• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Time for a Lafreniere Reset

Pete

Should have been done last season. Same with Kakko.

Miller could use some fine tuning. Lundkvist isn't very impressive. Nemeth can use some waivers.

Lots of this roster could use a demotion. None of which would effect the outcome in games, as they are seriously pulling these wins out of someone's mother's ass. 

17 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

With just about any other player I'd say send him to Hartford, but the problem is that it would be a huge national story in Canada, especially Quebec, as he was the first French Canadian skater to go No. 1 in a long time.  It would be such a distraction and big deal that I don't think he could make good use of it.

This is what we file under "not a good reason not to do it." 

1 minute ago, Morphinity said:

I mean jury is still out. Not exactly proof of anything.

My point is we had a player who wasn't ready for the nhl, and he's in the AHL... That's where you put players who aren't ready for the nhl, and Laf isn't. 

To quote Jeff Marek, nobody ever got worse from going to the AHL.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Should have been done last season. Same with Kakko.

Miller could use some fine tuning. Lundkvist isn't very impressive. Nemeth can use some waivers.

Lots of this roster could use a demotion. None of which would effect the outcome in games, as they are seriously pulling these wins out of someone's mother's ass. 

No need to worry Dude Kakko will get a point eventually, plus you know he's doing all those other really great things, right? 

Sam fucking blew a frozen rope last night with a few seconds left when he screamed about Kakko "really going for it there!!"  by shooting the puck from his own zone at the empty net (and missing), only for Joe to ruin the guys night by letting him know that I believe that was Hunt Sam not Kakko as they brought the puck back after it was called icing. 

He's so bad on the boards. If he picks up the puck there or the defense forces him to the wall, 9 out of 10 times he will lose it. His positioning is okay and he'll occasionally make a good pass to set up some offense, but it isn't NHL caliber. He needs a few months in the AHL. Build some confidence, play against men and get some ice time. There's no excuse not to, PR is bullshit. PR will be better if our 1st overall pick develops into a game driving top-6 forward during his career instead of flaming out like Yakupov.

6 minutes ago, Xander said:

He's so bad on the boards. If he picks up the puck there or the defense forces him to the wall, 9 out of 10 times he will lose it. His positioning is okay and he'll occasionally make a good pass to set up some offense, but it isn't NHL caliber. He needs a few months in the AHL. Build some confidence, play against men and get some ice time. There's no excuse not to, PR is bullshit. PR will be better if our 1st overall pick develops into a game driving top-6 forward during his career instead of flaming out like Yakupov.

Yakupov scored 31 in 48 as a rookie! At least he gave fans something to be excited about. 

Just now, Pete said:

Yakupov scored 31 in 48 as a rookie! At least he gave fans something to be excited about. 

True, at least Yakupov had success before he flamed out. 

If he got sent down, he'd be the first #1 OA to play in the AHL since Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Taylor Hall did in shortened 2012-13. Before that? Marc-Andre Fleury started his career in the AHL and Erik Johnson played a single game. 

2 minutes ago, Xander said:

True, at least Yakupov had success before he flamed out. 

If he got sent down, he'd be the first #1 OA to play in the AHL since Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Taylor Hall did in shortened 2012-13. Before that? Marc-Andre Fleury started his career in the AHL and Erik Johnson played a single game. 

And those 1OAs have had mixed results. Makes you think the decision should be made based in player and not draft slot.

If Lafreniere were the 21st overall he'd be in the A. 

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

And those 1OAs have had mixed results. 

Point being that he'd be the first 1OA to spend time in the AHL due to lack of performance since Fleury, and Fleury being a goalie is entirely different. RNH and Hall started there during the lockout, and would've made the NHL team and avoided it had there been a full season. The overwhelming majority of 1OAs have been successful in at least being top-6 forwards or top-4 defensemen, and Lafreniere is probably off to the worst start of a 1OA in two decades. 

Edited by Xander

15 minutes ago, Xander said:

Point being that he'd be the first 1OA to spend time in the AHL due to lack of performance since Fleury, and Fleury being a goalie is entirely different. RNH and Hall started there during the lockout, and would've made the NHL team and avoided it had there been a full season. The overwhelming majority of 1OAs have been successful in at least being top-6 forwards or top-4 defensemen, and Lafreniere is probably off to the worst start of a 1OA in two decades. 

Check the edit and ...

Chill Leopard GIF

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Is he in the top 3 of a re-draft? It's pretty early for such an exercise, but I'd have him #4 just head of Jarvis. 

Stuetzle

Byfield

Raymond 

Drysdale

Jarvis

Hasn't Hendrix Lapiere played well ... That's rough. 

3 hours ago, Sod16 said:

With just about any other player I'd say send him to Hartford, but the problem is that it would be a huge national story in Canada, especially Quebec, as he was the first French Canadian skater to go No. 1 in a long time.  It would be such a distraction and big deal that I don't think he could make good use of it.

What the media in Montreal thinks is up there with least things I care about. 

4 hours ago, siddious said:

Lunkvist has been fine. He’s not even noticeable which is by no means a bad thing for a rookie defenseman. He’ll get there, I’m not overly worried about him.

Agree and he's playing with the best offensive defensemen in the league. I'm sure Fox would give him a few pointers.

6 hours ago, josh said:

He was producing in the top 6.

He had the most ES points and ES goals through the first weeks. Move with Chytil- nothing (which is a common theme) and Goodrow, who is a 4th line center.

Moved because he STOPPED producing.

5 hours ago, siddious said:

Lunkvist has been fine. He’s not even noticeable which is by no means a bad thing for a rookie defenseman. He’ll get there, I’m not overly worried about him.

Another "top prospect " not being noticeable.... After all the hype and talk about how good he is..  Unnoticeable... Great. Yeah. He's fine... He should be the 2 PP QB, and getting favorable match ups on the 3rd pair, and putting up some points. We are getting nothing from him. 

Fine.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Now do "every player is different and maybe Kakko is showing the effort and Lafreniere is a 4th liner because...." 

Did you read Phil’s post? It was specifically about producing. Well, not producing.