• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Time for a Lafreniere Reset

Pete

9 minutes ago, G1000 said:

When we're ready to engage in facts and not fantasies around both what's actually being said and what Hajek purported to be versus what he is, we can revisit this conversation. Doubly so because this has absolutely nothing to do with Lafreniere, who this thread is actually about.

Oh. So now I'm not on topic and tge fact that he's on the NHL roster isn't... fact?

Ha. K. Laters. 

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

So you're suggesting Krav was sent down because he's Russian?

Mainly I was trying to be funny. Sorry if it didn't work.

But is has been suggested (by others, not me) here that one reason for him not being sent down is because he's from Canada. Couple that with how lazy and out of shape he looks when playing and how bad he has started the season, it's strange that this canadian don't need the same conditioning in the AHL as the russian apparently needed.

36 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

But is has been suggested (by others, not me) here that one reason for him not being sent down is because he's from Canada. Couple that with how lazy and out of shape he looks when playing and how bad he has started the season, it's strange that this canadian don't need the same conditioning in the AHL as the russian apparently needed.

Your English is very good 

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

What I'm reading here is that you do think that Kravtsov is being treated differently because he's Russian. 

52 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I'm not even sure if you're joking or being serious LOL, but thanks 😛

"So you're saying" "What I'm reading here"

iron man eye roll GIF

I just want to make sure that you seriously believe his nationality has anything to do with it, before I go through the trouble of debunking that hot take.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:37 PM, Sod16 said:

With just about any other player I'd say send him to Hartford, but the problem is that it would be a huge national story in Canada, especially Quebec, as he was the first French Canadian skater to go No. 1 in a long time.  It would be such a distraction and big deal that I don't think he could make good use of it.

Zuc this I believe is what you were referring to from earlier in this thread.  I hope this kind of thinking doesn't ever enter into Drury's mind when it comes to whether or not Laf has earned a trip to Hartford. If it does we've got the wrong guy.

This isn't about whether LaF "deserves" to be sent to Hartford; it's about whether he would benefit from it.  I think the fact that you would have big segments on NHL tonight, camera crews and reporters from Montreal showing up in Hartford, and something of a circus in general would distract and interfere with LaF getting something out of a stay in Hartford.

2 hours ago, Sod16 said:

This isn't about whether LaF "deserves" to be sent to Hartford; it's about whether he would benefit from it.  I think the fact that you would have big segments on NHL tonight, camera crews and reporters from Montreal showing up in Hartford, and something of a circus in general would distract and interfere with LaF getting something out of a stay in Hartford.

That would be Kravtsov level immaturity. 

• Applause 1

3 hours ago, Sod16 said:

The fact that this isn't happening while he's in the NHL, makes me doubt it would happen if he were sent down. They aren't up his ass now whole he isn't playing as expected. Why would that change?

3 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Lafreniere's perhaps only strength is that he seems much more mature than the average 19 year old, and I don't think this would phase him, in particular. That said it is a valid concern for other young players who are immature and it would be naive to not manage them as if they weren't. We have to keep reminding ourselves that 19, 20, 21 year old people should hardly be considered men in this day and age and we shouldn't expect them to behave like it. 

3 hours ago, Sod16 said:

the fact that you would have big segments on NHL tonight, camera crews and reporters from Montreal showing up in Hartford

Also rereading this and pulling out a quote....that's not a fact, its a massive assumption. 

15 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Well he's got as many goals as Panarin and Mika while playing basically no PP time and about 6 mins less a game, while also playing with a brigade of line mates like the oft injured Chytil and offensive powerhouse Goodrow.

I don't think he's been bad at all, maybe he hasn't taken a jump like people have expected he'd take this season. Don't see how time in Hartford is going to benefit him.

Perfect world I'd like to see that second PP unit get a little more time and for now keep him with Chytil and Gauthier,they've had a good couple games.

• Like 1
  • TroCheckmark 2

1 hour ago, siddious said:

I dont know which part of this fact angers and depresses me more.

Nothing about it should bother you. It's basically the same as saying I have the same amount of q-tips in my jar as Bill Gates, but he cleans his ears way more than I do.