• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Time for a Lafreniere Reset

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

He's been our best looking forward in this series. He was absolutely buzzing tonight. Some guys have that gene where the bigger the game the more they stand out. He looks to have that gene. Major competitor and you can see how much he has elevated his game. Really excited about what I've seen from him.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

What a fucking playoff for this third line. They are finally doing the things I always wanted to see them do, and they're doing it on a big stage.

No matter the outcome, this playoff is a success story for them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 3
  • Believe 1

I was always on the Kakko and Yukon train, but I gotta hand it to Chytil too.  He's playing way better than I would've expected!!  Good for him!!!  Us too!!  LOL

Very proud of those guys!!!

• Bullseye 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

I think we can change the name of the thread. He has been reset and is playing at the level most expected.

Chytil and Kakko too. Kakko is dominant on the puck. Chytil is getting dirty. They are trying to dictate play when they are out there. Wish the same could be said about Zibanejad and Kreider. 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I think we can change the name of the thread. He has been reset and is playing at the level most expected.

Chytil and Kakko too. Kakko is dominant on the puck. Chytil is getting dirty. They are trying to dictate play when they are out there. Wish the same could be said about Zibanejad and Kreider. 

We should have a kid line thread. 

• Keeps it 100 1

7 hours ago, -ERIK- said:

Laffy is the next Captain....maybe I'm jumping the gun 

Maybe so.. but in the grand scheme of things (as has been said by many here), the franchise NEEDS this kid to bust out and grab the C- be that Alpha we seem to lack from game to game.  

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The kid's making me proud!!  I never left that bandwagon...I just knew he had it in him.  Kakko does too!!!  ...just gotta let that timidness wear off a little more.  He'll be good too!

I think last night was a far bigger game for Kakko personally than we realize. His play in the second and third periods was calm, confident, and smart. That puck pressure and zone control near the end of the third was....oh man, I want him to do that all the time.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

9 minutes ago, G1000 said:

I think last night was a far bigger game for Kakko personally than we realize. His play in the second and third periods was calm, confident, and smart. That puck pressure and zone control near the end of the third was....oh man, I want him to do that all the time.

You see where he got the puck deep on the boards, G Man?? ...then got double-teamed and fought for the puck only to get it back??  Fucking sweet work...great shift!!!!

I'm really loving the future of these kids!!!

17 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Dunkin had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for my free doughnut this morning for Lafraniere scoring last night.

You should probably get a free coffee if Pastranak scores and Bruins win.