or bad in the eyes of many teams.  Capwise, I think for the next two years we need to get used to entry level contracts at some positions that Gallant would rather fill with veterans, like a Schneider-Jones third pair.  

• Like 1